I have not read "50 Shades of Gray"...

IMJerusha

I think this summarizes why it is not a good movie:

A Psychiatrist’s Letter to Young People about Fifty Shades of Grey
http://www.megmeekermd.com/2015/02/...r-to-young-people-about-fifty-shades-of-grey/

Don't you just love secular psychology? :chuckle: And I know she's featured with Dr. Dobson but there's not a word in this to young people about God's intention for their lives, how He loves them and created them to be reflections of Himself. Nothing about their worth as His children. Our young people won't make it unless they know and understand these things. She's too secular in her approach.

lifeisgood

Don't you just love secular psychology? :chuckle: And I know she's featured with Dr. Dobson but there's not a word in this to young people about God's intention for their lives, how He loves them and created them to be reflections of Himself. Nothing about their worth as His children. Our young people won't make it unless they know and understand these things. She's too secular in her approach.

IN THIS INSTANCE, I do not care about "she is too secular in her approach". I care about the warning --- this movie is unhealthy to young ladies and young men.

IMJerusha

Intelligently, would be my guess.

No doubt, Purex, but intelligence won't "get it" nor will simply living a good life even if it's according to most of the Ten Commandments. That's the reason why Yeshua stated that the first and most important of God's commands is "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." If we don't understand and acknowledge from Whom all our blessings come and give Him the glory, we're just a secular people with no hope for eternity.

IMJerusha

IN THIS INSTANCE, I do not care about "she is too secular in her approach". I care about the warning --- this movie is unhealthy to young ladies and young men.

This movie is a drop in the bucket compared to what our young people are dealing with out there. You would be amazed at the number who would find it blasé and could come up with ways to "improve" the screenplay!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's to bdsm what Twilight is to vampires.
I don't know what would be funnier: if you knew EL James began this work of fiction as Twilight fan fiction, or if you did not.

I agree that such information is necessary.

Why is it unhealthy to them? If God is denied then what does it matter?

PureX

Chrys! It is out there! It is worth decrying!
I agree. I won't read the book or see the movie. Just as I did not read the book or see the movie; "The Wolf of Wall Street", for similar reasons. Glorifying our lust and greed, for fun and profit, via clever artifice, is not an endeavor that I choose to support.

bybee

I agree. I won't read the book or see the movie. Just as I did not read the book or see the movie; "The Wolf of Wall Street", for similar reasons. Glorifying our lust and greed, for fun and profit, via clever artifice, is not an endeavor that I choose to support.

Agreed!

lifeisgood

Why is it unhealthy to them?

It is unhealthy because it does not portray the truth.

If God is denied then what does it matter?

It matters for that same reason --- God is denied --- and that is the warning of those who are criticizing this movie as being unhealthy for young ladies and young men (and that includes 'Christian' ones also).

Good summary of the movie:
http://www.megmeekermd.com/2015/02/...r-to-young-people-about-fifty-shades-of-grey/

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Same Here. Not Interested in 50 Shades. Off Topic, does anyone know why Banned names like marcella lynn or nazzegirl can log in ?

Quincy

I don't know what would be funnier: if you knew EL James began this work of fiction as Twilight fan fiction, or if you did not.

I knew it was started as Twilight fanfic, so however funny you find it is fine by me, :chuckle: . It's basically a reskinning of Twilight, all the way down to the characters, which are more or less the same with different names.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I saw a stack of this trashy pulp at the butcher's section of my supermarket yesterday. Ya know, near the wine and steak.

WHAT.