Interview a Member Thread

Dena

I guess I could answer some questions. Don't ask me to share any wisdom though, I haven't got any right now.

Quincy

Awesome to see your work here, James! You were really excited about it, and I'm glad to be able see it.

Dude, with my memory, this is a neccessity :chuckle: . I am excited about it though. I believe it will be well worth the time and effort, no doubt.

I hope you will spell out Quincy's name, TH.
Some may have as hard a time with initials and as I did when I first got here.

Also I would like to add to the requests an interview of Lon, of Barbarian, of Psalmist, of Serpent Dove, of Amiel... Perhaps also Wizard of Oz? Yes, please. And of course Some Other Dude and Knight!
And I would like to see one on Totten too please and Bybee.
Thank you.

Ps I thought I had put Chrys early in the front - could you interview Chrys please?

And would anyone like to see Ghost's?? C'mon - I know you do and so do I, lol!

And Nang!!!

What was I thinking to leave her off?

Stripe too please! Thought I had put him on the list too)

These are late coming to me but it is important to add as they come to mind, right?:
Please interview Rusha and Beloved and AnnaB. And Zoo. :plain:
And Vegas Cowboy of course :)
And Tomo
BabyChristian
And - can you imagine it? Me either: Freelight!

God bless you rainee, thanks for the pm and the sincere questions about what I shared in this thread. I'll give the people you've listed time to read this and post a request, then I'll message them and see what they think if they don't. Some on your list have already declined and I won't name them as I don't want anyone to try to convince them to do it. One or two in particular won't happen, at least an interview by me anyways. A couple people I won't name on your list believe I'm evil :chuckle: . So I won't even bother asking them, to be honest but in my defense I've never claimed to be a saint!

Don't forget Tye Porter! :sibbie:

:doh: I already have. Who is that?

I guess I could answer some questions. Don't ask me to share any wisdom though, I haven't got any right now.

Sure I'll change the ending for you.

Quincy

Just to catch people up on the thread, we have gotten several interviews back, enough to probably post weekly, which is great.

I also wanted to apologize to Granite for not changing part of the interview properly for him. That was totally a mistake on my part.

I'll have more interviews to send out shortly, so it's looking like the thread will have some life. Thanks to you all for taking part, it's you guys that make it work and make it great!

:e4e:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since we aren't part of the admin. and haven't any particular sanction, maybe TOL: The Interview Archive.
Good idea. And, as noted, needs at least a Gold Member that can open/close threads as needed. That is unless Knight wants to start a special forum for the idea and grant someone moderator status for that specific forum only. I know from experience that starting and administering new forum topical area is always an admin headache, so we should not hope for this too much. ;)

AMR

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's cool to have the added thread for the interviews only.

But the originator might need to bump it at times so it doesn't fall off the page.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

But the originator might need to bump it at times so it doesn't fall off the page.

I expect there will be an interview every day or so, which should accomplish that.

I've also stolen and created ten additional questions as additional material for each interviewee and think that could expand over time, so there will not infrequently be a reason to go back to prior interviews.

Quincy

That is a good ideal, I may send him some interviews here shortly so he can get the thread bumped :think: . I don't want to post them all at once though, since some people may be on the fence about doing it. If the thread just flies by then they'll pass on it and when new people join, it would be good if it popped up once in awhile so they can learn about the regular members.

Quincy

I expect there will be an interview every day or so, which should accomplish that.

I've also stolen and created ten additional questions as additional material for each interviewee and think that could expand over time, so there will not infrequently be a reason to go back to prior interviews.

Yep, I'm getting ready to send your list to some people who have already done the basic interview. It's a good list and will add to things a lot :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is a good ideal, I may send him some interviews here shortly so he can get the thread bumped :think: . I don't want to post them all at once though, since some people may be on the fence about doing it. If the thread just flies by then they'll pass on it and when new people join, it would be good if it popped up once in awhile so they can learn about the regular members.
Good idea.
Spacing them out instead of posting all at once will keep the thread alive, and something to look forward to.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep, I'm getting ready to send your list to some people who have already done the basic interview. It's a good list and will add to things a lot :)
:thumb: I "borrowed" the first four from Inside the Actor's Studio, to give credit where...the rest seem of the same sort of sideways approach to more of a character insight.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Neat.

Sounds like ya'll got it under control.
It should be interesting.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A side note: from here on out the interview discussions and volunteering will still be here, but the interviews will appear only in the locked archive, where as I noted both the first blush and subsequent additions will be published.

That way we can all muck about and discuss improvements, additions, etc. here and find the finished product there, cutting out the tedious business of searching through general remarks to get to them.

:e4e: