ECT I see a distinction between initial salvation and the New Birth.

Word based mystic

this is my favorite verse in relation to growing in our spirit so that we may be capable.

Ephesians 3:14-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom [a]every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

first the prayer,
then the inner man/spirit be strengthened/stretched with (power)

we are trusted by Him for more as we are (being rooted and grounded in love)

so that you may (comprehend)/experience the full parameters of and (know)
the love of Christ {which surpasses knowledge}
comprehend is also described as experience (not a mental understanding)

all of the above maturing in love and experiencing His love allows us to be
(filled with ALL the Fullness of God).

that is what God desires and even implies is His hope for all of us.

This is the experience I discipline myself for and train myself with His power to capture every thought and put into submission of Christ.
Self control is fruit of Spirit to discipline our thoughts for the passion to have our eyes on Christ.

oatmeal

To address your OP, there is no distinction between the new birth and salvation.

They are two different ways of describing the same event.

The gift of salvation is the same gift as eternal life

Word based mystic

huh

huh

this is not christian singles . net...

and we seen your kind before,,, if you cant type dialog and communicate with ppl without involving offerings of plane tickets,,then go back to yahoo chat.. adults are talking here.

huh. You seem to misinterpret something here. what are you implying.

you support mad max by your silence, hiding behind an unseen persona and freely calling people fools and perverts.

but when someone is willing to talk face to face for clarification that person is a child.

wow. keep on supporting the trash talking. I dont think you understand the scripture that says if you have an offense or ought go to that brother.

I offer that and you criticize me for such offer.

I think you are lining up with mad max's character.

are you mad max with a different name?

christian singles was a funny comment. Please.

Cross Reference

this is my favorite verse in relation to growing in our spirit so that we may be capable.

Ephesians 3:14-19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom [a]every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

first the prayer,
then the inner man/spirit be strengthened/stretched with (power)

we are trusted by Him for more as we are (being rooted and grounded in love)

so that you may (comprehend)/experience the full parameters of and (know)
the love of Christ {which surpasses knowledge}
comprehend is also described as experience (not a mental understanding)

all of the above maturing in love and experiencing His love allows us to be
(filled with ALL the Fullness of God).

that is what God desires and even implies is His hope for all of us.

This is the experience I discipline myself for and train myself with His power to capture every thought and put into submission of Christ.
Self control is fruit of Spirit to discipline our thoughts for the passion to have our eyes on Christ.

All good for profit. Thank you.

JosephR

huh. You seem to misinterpret something here. what are you implying.

you support mad max by your silence, hiding behind an unseen persona and freely calling people fools and perverts.

but when someone is willing to talk face to face for clarification that person is a child.

wow. keep on supporting the trash talking. I dont think you understand the scripture that says if you have an offense or ought go to that brother.

I offer that and you criticize me for such offer.

I think you are lining up with mad max's character.

are you mad max with a different name?

your an internet ego tough guy..thats all..

i dont know anything about max,,,, see my post b4 for my feelings on the subject...

JosephR

Ignorant? About what? You? Can't be because you have revealed too much about yourself for anyone to get it wrong.

ignorant,, YES... not being privy to all information on said subject,, yes you sir are ignorant or worse, in collusion, so which one is it?

hint,your right,its not about me,,,, wow..

Word based mystic

sigh

sigh

your an internet ego tough guy..thats all..

i dont know anything about max,,,, see my post b4 for my feelings on the subject...

I guess I wont offer to talk personally anymore.

Although I don't see the problem with it. I do it quite often with many different fellowship members and pastors. chic- fil- a, and starbucks are great places to have coffee. I will have to tell some of my 50+ year old friends that I am now an (internet tough guy).

name calling is a little pre-school dont you think?
right along the with mad max.

oatmeal

No such thing as "rewards" in the Bible, and no such thing as "final salvation". Are you from the word of faith cult?

Here's three of over 100 places reward or a similar word is used:

Hebrews 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

JosephR

I guess I wont offer to talk personally anymore.

Although I don't see the problem with it. I do it quite often with many different fellowship members and pastors. chic- fil- a, and starbucks are great places to have coffee. I will have to tell some of my 50+ year old friends that I am now an (internet tough guy).

name calling is a little pre-school dont you think?
right along the with mad max.

fact is, you offer any more members plane tickets to discuss theology with you, ima be your huckleberry son.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Here's three of over 100 places reward or a similar word is used:

Hebrews 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

I never said there is no "reward" (singular), but there are no "rewards" (plural). Go back and read my previous posts.

oatmeal

The distinction is in the angle you look at it.

We are saved by God's grace.

We are born again by God's grace.

the new birth, like salvation gives us a new beginning to restart our lives.

Now we can learn to live for God instead of the junk and distractions of this world

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
The distinction is in the angle you look at it.

We are saved by God's grace.

We are born again by God's grace.

the new birth, like salvation gives us a new beginning to restart our lives.

Now we can learn to live for God instead of the junk and distractions of this world

Salvation is not a new start. It is a new life in Christ. Believers are a new creation. The old man has been destroyed. He no longer exists.

We do not learn to live for God. We died, and He is now our life.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Gal 2:20

Word based mystic

huckleberry

huckleberry

fact is, you offer any more members plane tickets to discuss theology with you, ima be your huckleberry son.

nice. val kilmer could not have done it any better.

However you are almost young enough to be my (son).

Unless i looked at your DOB incorrectly

I just hope a moderator comes in to rescue me as in:

“No, you don’t,” cried Mayor Thomas, springing between them. “You’ll fight no handkerchief duel here. There’s been enough killing in Tombstone/TOL, and it’s got to stop.”

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation is not a new start. It is a new life in Christ. Believers are a new creation. The old man has been destroyed. He no longer exists.

We do not learn to live for God. We died, and He is now our life.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Gal 2:20

Such was the case for Paul, but he had to go through much to arrive at that point.

It is not a free gift to everyone else as most pretenders claim.

LA

Cross Reference

ignorant,, YES... not being privy to all information on said subject,, yes you sir are ignorant or worse, in collusion, so which one is it?

hint,your right,its not about me,,,, wow..
Neither are you, so what sets us apart is your inability to recognize the matter of your presumptive conclusions that speak volumes about your reasoning powers.