I have not read "50 Shades of Gray"...

Selaphiel

Considering the ridiculous amounts of good literature out there, one wonders why people would waste their time on such drivel.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
and I'm not going to!
Apparently sexual wallowing has become an accepted norm in our society?
I'm expecting the next tasteless breakout might include how to give oneself an enema...or how to give someone else an enema?
I don't want to be exposed to what others are doing in their bedrooms or their bathrooms! :jawdrop:

Are you more of a Twilight woman? :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I haven't read this book, and I did not read the Harry Potter series, either.

Too many theologians to read and not enough time . . .

Surely you aren't comparing Harry Potter to 50 Shades? :AMR:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Are you more of a Twilight woman? :eek:

You sure you want to go there? :)

Bella

Please tell me you haven't been reading Twilight. :plain:

Hm... Someone says Bella and you think of Twilight?

:plain:

Oh no, kmo. :eek:

I hate to tell you this, (well, sort of but not really) but Twilight wasn't even on my horizon.

Haven't read the books or seen the movies, and get this...didn't even know Bella was a character.

Apparently you know more about Twilight than I do. :chuckle:

bybee

Surely you aren't comparing Harry Potter to 50 Shades? :AMR:

I believe she was making a larger point?
I myself have given up reading theologians. There are too many of them and I am too old to parse through their often convoluted reasoning.
And I read all of the Harry Potter books and saw all of the movies and have all of the DVD's!

Brother Vinny

The prose in the Harry Potter series has been criticized for being merely workmanlike (without much artistry), and there's an element of truth to it, but the storytelling more than makes up for it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I believe she was making a larger point?
I myself have given up reading theologians. There are too many of them and I am too old to parse through their often convoluted reasoning.
And I read all of the Harry Potter books and saw all of the movies and have all of the DVD's!

The prose in the Harry Potter series has been criticized for being merely workmanlike (without much artistry), and there's an element of truth to it, but the storytelling more than makes up for it.

I've read the HP series and enjoyed it a lot. :thumb:

Working on The Hunger Games now.

Jukia

The stories are masterful to my mind.

The Potter stories are marvelous. Twilight and 50 Shades are just awful. Could not make it more than 10 pages in Twilite, read all of the first 50 Shades book mostly because the women in my office were guiltily reading it. Dreck.

As a total aside, my newest favoritist author is the late Iain Banks, whether writing as Iain Banks or Iain M. Banks for science fiction. Very creative fiction and a great non-fiction on single malt.

bybee

The Potter stories are marvelous. Twilight and 50 Shades are just awful. Could not make it more than 10 pages in Twilite, read all of the first 50 Shades book mostly because the women in my office were guiltily reading it. Dreck.

As a total aside, my newest favoritist author is the late Iain Banks, whether writing as Iain Banks or Iain M. Banks for science fiction. Very creative fiction and a great non-fiction on single malt.

I love science fiction. Started with "I Robot" by Isaac Asimov.

Son of Jack

I've read the HP series and enjoyed it a lot. :thumb:

Okay...I need to start reading the HP series. Mostly because bybee said it was worthwhile. Can't trust the literary opinion of someone who may have read the Twilight series.

:mock:kmo

Working on The Hunger Games now.

I read it a few years ago. I liked it. How far into the series are you? What do you think so far?