If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiat Tenebris

:idunno: It was in a thread near one of bybee's posts, I think. I know I didn't originate it and that whoever did wasn't an old hand here. I didn't think about it again until I saw this thread and I didn't want to claim it as starting with me, but I couldn't credit them.

Was it you?

Yes. When you hit plus status you'll be able to use a few features you can't now and you'll see who leaves you a pos or neg rep. The old standard was 50 posts and two weeks, but I think it might have been changed to make it easier.

What a load of teasing.

Yes, it was I.

fzappa13

Try reading the sanctimonious post before mine.

Oh, I did. Psalmist is our appointed arbiter of the verbally appropriate (I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure there was a vote or something) and holds a place near and dear in the hearts of most here.

Sanctimonious is not the first word that comes to mind when I think of him.

genuineoriginal

You are probably the first person to say Psalmist is sanctimonious.
Psalmist has demonstrated the finest qualities of a Christian in all his posts on this site.

On the other hand, your posts sound like the sanctimonious babble of the Pharisees.

You could learn a few things from him, as could the rest of us here.

bybee

You are probably the first person to say Psalmist is sanctimonious.
Psalmist has demonstrated the finest qualities of a Christian in all his posts on this site.

On the other hand, your posts sound like the sanctimonious babble of the Pharisees.

You could learn a few things from him, as could the rest of us here.

Agreed!

IMJerusha

Oh, I did. Psalmist is our appointed arbiter of the verbally appropriate (I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure there was a vote or something) and holds a place near and dear in the hearts of most here.

Sanctimonious is not the first word that comes to mind when I think of him.

Pray tell, what word comes first to your mind?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
New idea: there shall be no sanctimonious posts before Truster's. :plain:

Additional idea, I'd make anyone attempting to use a reference to the Holy in their username petition the administration on the point and have that username subject to revision. So more like a license then. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Profanity, like violence, is not always a chosen option.

Of course it is ... the person choosing to strike is responsible for making the choice to strike. The person who resorts to profanity is responsible for resorting to profanity.

You do understand that there are many other words available that can be utilized, right?

bybee

Of course it is ... the person choosing to strike is responsible for making the choice to strike. The person who resorts to profanity is responsible for resorting to profanity.

You do understand that there are many other words available that can be utilized, right?

So true! The English language is absolutely breathtaking in it's scope!

Truster

If you continually push a man into a corner and hound him he may react in an unpleasant way. The person doing the pushing is guilty of a horrible sin.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you continually push a man into a corner and hound him he may react in an unpleasant way. The person doing the pushing is guilty of a horrible sin.

A man? What about a woman? Men, by your standard should never *hound* a woman, correct?

Also, what are they being *hounded* about? Drinking? Staying out all hours with their friends? Not doing their part in contributing to the family and household?

IMJerusha

Yeshua was clear that it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean but rather what comes out and that includes speech.
"Horrible sin"? Very one sided and not Scriptural.

Status
Not open for further replies.