Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

As soon as the word "no" is uttered, it's clear there is no consent.

And by all means you should pretend like you had done nothing wrong.

"But, dad, it wasn't my fault. I already let him dally with me for nearly and hour. I let him take my clothes off and I did everything short of letting him actually do the dirty.....he should have stopped like you told me all good boys would."

glorydaz

For anyone actually following the argument, if you're raped, the fault, blame and guilt attach singularly to the person who willfully forced himself upon you. It was his willful act that caused the harm, not your deciding to go for a run alone, answer the door to someone you thought you knew better, etc.

Some people will try to judge you anyway. Pity and ignore them.

Now let's let one of them get back to finding herself amusing.

Just can't face the facts as they're presented can you?

There are no evil women in La La Land, so you can keep your blinders on if you want to. I realize, the Bible is not where you look.

"By means of a whorish woman....." According to you, she has done nothing wrong. :think:

Proverbs 6:24-26
To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.​

"She caused him to yield......she forced him." According to you, she did nothing wrong. :think:

Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

Proverbs 7:26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.​

ClimateSanity

And by all means you should pretend like you had done nothing wrong.

"But, dad, it wasn't my fault. I already let him dally with me for nearly and hour. I let him take my clothes off and I did everything short of letting him actually do the dirty.....he should have stopped like you told me all good boys would."

Actually, if there is conversation going on, something can be revealed that turns the woman's stomach like realizing she is being violated. She could come to that conclusion after some revealing comments.

Here, no is serious. She should explain to her partner with he sudden change of mood however.

ClimateSanity

Just can't fact the facts as they're presented can you?

There are no evil women in La La Land, so you can keep your blinders on if you want to. I realize, the Bible is not where you look.

"By means of a whorish woman....." According to you, she has done nothing wrong. :think:

To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.​

"She caused him to yield......she forced him." According to you, she did nothing wrong. :think:

Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

Proverbs 7:26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.​
Is it in the American law code? If not, its not worth his time reading.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
As soon as the word "no" is uttered, it's clear there is no consent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ecause-sometimes-yes-means-no-katherine-timpf

The headline reads: yes means yes is not enough because sometimes yes means no.

That's all one needs to read- spare yourself the time from actually reading that drivel.

That's why I don't care about people stating the obvious- 'no means no'. Cool story. Was there a point to be made? No, there wasn't- it's moping in disguise and it's insulting to men.
Shenanigans means 'shenanigans', and that's what this nonsense is- yes means yes and tomorrow's regret is not yesterday's rape. Deal with it.

bybee

Wow, I'm impressed.

You've scared me and made Angel go into hysterics. You must be the Wonder Woman of La La Land. The enforcer, perhaps.

Bybee is the Queen, Anna is the Power behind the throne, Rusha is the Lady in Waiting, and Heretic is the Town Crier. Artie the Court Jester is in the dungeon eating his curds and whey.

Again you show your hatefulness.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just can't face the facts as they're presented can you?
If you're going to talk to yourself you really don't need my quote above it. :plain:

There are no evil women in La La Land
Literally has nothing to do with my point, so you're consistent.

That's a man allowing himself to be seduced. If temptation is sufficient to negate/transfer the fault of sin then no man needs a cross. The devil made us do it. :rolleyes:

Else, that's not really addressing rape, a willful violation of another human being against their will and one the offending party bears the complete responsibility for.

glorydaz

If you're going to talk to yourself you really don't need my quote above it. :plain:

Literally has nothing to do with my point, so you're consistent.

That's a man allowing himself to be seduced. If temptation is sufficient to negate/transfer the fault of sin then no man needs a cross. The devil made us do it. :rolleyes:

Else, that's not really addressing rape, a willful violation of another human being against their will and one the offending party bears the complete responsibility for.

Try to pay attention Town. Notice how I highlighted your words about the poor innocent women who were doing nothing wrong....as if that were true of all women who ended up being raped. I gave you an example of an evil woman (since you clearly don't believe they exist).

That evil woman was actively seducing some young man, and you can argue with a straight face that she didn't do anything wrong. Does she suddenly become innocent when the man does something she didn't bargain for or doesn't like? When does she miraculously become an innocent victim without any fault?

Arsenios

"By means of a whorish woman....."

"She caused him to yield......she forced him."

The pre-incarnate Christ is speaking in Proverbs to His People, the Jews, who are very vulnerable to such seductions - David, a man after God's Own Heart, fell through lust into murder by seeing a woman bathing on a rooftop...

But these are not mature Christians... They are pre-Christians...

Christians CAN still fall to all manner of sins, but those mature in the Faith should have overcome and be overcoming such issues as a matter of course, and will normally be subjected to different temptations than these... Martyrdom, for instance, or other persecutions... Sickness and diseases and betrayals come to mind...

Christ was not so sensually tempted, and those who are mature in the Faith in Him will normally have such carnal matters well in hand, and will be taking on additional crosses...

Do you really think that mature Christian men are so vulnerable to such carnal flirtations and seductions as to be victimized at will?

The ones I know aren't... They may or may not experience temptation there, but do not permit themselves to fall into it... It is a simple matter of normal vigilance of soul...

ymmv, I suppose...

Arsenios

glorydaz

Do you really think that mature Christian men are so vulnerable to such carnal flirtations and seductions as to be victimized at will?

No, and that really had nothing to do with my point. I'm talking about personal responsibility and how everyone is accountable for what they do...whether it's a "crime" or not. People seem to think they can blame the other guy for what they, themselves, do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Try to pay attention Town. Notice how I highlighted your words about the poor innocent women who were doing nothing wrong....as if that were true of all women who ended up being raped. I gave you an example of an evil woman (since you clearly don't believe they exist).

That evil woman was actively seducing some young man, and you can argue with a straight face that she didn't do anything wrong. Does she suddenly become innocent when the man does something she didn't bargain for or doesn't like? When does she miraculously become an innocent victim without any fault?
Try to understand this, we're talking about rape, not about whether a man or a woman can try to seduce someone and whether if they do they have some responsibility for the seduction.

To begin with, most rapes have nothing whatsoever to do with your scenario. Secondly, if you force someone into sex against their will you're a rapist and the responsibility and blame for your act is, unsurprisingly, yours and yours alone.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Wow, I'm impressed.

You've scared me and made Angel go into hysterics. You must be the Wonder Woman of La La Land. The enforcer, perhaps.

Bybee is the Queen, Anna is the Power behind the throne, Rusha is the Lady in Waiting, and Heretic is the Town Crier. Artie the Court Jester is in the dungeon eating his curds and whey.

:kookoo:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It wasn't until 1975 that forced sex in marriage became illegal.

Funny how in that short of time, it's now seen as the worst thing since Satan.

Reminds me of the homosexual movement.. :think:

This is a big part of the reason why I get annoyed with these discussions. I AM ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG they'll say, but 40 years ago the entire planet disagreed with you.

Just like supporters of LGBT-Q-LMAO-WTH or whatever it's extended to being now :rolleyes:

In other words, it's very easy to simply go about many on here as if they are sheepy, neo-progressive morons. For all the times I've been called every name in the book and equated to evil incarnate here, anon anon.. having the same discussion for over three months because people can't think any further past their idolatry of women and their bodies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It wasn't until 1975 that forced sex in marriage became illegal.
Women couldn't vote until 1920.

Funny how in that short of time, it's now seen as the worst thing since Satan.
No, rape has been one of the worst things for a very long time.

Reminds me of the homosexual movement.. :think:
A striving for equality before the law by two groups historically ill served by it and set into second class citizen status by the established social order? Okay.

This is a big part of the reason why I get annoyed with these discussions. I AM ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG they'll say, but 40 years ago the entire planet disagreed with you.
No more true than the notion that before slavery ended most people were fine with it. Too many people, to be sure and the power structure was set to allow and enable, but that's how it goes from time to time.

bybee

Women couldn't vote until 1920.

No, rape has been one of the worst things for a very long time.

A striving for equality before the law by two groups historically ill served by it and set into second class citizen status by the established social order? Okay.

No more true than the notion that before slavery ended most people were fine with it. Too many people, to be sure and the power structure was set to allow and enable, but that's how it goes from time to time.

From his posts I surmise that he has a deep seated and profound hatred of women.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From his posts I surmise that he has a deep seated and profound hatred of women.

Yep ... it's nothing new. Due to their disagreeing with him, he has also labeled Kat, Tam and Angel as feminists as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.