Is Calvinism Wrong?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Pate's RIGHT and you're WRONG.

I'm just stating facts .

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT
The English has no word in its language to translate pisteuo .
The translators used the words believe , believer , and believing , but the Strongs and Vines make it clear , pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe .

Rp and you it seems have built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation , another fact by your own lips .

So the people you think are wrong are the NT authors , the Writers of the Greek dictionarys , and the translators , I haven't given my own opinion on any of it yet . If you can't accept what the NT writers , the Greek dictionary writers and the translators wrote , how are you going to accept anything beyond that ?

glorydaz

I'm just stating facts .

Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT
The English has no word in its language to translate pisteuo .
The translators used the words believe , believer , and believing , but the Strongs and Vines make it clear , pisteuo means " NOT " just to believe .

Rp and you it seems have built your relationship with Christ on a mistranslation , another fact by your own lips .

So the people you think are wrong are the NT authors , the Writers of the Greek dictionarys , and the translators , I haven't given my own opinion on any of it yet . If you can't accept what the NT writers , the Greek dictionary writers and the translators wrote , how are you going to accept anything beyond that ?

The word believe has more than one meaning, as well. There is a strictly head knowledge, and there is a heart knowledge. To believe is to trust that something is true. The fact that you are always making such a big deal out of a fact that everyone knows is getting a bit old. Just move along, and discuss something everyone doesn't already know, and stop assuming someone's "relationship" with the Lord is not as good as yours. You are not one with some great understanding on this issue.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The word believe has more than one meaning, as well. There is a strictly head knowledge, and there is a heart knowledge. To believe is to trust that something is true. The fact that you are always making such a big deal out of a fact that everyone knows is getting a bit old. Just move along, and discuss something everyone doesn't already know, and stop assuming someone's "relationship" with the Lord is not as good as yours. You are not one with some great understanding on this issue.

How do you know , I've never given it . Understanding Faith and faithing affects the entire Salvation process . I purposely am not giving any facts except those from the NT authors , the Greek dictionarys authors , or the English language authors . Your disagreement is with them not me .

As for getting old , the day will come when your going to wish I tried harder .

glorydaz

How do you know , I've never given it . Understanding Faith and faithing affects the entire Salvation process . I purposely am not giving any facts except those from the NT authors , the Greek dictionarys authors , or the English language authors . Your disagreement is with them not me .

Wrong. When you first came, you went on quite a rant about your "special" understanding of faith.

As for getting old , the day will come when your going to wish I tried harder .

No, that day will not come, because that day already came when I heard and believed the Gospel.

What you're preaching is unnecessary dissension, because you think you hold some private great truth. You don't. You are not special in any way.

Move along...you're stuck in the mire of your own pride. Put it off.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Wrong. When you first came, you went on quite a rant about your "special" understanding of faith.

No, that day will not come, because that day already came when I heard and believed the Gospel.

What you're preaching is unnecessary dissension, because you think you hold some private great truth. You don't. You are not special in any way.

Move along...you're stuck in the mire of your own pride. Put it off.

You know where the. Ignore page is , use it , for you and your household . Your choice .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Oops...did I hit a nerve?

I agree with many of your posts, but you should know you're not serving the body with this line of posting. Indeed, my choice is to remind you of that.

So those many posts you agree with you don't say one word about , that we might build on it . But the one post you disagree with , that , you try to disgaurd me with ? That also was a choice .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Bible states in Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Faither best pay close attention to that verse of Scripture.

FYI , if you don't recognize what true NT Faith and faithing are , more than likely you haven't fulfilled it yet . ( Stuck at the beginning of the Salvation process only being called by the Father )

If you haven't and are not continually fulfilling pisteuo , the Spirit of Christ , Christ , and His word are not yours to speak of , much less chastise anyone with . Now , your choice .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Romans 10:17 states: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
I heard that Gospel (The gospel of the grace of God) over 50 years ago and I stand by it to this very day.

If you ever finish stomping your little feet , maybe a discussion can resume about more facts to concider . One of which is the word " hearing " in Rom. 10:17 is a courtroom hearing . And guess what , your not the judge .

glorydaz

If you ever finish stomping your little feet , maybe a discussion can resume about more facts to concider . One of which is the word " hearing " in Rom. 10:17 is a courtroom hearing . And guess what , your not the judge .

I reckon his feet are more substantial than yours. :chuckle:

No, Faither, the word "hearing" in Romans 10:17 is NOT referring to a courtroom hearing. A simple reading of the text will tell you that.

STRIKE ONE....
Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?​

STRIKE TWO....

and how shall they hear without a preacher?

STRIKE THREE....YOU'RE OUT.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.​

Heard, hear, hearing, heard....notice anything?