I have not read "50 Shades of Gray"...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Okay...I need to start reading the HP series. Mostly because bybee said it was worthwhile. Can't trust the literary opinion of someone who may have read the Twilight series.

:mock:kmo
Look at what you've done, anna! :IA:

:noid:

But you should check them out. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I read it a few years ago. I liked it. How far into the series are you? What do you think so far?
I'm a couple chapters in book 2. I've enjoyed it so far. More than I thought I was going to. I've heard some things on what statements Collins was attempting to make and I'm trying to figure out if I see the same thing. I think it will become more clear as I get farther in this book.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same here--I am an early bird. ;)

Breathe

Not sure what you consider classic sci fi, but I just finished Ender's Game. I loved it. Great story and well told.

I cannot wait for the movie!
(And yes, it is old enough, and the author is established enough, to be classic sci-fi.)

Have you read the rest of the series? They are good, but not as good as Ender's Game.

Jukia

(And yes, it is old enough, and the author is established enough, to be classic sci-fi.)

Have you read the rest of the series? They are good, but not as good as Ender's Game.

You are correct in that the quality of the rest of the series dropped off.

bybee

You are correct in that the quality of the rest of the series dropped off.

I'm going to visit the book store after church today to purchase "Ender's Game.
I love book stores and the library. The smell of books is intoxicating to me.

Son of Jack

I am hoping the movie is good. It is a good story and should translate into a good movie, but you just never know.

As far as the rest goes, I didn't know about the rest of the series, which tells me that you are right in you assessment of the quality of the rest of the series.

Posted from the TOL App!

Jukia

There used to be a bookstore on the edge of downtown Falmouth MA that was old and wonderful, floors were old wooden and creaky. Closed 15 + years ago.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned

I wanted to read that book but I struggle to read works written by complete morons.

bybee

I wanted to read that book but I struggle to read works written by complete morons.

I just bought the book. It has been recommended to me by several people none of whom qualify as morons.
I may let you know what I think of the book when I have finished it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And he still managed to start one of the top 20 religions in America. :plain:

Scientology is an interesting case study on what people will believe. :plain:

I don't think I could even name 20 religions in America. :liberals: