I will not vote for trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
we don't want hillary in the white house but she is not as dangerous as trump
-many republicans will secretly vote for her because they want trump to loose by a lot
-I will not be one of them
-I will vote for all the republicans on the ballot
-trump is not one of them

You could vote for her with a clean conscience under the principle of double effect. This was explained to me by a priest whom I trust, and he made perfect sense.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A vote for Clinton is a vote for Secular Humanism that supports the killing of unborn babies.

I would have agreed with you once upon a time, until the GOP held both the White House and Congress and did nothing with that opportunity. Now, I don't think it matters at all anymore, I realized the GOP was only giving lip service in exchange for votes. Now I'll vote for the lesser evil, because I don't think anything will change one way or the other regarding abortion if Hillary is in the White House. I don't like her, she's been involved in a lot of underhanded politics - but I think Trump will be worse. He's a loose cannon, and I'm going with what I know.

BTW I voted for Bernie in the primary.

radind

I would have agreed with you once upon a time, until the GOP held both the White House and Congress and did nothing with that opportunity. Now, I don't think it matters at all anymore, I realized the GOP was only giving lip service in exchange for votes. Now I'll vote for the lesser evil, because I don't think anything will change one way or the other regarding abortion if Hillary is in the White House. I don't like her, she's been involved in a lot of underhanded politics - but I think Trump will be worse. He's a loose cannon, and I'm going with what I know.

BTW I voted for Bernie in the primary.

I voted for Carson. Now it is down to who is the least worst. I see the Secular Humanists continuing to attack Christian values and I see Trump as neutral on religion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I voted for Carson. Now it is down to who is the least worst. I see the Secular Humanists continuing to attack Christian values and I see Trump as neutral on religion.

Back in 2008 when I was still a Republican, I voted for Duncan Hunter for President in the primary. I knew he wouldn't win, he'd already been thrown under the bus by not only the GOP establishment but the entire conservative media. You might say that was when I started realizing I'd been conned. Anyway. He was my conscience vote at the time.

Now his son holds his congressional seat, and when he endorsed Trump early on, my response was to not vote for Hunter Jr. I knew I wouldn't make a difference this time either - Jr. holds a legacy seat and he's not likely to be going anywhere - but eight years later, it was my conscience (non)vote.

Yes, it is down to the least worst. And I think the least worst is Hillary.

radind

Back in 2008 when I was still a Republican, I voted for Duncan Hunter in the primary. I knew he wouldn't win, he'd already been thrown under the bus by not only the GOP establishment but the entire conservative media. You might say that was when I started realizing I'd been conned. Anyway. He was my conscience vote at the time.

Now his son holds his congressional seat, and when he endorsed Trump early on, my response was to not vote for Hunter Jr. I knew I wouldn't make a difference this time either - Jr. holds a legacy seat and he's not likely to be going anywhere - but eight years later, it was my conscience (non)vote.

Yes, it is down to the least worst. And I think the least worst is Hillary.

I am fed up with both major parties. We clearly see the two candidates differently and I won't continue after this. My concern is that with Clinton, there will be increasing attacks on Christian values and most in the US will be OK with this. I do expect Clinton to win unless the FBI finds evidence of Top Secret, Special Access Program emails.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am fed up with both major parties. We clearly see the two candidates differently and I won't continue after this. My concern is that with Clinton, there will be increasing attacks on Christian values and most in the US will be OK with this. I do expect Clinton to win unless the FBI finds evidence of Top Secret, Special Access Program emails.

Fair enough, I appreciate the exchange of views. As a last thought, please remember that a good portion of our country isn't Christian, and they deserve the same rights and protections under the law as Christians. We all share the same constitution.

radind

Fair enough, I appreciate the exchange of views. As a last thought, please remember that a good portion of our country isn't Christian, and they deserve the same rights and protections under the law as Christians. We all share the same constitution.

I agree and think that the majority in this country are not Christian.In my view,the barna polls that show only ~10% in the US with a Biblical worldview are about right.

radind

Many of whom, on both sides, maintain a veneer of religion -- Catholic, protestant, Jewish, Mormon, even Muslim. But they're all Uniparty.

The insider power brokers( Bush, Clinton, etc.) do band together to maintain their power base. 'Uniparty' is a new term to me, but it fits.