I have not read "50 Shades of Gray"...

bybee

and I'm not going to!
Apparently sexual wallowing has become an accepted norm in our society?
I'm expecting the next tasteless breakout might include how to give oneself an enema...or how to give someone else an enema?
I don't want to be exposed to what others are doing in their bedrooms or their bathrooms! :jawdrop:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Chrys! I'm not exposing anything!
I saw the casting line up for "50 Shades of Gray" on the news this morning. And thought I'd vent a little spleen.

you have done this before

we do not need to hear about what you find to be in poor taste
and
you just end up giving them some publicity
which
they really appreciate

bybee

you have done this before

we do not need to hear about what you find to be in poor taste
and
you just end up giving them some publicity
which
they really appreciate

Would that be the "Regal WE" or the editorial we, or The "Mister Chrys Bossy Shoes We"?

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
and I'm not going to!
Apparently sexual wallowing has become an accepted norm in our society?
I'm expecting the next tasteless breakout might include how to give oneself an enema...or how to give someone else an enema?
I don't want to be exposed to what others are doing in their bedrooms or their bathrooms! :jawdrop:

The whole point of the badly written book which I couldn't get further than the 157th page, is that it's not an accepted norm.

Plus, nobody is forcing it on you - they're saying it's a book about sex, I'd be surprised if they even quoted any naughty bits on the news.

You have a first amendment, you might as well use it.

bybee

The whole point of the badly written book which I couldn't get further than the 157th page, is that it's not an accepted norm.

Plus, nobody is forcing it on you - they're saying it's a book about sex, I'd be surprised if they even quoted any naughty bits on the news.

I am exercising my right of "free speech".
While the book may not be forced on me the many references to it are forced on me and that is okay too.
We are engaged in a veritable cesspool of free speech.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know what this book is about.

But, has anyone else noticed all the junk on tv and in movies concerning relations between humans and "sexy" non-humans?

Breathe

bybee, I haven't read it, nor do I intend to. The concept just doesn't appeal to me. Guess we aren't bored housewives. :D

bybee

bybee, I haven't read it, nor do I intend to. The concept just doesn't appeal to me. Guess we aren't bored housewives. :D

Yup! I am in a book club but we gravitate toward mysteries!
I like mystery.
That is to say I like the maintenance of privacy!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

There are ony 160 pages

Brother Vinny

It originated as Twilight fanfic, and fanfic is usually worse than the original product, and it's hard for me to imagine prose that could be worse than Twilight.

The most I've been exposed to 50 Shades is Gilbert Gottfried reading sections of it on YouTube, which was pretty hilarious.

bybee

It originated as Twilight fanfic, and fanfic is usually worse than the original product, and it's hard for me to imagine prose that could be worse than Twilight.

The most I've been exposed to 50 Shades is Gilbert Gottfried reading sections of it on YouTube, which was pretty hilarious.

A good number of people who have tried to read it have suggested that it is poorly written.
Funny, how things capture the interest of the public....