Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If you look at the passage PK, it is not the Holy Spirit that is grieved but the righteous Spirit that has been birthed within us. Our own flesh nature is what grieves us. Our seal is the life of that self same Spirit that now has life born of God. It is true that our Spirit cries unto the Holy Spirit of God abba Father. It is the Holy Spirit that helps our Spirit in times of distress.
Are you serious?! It says, "Holy Spirit of God!" Can you not read?!

elected4ever

Whatever He decides. :think:

For me it has often been a sad feeling deep inside that I had done something wrong or said something wrong. The Holy Spirit lives within us if we are saved, so He is capable of getting our attention, and He has often done so for me when I have said or done something wrong. The Spirit of God is our Teacher and our Guide through all of life. God's discipline could take many forms.

Many times the consequences for sin are that the believer does not feel that closeness with God that he once did. Let me state very clearly (for false accusers like Elohiym) that this does NOT mean that He withdraws His Spirit from us. The Scriptures are clear that Christians are SEALED with the Holy Spirit. In the Greek it is clear that this cannot be broken! This feeling of closeness with the Lord has more to do with the Christian feeling guilty over his sin than the idea that God has gone anywhere. But we also can GRIEVE the Spirit of God by our actions, and that should cause ANY Christian in a love relationship with the God of the universe to want to "do right and risk the consequences" as Bob Enyart so well puts it.
What you fail to realise PK is that we are no longer of the flesh. but of the spirit. Our identity is in the spirit. We are the righteousness of God! We have been born of God and are no longer of the flesh. The flesh is dead to God and and our Spirit is life from God. We are not to follow after the dead works of the world but follow after life. There is a reason you are convicted in spirit. If the Spirit is not there you would have no knowledge of righteousness and no conviction .God corrects us and if we are without correction then we are bastards and not sons. We are in the world and not of the world. Our total identity is changed.

Last edited:

PKevman

What you fail to realise PK is that we are no longer of the flesh. but of the spirit. Our identity is in the spirit. We are the righteousness of God! We have been born of God and are no longer of the flesh. The flesh is dead to God and and our Spirit is life from God. We are not to follow after the dead works of the word but follow after life. There is a reason you are convicted in spirit. If the Spirit is not there you would have no knowledge of righteousness and no conviction .God corrects us and if we are without correction then we are bastards and not sons. We are in the world and not of the world. Our total identity is changed.

I don't disagree that we have a new identity and that we are changed. Praise the Lord for that! But answer me this: do you have a physical sinful body? Do you LIVE in that physical sinful body?

SaulToPaul 2

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You and I interpret that differently. I don't view it as his death saved me or paid for any of my sins. It was his life that saved me, and my flesh had to die for its sins, just as Paul said...

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

If Jesus dies for Paul's sin in the way you believe then Paul would not have died.

I was never under the Old Covenant. That covenant was abrogated on the cross...

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

Jesus died for the transgression under the first covenant...

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Keep ignoring the scriptures, and you will remain ignorant.

I don't deny the gospel. You are a false accuser! Repent from your wickedness or perish.

Yes, Jesus DID die for Paul's and our sins as I said. Jesus spent three days and three nights in hades, the abode of the dead. I will likely expire physically (if the Lord tarries), but I will never die (hades) for my sins.

God made his Son to be sin for us on the cross. He shed his blood and died. He went to hades for 3 days/3 nights. The blood/propitiation was applied to the Body of Christ. God was satisfied. God forgave our sin. God raised up Jesus for our Justification. It's that simple.

PKevman

Romans 8:18-25 has some very striking things to say:

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

This passage and others (see 1 Corinthians 15:42-49) speaks of the glorious day when we receive NEW bodies that are not sinful. That has not happened yet for any of us (or we wouldn't be typing on TOL)!

elected4ever

I don't disagree that we have a new identity and that we are changed. Praise the Lord for that! But answer me this: do you have a physical sinful body? Do you LIVE in that physical sinful body?
I live in a dead body born of the death of Adam. All sin has been condemned in it. Every vile deed known to mankind is it's habit. Now the good news,

Romans 8:10 ¶And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 ¶And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
You seemed to have missed the point of my post taking this quote out of context.
I was not speaking of any red blood cells or drinking them but of the passages that suggest the salvific function of the cross (which again is only one way to read the passage....)
I realize that you see the multiple meanings in the blood of the cross. My comments were meant to hit home to the other readers that it is the life in the blood that we are saved by, not the blood specifically.
As I often say, open box let God out, and let His Spirit light the Word within you.

jeremysdemo said:
Also I have read a few other of your post here and have to agree about the significance of resurrection and have to say IMHO it is for too often neglected within Christendom.
Bingo! They virtually ignore the resurrection, and certainly ignore the fact that they are saved by the life of Christ.
Well I don't see how people can draw that conclusion or do that, had He not resurrected there would be no Victory.
Living Water, Living Blood, LIFE.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elohiym

Well, at least you admit that much. elohiym says it's not wrong for anyone. And you disagree with him. Now, why would one who is saved think that homosexuality is not wrong, for anyone?
Don't speak for me. You are a liar who is obsessed with the flesh and specific behaviors. You falsly claim the name of Christ while you continue in behaviors that you believe are sin.

It is Knight that has claimed on this thread that an abortion doctor can be Christian while he actively performs abortions. Do you agree with Knight? If you do, then you are claiming I am not a Christian for something you falsly claim I believe, while a person who a murders child is a Christian in spite of their being a murderer. :kookoo:

Your heart is harder than your head.

Last edited:

elohiym

I never said smoking was a sin. You twist and you lie. I said God delivered me from being a chain smoker. Where you got "smoking is a sin" from that is beyond me.
The context of our discussion has been victory over sin. You claimed victory over smoking. Many Christians do, in fact, believe smoking is a sin. Therefore don't blame me for your poor communication skills. I didn't realize that you were claiming God gave you victory over non-sins.

Will you be telling us next about your great victory over eating donuts, or some other non-sins? :chuckle:
I will say that smoking is NOT something that a Christian (or any person) who CARES about their body should engage in. While all things are permissable, NOT all things are BENEFICIAL!
You claim that NOT all things are permissible, PK. For instance you claim being attracted to, and being aroused by, the opposite sex is a sin. That means YOU think puppy love is sin! :kookoo:

Scripture is filled with warnings about alcohol, and only a fool would ignore them! I didn't say drinking alcohol was a sin. The instruction in the Bible does NOT say do not drink, but rather not to be drunk! So geuss what? You LIED yet again. But then again you are a liar like Satan your father.
No. I did not lie. I just didn't realize that you were claiming victory over non-sins in a discussion about sin. I assumed you were more intelligent than you apparently are.

Were you a drunkard, PK? If so, are you claiming that being a drunkard is not a sin? Clarify your position on what gave you victory over, because you appear to be speaking out of both sides of your mouth.
It is a sin for a man to look upon a woman who IS NOT his wife with lust in his heart (arousal) because as Jesus taught he is committing adultery with her in his heart.

In Mat 5:28, the word translated to lust is epithumeo, which means covet. You are redefining the word lust to attraction and arousal, which is not correct. If it were, then when Jesus became hungry for bread, you would have to argue that he lusted the bread.

In your paradigm, "puppy love," which involves both attraction and arousal is a sin. That's crazy!
David was a man after God's own heart because of his attitude of repentance for his sin, and his love for the Lord. He paid dearly for his infidelity. You seem to think polygamy is ok. You are wicked to the core!
David did not commit adultery by having more than one wife. He committed adultery by taking another man's wife. You are lying about David, and you reject the scriptures I have showed you which prove beyond a doubt that polygamy is not a sin. It was provided for in the law, not forbidden by the law! :dunce:

And by calling me a wicked for believing polygamy is not a sin, when the Bible clearly shows it is not sin, only proves that YOU are the wicked one, and that you are implying that Abraham, Jacob, and David were twisted perverts. You should repent or perish.

Last edited:

elohiym

Yes, Jesus DID die for Paul's and our sins as I said.
Then why did Paul die as the result of sin, as he said?

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Keep ignoring the scriptures. It only proves my claim that you are blind to the truth.

jeremysdemo

Keep ignoring the scriptures. It only proves my claim that you are blind to the truth.
Well....since the truth is broader than the horizon and often extending beyond our imagination perhaps it is best to pray for those whom may be seeking understanding?

Have ye no faith that this person is honestly seeking the LORD?

For if so, it is not their blindness that needs to be proved one way or the other, but whether or not he truly is seeking the Lord.

If he is, then we must have faith in the Lord to guide him, and if not, then how do you think you could make him see?
Are you able to make those see who are not sincerely searching?

And if one is sincerely searching will not the Lord reveal to them truth?

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elohiym

Well....since the truth is broader than the horizon and often extending beyond our imagination perhaps it is best to pray for those whom may be seeking understanding?
Rather than pray the someone who hungers be fed, we should get off our rear-ends and feed them. I have provided him numerous scriptures already, but he appears to be ignoring them.

Have ye no faith that this person is honestly seeking the LORD?
I have faith in God's word that He has given some a strong delusion because they have not received the love of Christ, and that there are tares among the wheat and vessels for damnation.

He seems to be dishonestly bearing false witness against me on this thread, claiming I am not a Christian because I interpret something different than he does. By his own measure, not mine, he is not a Christian.

And if one is sincerely searching will not the Lord reveal to them truth?
Absolutely! But they may reject the truth anyway.