ECT I see a distinction between initial salvation and the New Birth.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

1 Corinthians 2:9

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—

Revelation 21:4

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

2 Timothy 2:11-12

The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;

Helpful Not Helpful
1 Corinthians 3:8

He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.

Revelation 20:6

Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

John 14:2

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

Matthew 6:4

So that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Still no "rewards". You are just setting yourself up to look silly.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:12

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
There is only the "reward" (singular), not "rewards" (plural).

The "reward" is eternal life, which is naturally given as a gift to those who are in Christ.

If Jesus is not enough for you, enough does not exist.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 16:27

For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.
Jesus is speaking to His disciples about what they do concerning Him. Peter had just rebuked Jesus for saying that He was going to be killed and raised on the third day. Jesus rebukes Peter for being concerned about his own affairs and not those of God. Jesus tells them that they also must be will to abandon their own lives for Him. Those who are not willing receiving nothing from God. Those who do have THE reward. Jesus then gives them a word of encouragement about His coming before they would see that death.

Again, there is only a reward for having believed in Jesus (eternal life), not "rewards".

Cross Reference

To know (ginōskō) God is to be joined to Him (1 Cor 6:17)

Salvation is the new creation. It is to have received His life by the Spirit that dwells in us. John 6:63

Most Christians do not know or understand this.

Understood, but lets further understand that by the new birth can one only then 'witness' the Spirit in His words. cf vs 66. I believe Jesus was trying to prepare them for what was soon to come that would enable them by His "indwelling" Spirit.

While discussing this may we keep in mind that we are that which is purposed of God for His Habitation __ and He, ours. If we grasp it I believe we will begin to understand a richer lesson for us to learn contained in His salvation:

I rather believe "Redemption", with its new covenant, is what the new creation is built upon and to understand that to build upon it requires one to be born-again.

We know that for entering the kingdom of God one is required to receive the new birth from above (Jn 3:3,5 KJV). One loving his natural worldly life and merely 'professing' Christ is greatly short on substance and cannot begin to enter in. He might see but not be willing to pay the price of admission, i.e., (1 John 2:15 KJV).

However, to begin to build on the foundation of redemption he was placed upon, upon his 'profession' of faith, in a "sure" way requires no less the same new birth from above. ". . . "This man .[therefore] . . . . was not able to finish." Luke 14:28-30 (KJV).[Enter Vanity] He may have been poorly advised that seminary credentials and letters behind his name, would take care of the situation. What's more I believe he knows it but nevertheless is willing to on in semblance and false substance, persuaded by the fellowship of others of like dispositions__ denominational persuasion, maybe?] I think Paul understood this which prohibited him from attempting to preach to the choir of another who may have taken to himself a different understanding that would have placed Paul a position of rectifying it. This he knew, by vurture of the short time frame alloted him, wasn't his mission.

Cross Reference

from my general studies I understand the difference as.

Being born again allows us to see and enter the Kingdom of God.
Being born again also places a deposit/stamp for resurrection.

Salvation in its fullness brings a time and experience of total elimination of the sinful state in our body. Resurrection being the complete elimination of the struggle of sin in our body. It also signifies the overcoming/victory aspect and timing

How can there be a final overcoming when all along the individual had never been impressed to believe his overcoming was even required?

Word based mystic

matt 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

matt 12:4-5
matt 25:21
matt 6:27
rev 22:12

all refer to rewards or a reward for what they have done in faith.

2 Corinthians 5:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

The crown of life: James 1:12. For those believers who endure trials, tribulations, and severe suffering, even unto death Rev. 2:8-11. This crown is also referred to as the martyr's crown.

other crowns are described differently. Crown of glory, crown of life, righteousness.

sorry you feel the need to call people fools you have never met, and even those who profess brotherhood in Christ.

Matthew 5:22 is the only passage in the Bible where the term raca is used. Raca comes from the Aramaic term reqa. It was a derogatory expression meaning “empty-headed,” insinuating a person’s stupidity or inferiority. It was an offensive name used to show utter contempt for another person. Jesus warned that the use of such a word to describe someone was tantamount to murder and deserving of the severest punishment of the law.

I see you are just recently here on this site.

you put yourself in the place of Jesus and paul by emulating them as they called others fools. Interesting.

You ignore obvious scriptures that people are given rewards or give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.

I think you are here on this site to provoke and humiliate. Hopefully I am wrong.

Cross Reference

No such thing as "rewards" in the Bible, and no such thing as "final salvation". Are you from the word of faith cult?

Is this not understanding you can embrace? John 17:3 KJV?

What would such a privilege with regards to "rewards" or "final salvation" mean to anyone with the disposition to go after it? Isn't that what God is attempting to get to understand and to embrace?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
mystic - It is pointless to converse with you, when you erratically regurgitate what you read in commentaries instead of what the Bible teaches.

Deal with the post I shared concerning the verse in James, and how you erred, and then we can move on.

Cross Reference

To (know) God is in the same fashion as oneness of a marriage. Intimate/passionate/desperate desire to love and experience oneness in every facet.
This knowing is possible when man becomes born again. His new birthed spirit can commune in that fashion. spirit to Spirit. Becoming one in such a way that His desires is ours and His will is ours. He is our inheritance.
This kind of experience is why my name here is called (word based mystic).

A home run!

andyc

There is no such thing as initial salvation. Saved is saved. Salvation is moving from death to life. The resurrection is in fact a different event, that is true.

Being born again is not talking about the resurrection. It's having your spirit quickened to God. Becoming a child of God through the new birth.

Word based mystic

How can there be a final overcoming when all along the individual had never been impressed to believe his overcoming was even required?

overcoming sin is enabled by the enabling of The Holy Spirit and His work. We hear and obey and grow in spiritual fruits as we (yield).

We grow in grace and knowledge and overcoming. He is growing us in spiritual fruits of love, joy, peace and Power in the Spirit.

Faith, Hope and love these remain. relating to our actions/overcoming. It is the Gold and silver that remains after the fire. And sowing and reaping shows the 10 and 100 fold return in eternity of our sowing. mustard seed principle.

the Rewards I speak of mainly is fruits of the spirit. Both now and in eternity. Mad max has a point that A reward and the main reward is eternal life.

but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

sorry cross reference I am jumping around a bit.
35 years as a christian and I have never been called a fool by a brother. sigh. so am a bit distracted and sad for mad max if this is his main method of showing Gods love to those he does not know or have not met.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
matt 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

matt 12:4-5
matt 25:21
matt 6:27
rev 22:12

all refer to rewards or a reward for what they have done in faith.

2 Corinthians 5:10

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

The crown of life: James 1:12. For those believers who endure trials, tribulations, and severe suffering, even unto death Rev. 2:8-11. This crown is also referred to as the martyr's crown.

other crowns are described differently. Crown of glory, crown of life, righteousness.

sorry you feel the need to call people fools you have never met, and even those who profess brotherhood in Christ.

Matthew 5:22 is the only passage in the Bible where the term raca is used. Raca comes from the Aramaic term reqa. It was a derogatory expression meaning “empty-headed,” insinuating a person’s stupidity or inferiority. It was an offensive name used to show utter contempt for another person. Jesus warned that the use of such a word to describe someone was tantamount to murder and deserving of the severest punishment of the law.

I see you are just recently here on this site.

you put yourself in the place of Jesus and paul by emulating them as they called others fools. Interesting.

You ignore obvious scriptures that people are given rewards or give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.

I think you are here on this site to provoke and humiliate. Hopefully I am wrong.

MADmax has been on TOL for years, posting under innumerable names, but is easily identifiable by his cursings of others who do not hold to his Mid-Act Dispensational views.

He thinks he does good by trashing others . . .unfortunately, he has been encouraged to use "smack down" tactics to silence testimonies of praise to Sovereign God and His saving grace.

Try not to let him intimidate you, and continue in your biblical witness despite whatever he might choose to throw at you.