Is there such a thing as a holy day?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

I believe they are forever, for all generations, just like God says in the Torah.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5
Do you believe this present earth will ever come to an end?

Isaiah 66:22-23 JPS 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 66:22-23 NASB - 22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure. 23 "And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

What is the new heavens and the new earth?

I observe the holy days, so I know what you mean. Here though I have come to understand that we either do or do not live in the new heavens and the new earth.

Hebrews 6:5 NASB - 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,

I believe you are talking about the perpetual statutes found in Leviticus 23.

Colossians 2:17 NASB - 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 10:1 NASB - 1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.

Is it an assumption, correct or not, to say that the holy days have anything to do or not with the new heavens and the new earth?

So, whatever is said about the new heavens and the new earth (and even in relation to the holy days of Torah), I can agree that they are for all generations (though not all people observe them). The only other options would be that they came to an end (which is difficult to believe for those who observe them), that they will be again in time (for those who believe they do not exist now), or that they will never be again (whether a person believes we are in the new heavens and new earth, or that the new heavens and new earth have come, or not). If they are for all time including the new heavens and the new earth, it is difficult to believe that they have come to an end. Even if things will be different in the new heavens and the new earth, be it if they are in time to come, one must deal with if they have come to an end. Certainly we can continue to learn from them as they are now, and for those who do not observe they may be able to learn something as well.

Elia

Is the Torah exclusively for the people of Jacob and the immigrants to physical Israel? Or did Moses proclaim the Torah to the Gentiles?

The law requires jurisdiction to be valid.

Bs"d

The 613 commandments are for the Jews.

The non-Jews have the 7 Noachidic commandments, incorporated in the covenant with Noach: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15

journey

My answer for this Age of Grace is no, and it will remain no until God changes it.

Romans 14:5-6 KJV One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:13-17 (KJV) 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

Elia

My answer for this Age of Grace is no, and it will remain no until God changes it.

Romans 14:5-6 KJV One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.

Bs"d

The point is of course, it is not what day any MAN esteems more than another, what counts is what day GOD esteems more than another:

"Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it."
Gen 2

So yes, the shabbat is holy. Blessed and sanctified by God.

And no man, also no Paul, can change that.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

elohiym

To the OP: Yes. God sanctified the seventh day of the week at creation and has never "unsanctified" it. That is why for hundreds of years after the cross, Christians kept the seventh day sabbath. You can read that in the Church histories, like for example, Sozomen's.

Elia

To the OP: Yes. God sanctified the seventh day of the week at creation and has never "unsanctified" it. That is why for hundreds of years after the cross, Christians kept the seventh day sabbath. You can read that in the Church histories, like for example, Sozomen's.

Bs"d

Unfortunately, nowadays practically all the Christians have thrown Gods laws overboard and replaced them with paganism.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”
Jer 16:19

journey

Most people who say that they keep the Sabbath don't - because they don't know what it is and what it requires.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Bs"d

You have the Tanach in your Bible because the Jews very carefully preserved the words of the prophets.

There is only one God who is one.

Worshipping a whole divine family is polytheism and idolatry.

But what about the camel I'm swallowing according to you?

I still don't see it.

"Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that Y-H-W-H He is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; THERE IS NO OTHER."
Deut 4:39

Math is a created science.....

Elia

Math is a created science.....

Bs"d

And you created your own science which says "1 + 1 = 1"?