ECT I see a distinction between initial salvation and the New Birth.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
You need Christ in a BIG way.
I fully proved you wrong and that's all you got? Fact is, you hate Jesus, and that is why He is not enough. You want "rewards" and "mansions" and money and health blah blah blah.

You will get nothing, because your heart is full of greed and coveting, and have rejected Christ.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
:down:

I have NEVER denied Jesus died for the sins of His people.
Liar. You believe in a limited atonement, thus you reject the gospel, and reject Christ's shed blood.
You are the one who persistently says no one is saved by His death, but only by His resurrected life.
Me and the apostle Paul. Rom 5:10

Cross Reference

Being born again is not talking about the resurrection. It's having your spirit quickened to God. Becoming a child of God through the new birth.

Trying seeing our spirit, God gave us when we took our first breath, as being separate from His. The "indwelling" presence of the Life of Christ Jesus per John 20:22 KJV, is the "handshake"between the Holy Spirit and ours that provides for us an Advocate with the Father for purpose of advancing our natural life in Him. I see no violation of anything with that understanding. Hope you don't either.

oatmeal

In the one, we choose. In the another Jesus Chooses.

To whom is "counting the cost", addressed?

What say you without any accusations thrown in, OK? We don't know it all. Therefore, lets see if we can't participate with the intent of improving our relationship with God that we might makes some strides in His direction, regardless of our religious persuasions, by letting the scriptures say what they say.

Do you have any scriptures to show why you might conclude that?

Levolor

Evil is contagious and loves nothing more than bringing those with the light down to their level. This particular light of the saints is delicious.

Word based mystic

i dont believe anyone here said they want MORE than Christ.

just the opposite. Christ is our salvation, our peace, righteousness,

He tell us to (earnestly) pursue/seek/desire spiritual gifts. Which are of course IN HIM.

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. IN HIM

However you contradict scripture if you imply that we cannot righteously desire things. Here is the context.

John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask (what you desire), and it shall be done for you.

I desire food, housing, career, etc. God put this material world here as a gift to be used by man. All the things he gave us are here as a love gift.

Matthew 11:24 Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. 24"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you

I desire a loving relationship with my wife and daughters.
that is encompassed within righteous desires.
I desire to bless others with things to meet needs when necessary.

I desire lots of things that are righteous and holy. and ALL those things are encompassed within the arena of what Christ created us to experience.

coveting is different than desire. you make the two as one.
I desire to experience all of the heavenly realities and experiences that He has prepared for us.

A thankful heart and acknowledging where these good things come from and experiencing them fully is NOT coveting them.

JosephR

coffee?
I live in atlanta.
a good hub for airport flights

you can meet me and correct my bad doctrine.
by the way was the rewards the bad doctrine you called me a fool for.

Fruits is the evidence of being born again. Love, peace, Joy, righteousness and the like. Not perfection in what you perceive to be perfect doctrine.

please be (swift and direct) meet me here and you can correct me. I will even add $100 towards your flight.
Do like paul did. Face to face. man up. young pup. Or were you not serious.

be sure to list the heretical doctrines that you want to discuss before you come.

I will clear my schedule.

coffee is on me as well.

grow up...

Cross Reference

By submitting, abandoning our lives, unto Him, are we given the assurance of His abiding. How we know that is by the witness of His Spirit to ours that will reveal the condition of the "singleness of eye" upon Him taught us to possess.

Thanks W.

Word based mystic

communicatin

communicatin

grow up...

yup. I desire to better see and understand others viewpoints and doctrines.

But sometimes I probably misunderstand people. 70% of communication is non-verbal.

so this form is probably one of the least effective for full communication.

I am always serious about meeting people for coffee. and will even spot the travel costs if I thought they were truly serious about relational communication.
If I am wrong in some areas I need to know. and am correctable.

growing up is what we are all trying to do. In Christ, and with the body of Christ.

I really like meeting new people.

This format is a bit taxing however.

JosephR

yup. I desire to better see and understand others viewpoints and doctrines.

But sometimes I probably misunderstand people. 70% of communication is non-verbal.

so this form is probably one of the least effective for full communication.

I am always serious about meeting people for coffee. and will even spot the travel costs if I thought they were truly serious about relational communication.
If I am wrong in some areas I need to know. and am correctable.

growing up is what we are all trying to do. In Christ, and with the body of Christ.

I really like meeting new people.

This format is a bit taxing however.

this is not christian singles . net...

and we seen your kind before,,, if you cant type dialog and communicate with ppl without involving offerings of plane tickets,,then go back to yahoo chat.. adults are talking here.

Cross Reference

Lets do an amplification of the OP to maybe better understand that by the new birth can one only attain unto the Mind of God:

While discussing this may we keep in our mind that we are that which is purposed of God for His Habitation __ and He, ours. "I am my beloved and He is mine" by the new birth. If we grasp it I believe we will begin to understand a richer lesson for us to learn contained in His salvation, i.e., His ultimate intention of intimacy with His creation with Jesus Christ as the center piece:

I previously posted:

"I rather believe "Redemption", with its new covenant, is what the new creation is built upon and to understand that to build upon it requires one to be born-again.

We know that for entering the kingdom of God one is required to receive the new birth from above (Jn 3:3,5 KJV). One loving his natural worldly life and merely 'professing' Christ is greatly short on substance and cannot begin to enter in. He might see but not be willing to pay the price of admission, i.e., (1 John 2:15 KJV).

However, to begin to build on the foundation of redemption he was placed upon, upon his 'profession' of faith, in a "sure" way requires no less the same new birth from above. ". . . "This man .[therefore] . . . . was not able to finish." Luke 14:28-30 (KJV).[Enter Vanity] He may have been poorly advised that seminary credentials and letters behind his name, would take care of the situation. What's more I believe he knows it but nevertheless is willing to on in semblance and false substance, persuaded by the fellowship of others of like dispositions__ denominational persuasion, maybe?] I think Paul understood this which prohibited him from attempting to preach to the choir of another who may have taken to himself a different understanding that would have placed Paul a position of rectifying it. This he knew, by vurture of the short time frame alloted him, wasn't his mission."

What say you?

Cross Reference

this is not christian singles . net...

and we seen your kind before,,, if you cant type dialog and communicate with ppl without involving offerings of plane tickets,,then go back to yahoo chat.. adults are talking here.

Why this "thrawn" attitude from you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No such thing as "rewards" in the Bible, and no such thing as "final salvation".

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)​