• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elected4ever

Believers can GRIEVE the Spirit of God by their behavior. (Ephesians 4:30)

Unbelievers spend eternity separated from God because of their sin.
If you look at the passage PK, it is not the Holy Spirit that is grieved but the righteous Spirit that has been birthed within us. Our own flesh nature is what grieves us. Our seal is the life of that self same Spirit that now has life born of God. It is true that our Spirit cries unto the Holy Spirit of God abba Father. It is the Holy Spirit that helps our Spirit in times of distress.

elohiym

God uses the foolish and weak things of this world to shame the wise. Elo, does God use satan to shame the wise?

1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Elohiym -

My question to you is, why are you here on TOL?

Are you here to learn more about Gods Word?

elyah

1Cor 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

And there is one more thought to entertain, .. that the foolish of this world may actually be proving the hearts of those confessing G-d's name and Mashiach, to see of what nature it is!

I tend to slide of into name-calling too readily but I would not use a doctrinal issues
to poke my peer in the ear or eye. Stupid stuff like politics and immoral justification in the name of Yshua, the lure me in to quick and I pounce. but issues of doctrine, where it is solely the responsibility of the Lord to illumine and correct, how do I presume to call elohiym or e4e, idiots? I think there is a difference, don't you, or am I being a BillyBob?:(

Billy, I sincerely hope you are well, you seem to have been quiet of late, keep your nose clean! We'll talk after Yom Kippur, (even if you don't want to).

elohiym

How do we know that Elohiym is a brother?

Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

He has told me that he doesn't believe that Jesus Christ died for his sins.
1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You and I interpret that differently. I don't view it as his death saved me or paid for any of my sins. It was his life that saved me, and my flesh had to die for its sins, just as Paul said...

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

If Jesus dies for Paul's sin in the way you believe then Paul would not have died.

He said that Jesus only died for the sins under the Old Covenant and he was never under the Old Covenant.
I was never under the Old Covenant. That covenant was abrogated on the cross...

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

Jesus died for the transgression under the first covenant...

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Keep ignoring the scriptures, and you will remain ignorant.
This is a direct denial of the gospel, 1 Cor 15:1-4 KJV, as far as I can tell.
I don't deny the gospel. You are a false accuser! Repent from your wickedness or perish.

elyah

Elohiym -

He is not here to learn but to disseminate and inseminate the minds of those lending and ear, even as we all are to whatever extent.

TOL is not the last stop on the railroad of Truth, though it may have a very good scenic route through Middleton-Christianity.

elohiym

Elohiym -

Why should I answer you, Pettrix? You think you have all the answers and have already written me off. Go back and address my responses to arguments point for point if you are sincere.

elohiym

He is not here to learn...
Don't speak for me. You have no right to do that.

If God teaches here, I learn here.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

elohiym

Notice Yeshua says this is my blood of the NEW testament.
Do you drink his literal blood? Is it his blood that saves you, or is it the life in the blood?

You should know, if you have been taught by God, that it is the life in his blood that saves us, and that is because the life in his blood is God's spirit. Therefore, we are saved by grace not red blood cells.

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You and I interpret that differently. I don't view it as his death saved me or paid for any of my sins. It was his life that saved me, and my flesh had to die for its sins, just as Paul said...

WHAT???

You, are NOT a believer, you are NOT saved. This is by-far, one of the most evil statements I have heard from a "so-called" Christian.

I agree 100% with Knight. YOU ARE AN IDIOT & A HERETICAL BLASPHEMER!

By the way, it shows you for who you are, you did NOT capitalize when referring to Jesus. You used "his" instead of the proper "His". Not a surprise, since you deny Christ's Deity and His power of salvation.

elyah

Call me whatever you like. I promise you, I will have the last laugh.

You poor misunderstood child. I'm not trying to hurt you. I don't think you are an idiot because you understand Scripture differently from me... if I call you an idiot it is only because of your attitude and here to I am 50% wrong (and you're wrong the other 85%) ha ha. :) You are not going to get the last laugh, G-d does not work that way. But lets both mutually agree that in all areas where we are in disagreement
doctrinally, G-d will see it fit to bring us into Scriptural accuracy and unity... Are you an Amen on that at least? Hope that happens before we are both dead!

Eliahu

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
Why should I answer you, Pettrix? You think you have all the answers and have already written me off. Go back and address my responses to arguments point for point if you are sincere.

I did, but you just will not listen to the truth and the facts. You are blind to the truth. First off, you are NOT saved, so trying to explain SPIRITUAL things to a CARNAL MIND will not and does not work.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So, we need to get to POINT 1 before we can proceed....

elohiym

elohiym, have you ever read the chapter? (1 Corinthians 5 and 6)
Yes.

Let's review.... elohiym is claiming that Paul is speaking to unbelievers when he wrote...
You are stuck on semantics, Knight. All that matters to me is conversion, which you have yet to define, although I have asked you to several times now.

Jesus states that unless one is converted, one is not saved (Mat 18:3). Even the devil believe. And Jesus said...

Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore, you must define belief, conversion, carnal, and spiritual instead of claiming that the Corinthians, who Paul called carnal and said weren't spiritual, were actually saved as you think.

You seem to think that everyone is that same stage of spiritual growth as the Corinthians. If you want to identify yourself with babes in Christ, a pejorative, that's your choice. It doesn't mean you are saved, converted, or even a believer based on my understanding of those words.

Will elohiym change and accept that he has been proven wrong? :think:
I haven't been proven wrong about anything I believe on this thread, but if I am, and I am convinced of something, I will have to believe what is true.