Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elected4ever

It is a socially unacceptable practice.
A thing may be legal but that does not mean that we should do it. It may be illegal and that does not mean that we should not do it. I serve a living God and he dictates the desire of my heart and instructs me in my way. Do what is good before man and you will receive praise of the same. If you suffer for what is right then you are most blessed of the Lord so do not suffer for evil but for the good.

PKevman

Time to update the scoreboard.....

TOL member "elohiym" thinks....

- Christians cannot sin
- Satan didn't fall
- babes in-Christ are not IN-Christ
- Jesus wasn't tempted
- Lucifer is NOT Satan
- Ezekiel 28:12-19 doesn't allude to Satan
- God created Satan evil
- Freewill is an illusion
- Christians live a perfect life
- If a Christian does something wrong they were never a Christian to begin with.

Time to add another update!

TOL member "elohiym" thinks:
-To look at other women besides your wife is OK as long as she isn't married!
-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart. He DENIES the very words of Christ!
-Polygamy is ok and was NEVER a sin. To have more wives is BETTER!

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Elohiym -:loser:

Here is the most recent list of heresies he holds to:

- Christ did NOT die for our sins
- Salvation is NOT by Grace thru Faith Alone in Christ's substitutionary death & His resurrection
- You must do good works to be saved
- A Christian cannot & will not sin ever in his/her life
- Satan didn't fall
- Babes in-Christ are not saved
- Jesus wasn't tempted
- Lucifer is NOT Satan
- Ezekiel 28:12-19 doesn't allude to Satan
- God created Satan as evil
- Freewill is an illusion
- Christians live a perfect life
- If a Christian does something wrong they were never a Christian to begin with.
-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart. He DENIES the very words of Christ!

:bang:

Well, if anyone wants to add anything, feel free. IMHO, Elohiym is completely heretical and so off the wall, that it almost seems as though he is making this up as he goes along.

elected4ever

- Christ did NOT die for our sins ----- False Accusation
- Salvation is NOT by Grace thru Faith Alone in Christ's substitutionary death & His resurrection ------False Accusation
- You must do good works to be saved------False Accusation
- A Christian cannot & will not sin ever in his/her life---------- True belief
- Satan didn't fall----------False Accusation
- Babes in-Christ are not saved ---------Possible true but they are held innocent
- Jesus wasn't tempted he wasn't tempted. Jesus could not sin
- Lucifer is NOT Satan------ That my be true. Challenges traditional thinking
- Ezekiel 28:12-19 doesn't allude to Satan--- True statement challenges tradition
- God created Satan as evil------------ ??? don't know
- Freewill is an illusion----------- yes it is.
- Christians live a perfect life----True statement
- If a Christian does something wrong they were never a Christian to begin with. True statement.
-To look at other women besides your wife is OK as long as she isn't married! True statement
-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart. He DENIES the very words of Christ! No he doesn't. We are not under law
-Polygamy is ok and was NEVER a sin. To have more wives is BETTER!Not a sin just bad judgment. Not under law

:bang: Just proves that most Christians encumber themselves with law and not liberty and a diversity of opinion.

elohiym

What you should have are "Frequent Mormon cards". The more the more blessed? Polygamy is ok? I mean honestly are you for real? You are a disgusting pervert Elohiym. And I haven't called too many people that on here. But you fit the bill!
Then you imply that Abraham, Jacob and David were disgusting perverts, and you will pay for your remark one day. God will laugh at YOU and mock YOU, PK.

David was a man after god's own heart (Act 13:22), not a disgusting pervert. God gave David his wives (2Sam 12:8), and David did what was right all the days of his life except when he took another man's wife (1Kings 15:5). You reject the word of God, PK.

Polygamy is not and was never a sin. You can't show any law that makes it a sin in the Bible. It is not even a crime in our society at this time. It is not a sin to love more than one woman (YOU claim love is sin!). Even God's law included polygamy (Ex 21:10; De 21:15). And polygamy was required to fulfill God's law if a brother had to take his deceased brother's wife (Leverate marriage). You reject the word of God, PK.

You claim smoking and drinking are sins when the Bible says no such thing. Now you claim Polygamy was and is a disgusting perverted sin. Instead of honoring God and having his word in your heart, you reject his word in favor of your own godless, subjective standard. Now that's disgusting!

elohiym

You seemed to have missed the point of my post taking this quote out of context.
I was not speaking of any red blood cells or drinking them but of the passages that suggest the salvific function of the cross (which again is only one way to read the passage....)
I realize that you see the multiple meanings in the blood of the cross. My comments were meant to hit home to the other readers that it is the life in the blood that we are saved by, not the blood specifically.
Also I have read a few other of your post here and have to agree about the significance of resurrection and have to say IMHO it is for too often neglected within Christendom.
Bingo! They virtually ignore the resurrection, and certainly ignore the fact that they are saved by the life of Christ.

elohiym

Time to add another update!

TOL member "elohiym" thinks:
I never said:

"-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart."

Further, I meant to have more children is better, which would be the natural result from more wives. You are being purposefully obtuse.

Let's see. TOL member PastorKevin thinks:

--Smoking is a sin.
--Drinking is a sin.
--It is a sin for men to be attracted or aroused by the opposite sex unless they are married to that person.
--Abraham, Jacob and David (all polygamists) were disgusting perverts.

Anything else you want to add to the Bible, PK? :chuckle:

elohiym

- Christ did NOT die for our sins ----- False Accusation
- Salvation is NOT by Grace thru Faith Alone in Christ's substitutionary death & His resurrection ------False Accusation
- You must do good works to be saved------False Accusation
- A Christian cannot & will not sin ever in his/her life---------- True belief
- Satan didn't fall----------False Accusation
- Babes in-Christ are not saved ---------Possible true but they are held innocent
- Jesus wasn't tempted he wasn't tempted. Jesus could not sin
- Lucifer is NOT Satan------ That my be true. Challenges traditional thinking
- Ezekiel 28:12-19 doesn't allude to Satan--- True statement challenges tradition
- God created Satan as evil------------ ??? don't know
- Freewill is an illusion----------- yes it is.
- Christians live a perfect life----True statement
- If a Christian does something wrong they were never a Christian to begin with. True statement.
-To look at other women besides your wife is OK as long as she isn't married! True statement
-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart. He DENIES the very words of Christ! No he doesn't. We are not under law
-Polygamy is ok and was NEVER a sin. To have more wives is BETTER!Not a sin just bad judgment. Not under law

Thank you for that accurate assessment.

I'll add that I believe that there is nothing inherently wrong with polygamy. There was also nothing wrong with Jesus not having any wife. All that matters is the intent of the heart.
:bang: Just proves that most Christians encumber themselves with law and not liberty and a diversity of opinion.
You hit the nail on the head.

I just question if a "christian" encumbered with law is really even a Christian. That's why I like to phrase it in terms of "converted" and "unconverted." Only being converted "wins the race."

elected4ever

You hit the nail on the head.

I just question if a "christian" encumbered with law is really even a Christian. That's why I like to phrase it in terms of "converted" and "unconverted." Only being converted "wins the race."
I have my misgivings at times but i will contenue to traverse this minefield. Just because our human facilities pervert the truth is no reason to believe that they are not saved. hack, I have trouble understanding you at times.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
yes he does, he just doesn't have a good understanding or can't communicate it well. God looks at the thoughts and intent of the heart and not how we sometimes communicate those things poorly. Sometimes it is very hard to say one thing and then being understood to say something else.
WRONG!

PKevman

elohiym said:
Let's see. TOL member PastorKevin thinks:

--Smoking is a sin.
--Drinking is a sin.
--It is a sin for men to be attracted or aroused by the opposite sex unless they are married to that person.
--Abraham, Jacob and David (all polygamists) were disgusting perverts.

I never said smoking was a sin. You twist and you lie. I said God delivered me from being a chain smoker. Where you got "smoking is a sin" from that is beyond me. I will say that smoking is NOT something that a Christian (or any person) who CARES about their body should engage in. While all things are permissable, NOT all things are BENEFICIAL!

Scripture is filled with warnings about alcohol, and only a fool would ignore them! I didn't say drinking alcohol was a sin. The instruction in the Bible does NOT say do not drink, but rather not to be drunk! So geuss what? You LIED yet again. But then again you are a liar like Satan your father.
It is a sin for a man to look upon a woman who IS NOT his wife with lust in his heart (arousal) because as Jesus taught he is committing adultery with her in his heart.

David was a man after God's own heart because of his attitude of repentance for his sin, and his love for the Lord. He paid dearly for his infidelity. You seem to think polygamy is ok. You are wicked to the core!

PKevman

bump for PK.

Yes, there are consequences. None of them relate to losing your salvation. The Christian's daily walk with the Lord can be affected by a sinful lifestyle. There is also the discipline of the Lord which comes for His children. If a loving father disciplines a child who does wrong, will not the Lord do so as well?

PKevman

elohiym said:
I never said:

"-Jesus never said to look at a woman with lust is to commit adultery with her in your heart."

Ah revising history again Elohiym? Don't like the implications of where your statements take you?
I quoted this:

Jesus said:
27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

YOU SAID:
elohiym said:
you don't have a clue what Jesus meant.

AND

elohiym said:
Show us where in the law it states that being attracted to or aroused by the opposite sex is ever a sin.

You attempted to dance and dodge your way around the fact that you contradicted Jesus Christ who was the one who inspired the Law to be written. Jesus didn't CHANGE the law when He explained that sins of the heart are just the same as outward sins. But you're too stupid to understand anything Biblically.

Elohiym, I agree with the OP and with this whole thread,

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes, there are consequences. None of them relate to losing your salvation. The Christian's daily walk with the Lord can be affected by a sinful lifestyle. There is also the discipline of the Lord which comes for His children. If a loving father disciplines a child who does wrong, will not the Lord do so as well?
What sort of discipline from God?

PKevman

What sort of discipline from God?

Whatever He decides. :think:

For me it has often been a sad feeling deep inside that I had done something wrong or said something wrong. The Holy Spirit lives within us if we are saved, so He is capable of getting our attention, and He has often done so for me when I have said or done something wrong. The Spirit of God is our Teacher and our Guide through all of life. God's discipline could take many forms.

Many times the consequences for sin are that the believer does not feel that closeness with God that he once did. Let me state very clearly (for false accusers like Elohiym) that this does NOT mean that He withdraws His Spirit from us. The Scriptures are clear that Christians are SEALED with the Holy Spirit. In the Greek it is clear that this cannot be broken! This feeling of closeness with the Lord has more to do with the Christian feeling guilty over his sin than the idea that God has gone anywhere. But we also can GRIEVE the Spirit of God by our actions, and that should cause ANY Christian in a love relationship with the God of the universe to want to "do right and risk the consequences" as Bob Enyart so well puts it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Whatever He decides. :think:

For me it has often been a sad feeling deep inside that I had done something wrong or said something wrong. The Holy Spirit lives within us if we are saved, so He is capable of getting our attention, and He has often done so for me when I have said or done something wrong. The Spirit of God is our Teacher and our Guide through all of life. God's discipline could take many forms.
That sounds more like conviction that you sinned, not discipline for the sin.

Many times the consequences for sin are that the believer does not feel that closeness with God that he once did. Let me state very clearly (for false accusers like Elohiym) that this does NOT mean that He withdraws His Spirit from us. The Scriptures are clear that Christians are SEALED with the Holy Spirit. In the Greek it is clear that this cannot be broken! This feeling of closeness with the Lord has more to do with the Christian feeling guilty over his sin than the idea that God has gone anywhere. But we also can GRIEVE the Spirit of God by our actions, and that should cause ANY Christian in a love relationship with the God of the universe to want to "do right and risk the consequences" as Bob Enyart so well puts it.
While I agree that can/does happen, I meant consequences/discpline from God.