If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

There is an edit feature. In fact, it removed all spot and blemish.

Not so folks can continue in sin. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." John 15:5-6
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love." John 15:9-10

Krsto

What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:

Cut out some of the advertising. It makes the page jump around while loading.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:
Anyone banned for implied profanity or outright profanity would banned permanently.

Last edited:

Truster

Anyone hounding and driving another poster into a corner and causing them to utter profanity should be banned permanently.

Truster

Nonononono!
Uttering profanity is a choice.
Either one behaves as a gentleman/lady or not.

The French knew about these things and even had a name for it, crime de passion.For a mature man who is well on the narrow way it becomes easier to resist, but for babes it can be difficult. Hounding them and driving them into corners is neither right nor true. Prior to my conversion 2 out of 3 words were expletives. On the day of my conversion not a single expletive came to mind nor mouth.

bybee

The French knew about these things and even had a name for it, crime de passion.For a mature man who is well on the narrow way it becomes easier to resist, but for babes it can be difficult. Hounding them and driving them into corners is neither right nor true. Prior to my conversion 2 out of 3 words were expletives. On the day of my conversion not a single expletive came to mind nor mouth.

I agree that hounding another poster is reprehensible. One may speak one's piece and if it is received, so be it. If not, best to try another tack or move on.

Fiat Tenebris

If you set your subscriptions to posts your make in threads properly you will get these notifications or see them in your user control panel page. You can also categorize all threads you have subscribed to in your control panel by subjects of your choosing for better organization. I have a couple of dozen, e.g., "Theology Proper", "Debate Threads", "TOL Advocacy", "Calvinism", "Open Theism", "Daily Active Threads", etc., so I can quickly find something when needed.

For posts in threads wherein you have not subscribed, the alternative is to search for your username using the Advanced Search options.

AMR

Very good, although it isn't quite the same is it?

A salad bar wouldn't hurt... :chew:

One of the newbies inadvertently suggested a Hall of Shame. :) Maybe add a list of users with the most infractions/bannings.

Uh huh. Which "newbie" was that?

- - - - - - - - -

On a side note, I can't see who has given me rep - I can only see a message and the post I received it from. Will that change at some point to show me who sent it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Uh huh. Which "newbie" was that?
:idunno: It was in a thread near one of bybee's posts, I think. I know I didn't originate it and that whoever did wasn't an old hand here. I didn't think about it again until I saw this thread and I didn't want to claim it as starting with me, but I couldn't credit them.

Was it you?

On a side note, I can't see who has given me rep - I can only see a message and the post I received it from. Will that change at some point to show me who sent it?
Yes. When you hit plus status you'll be able to use a few features you can't now and you'll see who leaves you a pos or neg rep. The old standard was 50 posts and two weeks, but I think it might have been changed to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.