Is there such a thing as a holy day?

musterion

One or more that you think God esteems, and wants us to esteem, above others? What and why.

My vote is no.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One or more that you think God esteems, and wants us to esteem, above others? What and why.

Christ who made all things made the seventh day of the week a special day by blessing it and sanctifying it. (Genesis 2:3)

Jesus also said do this in remembrance of me.

Elia

My vote is no.

Bs"d

Here is what God says about it: "Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
Gen 2

Looks clear to me; God blessed and sanctified the Sabbath.

Did He do the same with Sunday? Or Christmas?

Didn't think so.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Ben Masada

Is there such a thing as a holy day?

Yes, there is. BTW, there are some holy days in Judaism but what makes the day hole is the People. Hence, the days are not holy for all peoples but for the holy ones of the Most High only.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

My vote is no.

:eek:linger: CathOlics :freak: have
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
holy days of obligation. They
drunk_walk-2125.gif
get drunk and fornicate
mousy.gif
on all the other days. Ro 14:5

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
If you're Catholic, not only are their Holy Days, there are Holy Days of Obligation. Forget to participate in a Holy Day of Obligation and you just bought yourself some years in purgatory.

Lon

Yes, one or all of them:
Romans 14:5 (or 'all the same' but that reads to me as 'all of them' however 'same may embrace your thought here).

Israel had days and places that were set apart for memory and worship. I think you have a fair point between 'worship' and 'idolatry.' The 'day' is not to be worshipped, but the Christ of the day. I will take that correct and or instruction for a month of Sundays and more.

Luke 2:11 Merry Christmas.

OCTOBER23

GOD'S HOLY DAY

Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

SonOfCaleb

I would answer no. As there is nothing intrinsically holy about any day in our calenders.
Most religious or secular holy days are worldy in nature and handed down via various traditions and lore.
From a Christian standpoint the only day or event that Jesus said Christians should observe was his death, this was so the importance of his sacrificial death could be observed by partakers of the emblems and observers.
Judaic tradition though via the Mosaic Law set aside holy days to God primarily for days of piety and religious instruction for the people of Isreal. These were so the Jews could express their appreciation for the things God had done for them EG the passover which celebrated their liberation by God from Egypt.
From a Christian standpoint because Jesus fulfilled the Law and effectively made it redundant the holy days inaugurated under the Mosaic Law are no longer relavent.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He did his job calling you out for the antichrist you are (Eph 5:11). :reals: You're welcome.

All days belong to us. :straight: Ps 118:24

As a reminder LA is number 11 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Jesus is the son of God. You deny that and add to Gods word, a criminal offence.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

LA

Elia

Bs"d

Pagan Holidays - or God's Holy Days - Which?

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15

Elia

Every day and all that we do is holy for the faith sons and daughters of God.

Bs"d

You choose paganism; I choose Gods holy days.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

RBBI

Funny thing about the Jewish holy days, He told them they were to be done FOREVER, not just until Messiah came. And there were "g-dfearers" and "strangers" who were to be included in the participation of the holy days, if they so chose to. Peace