ECT I AM RIGHT

Heterodoxical

Just wanted your attention.

This will be addressed to only particular people, and they will know who they are. The rest of you will know the type of people it's addressed to.

Why do you come to a discussion board, and then behave as if everyone was supposed to agree with you, pat your back and praise you after God only?

How can you presume you are right on everything to the point you don't even need to CONSIDER other people's views, it's beneath you?

It's a discussion board. That pretty much assumes people aren't expecting to be right. Therefore people shouldn't show up if their only intent is to show everyone how right they are and try to force agreement with them.

If you are so insecure in your beliefs, that any objection causes you to freak out, you are too short for this ride. If you aren't freaking out, you don't need to defensively lash out from fear. And you will deny you are afraid, so you can save face, after all you are here to win approval, not discuss God and find truth. So, you are nothing if not consistent.

When was the last time you changed your mind on something theologically? Does that scare you?

When was the last time, you actually read the other person's post more than once or twice, so you could make sure you understood it before you opened your mouth and proved you were a fool?

Are you here for man's approval, or to discuss God? If you are here to "discuss" would you kindly shut the front door long enough to discuss and address, and consider, and bring logical conclusions to the other people's comments rather than just object, deny, reflect, deflect, ignore, and contradict?

I'm really curious, why can't you just talk about faith, without having to be right? <<<< is the point of the thread.

oatmeal

This will be addressed to only particular people, and they will know who they are. The rest of you will know the type of people it's addressed to.

Why do you come to a discussion board, and then behave as if everyone was supposed to agree with you, pat your back and praise you after God only?

How can you presume you are right on everything to the point you don't even need to CONSIDER other people's views, it's beneath you?

It's a discussion board. That pretty much assumes people aren't expecting to be right. Therefore people shouldn't show up if their only intent is to show everyone how right they are and try to force agreement with them.

If you are so insecure in your beliefs, that any objection causes you to freak out, you are too short for this ride. If you aren't freaking out, you don't need to defensively lash out from fear. And you will deny you are afraid, so you can save face, after all you are here to win approval, not discuss God and find truth. So, you are nothing if not consistent.

When was the last time you changed your mind on something theologically? Does that scare you?

When was the last time, you actually read the other person's post more than once or twice, so you could make sure you understood it before you opened your mouth and proved you were a fool?

Are you here for man's approval, or to discuss God? If you are here to "discuss" would you kindly shut the front door long enough to discuss and address, and consider, and bring logical conclusions to the other people's comments rather than just object, deny, reflect, deflect, ignore, and contradict?

I'm really curious, why can't you just talk about faith, without having to be right? <<<< is the point of the thread.

It takes humility and meekness to God and His words to learn

oatmeal

Because God's Truth is correct, accurate, I try to be correct also.

Should politeness allow for error?

Like any challenge, discretion is the better part of valor.

There are many subjects that can be studied in God's word

Which ones will be of greatest benefit?

Of those which have I spent the time to learn about without injecting preconceived notions, tradition, denominational bias, emotions, secularism, unbelief, ignorance, opinion, a desire to be popular, laziness, etc?

Which ones have I really expended a diligent effort to learn from the inherent integrity and accuracy of God's word?

Freely I have received, therefore freely I give, but not to cast pearls before swine

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

:think:

what if you're wrong about all of that? :idunno:

Heterodoxical

Because God's Truth is correct, accurate, I try to be correct also.

Should politeness allow for error?

Tom, I'll go to a debate with no preparation on any topic I know I know at zero's notice. I'm pretty sure I'm right. I certainly wouldn't go in KNOWING I am wrong.

So in a room of 100 like-people, all of them think they are right. All of them h ave different thoughts. So, they sit there and get snotty back and forth because God told them too.

If you don't admit you could be wrong, you will never be able to find out that you ARE wrong, if you are wrong.

God could have you hear to learn a mistake/error and you are too busy not listening to His chosen messengers/lessons that you reject Him.

You can't grow, if you think you have it all.

So why are you here if you know it all and can't be corrected? Just to help the rest of us poor saps? ( I don't mean you, I am using it in the general sense. )

Heterodoxical

:think:

what if you're wrong about all of that? :idunno:

What if? I need to be prepared to be shown and accept it. I'll defend my beliefs, until they are irrefutably not defendable. Then I can lie to myself or change.

I have made some MAJOR changes in recent years.

I've admitted to being wrong in these forums a dozen times in my time here...

I'm stubborn, but I won't lie to myself just to feel good.

What do you do?
:cheers:

Jerry Shugart

I considered your opinion when you wrote, "The blood of Christ does not save you!"

It is my duty to follow Paul who tells us what to do in the case of the blasphemy that you teach:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

oatmeal

Admitting you are part of the problem, would be a good sign that you had some of either. :)

This is your thread, you start.

since I do not plan on turning blue while I wait holding my breath.

I have learned a great deal over the years and have had to reject major errors in my thinking when confronted with the simplicity of scripture.

I am very blessed and thankful to God that I have had the wonderful opportunities to learn scripture, to turn from darkness unto light, from serving idols and turning to serving the living God, from the power of Satan unto God.

Yes, I am very blessed to have enough scriptural teaching to have outgrown the winds of the doctrines from men who lie in wait to deceive.

The errors I had to overcome are so numerous

And I see these errors over and over again all around me.

Yet, I know there is so much more I can learn and mature into

Heterodoxical

I considered your opinion when you wrote, "The blood of Christ does not save you!"

It is my duty to follow Paul who tells us what to do in the case of the blasphemy that you teach:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

Jerry, you haven't proven any blasphemy yet. And Paul is who I quote the most to prove my point.

Rather than prove a heresy and use scripture, you huff up your chest, get on the soapbox, spit at me, frown at me, say I'm wrong, and throw verses that say if someone is wrong deal with them.

You are an idiot.
:bang:

DAN P

So , tell us what you are right , about ??

dan p

Heterodoxical

This is your thread, you start.

Just starting the thread shows I admit to it. I had to admit I was wrong 3x to untellectual last week in a public thread.

Can you think of and show ONCE you admitted you were wrong on anything?

since I do not plan on turning blue while I wait holding my breath.

I have learned a great deal over the years and have had to reject major errors in my thinking when confronted with the simplicity of scripture.
Examples?

T
I am very blessed and thankful to God that I have had the wonderful opportunities to learn scripture, to turn from darkness unto light, from serving idols and turning to serving the living God, from the power of Satan unto God.
While I don't dislike you, nor find you obnoxious like many personalities are to me, this is so smugly presumptuous self proclamation it just tells me there is no reasoning with you. Why don't we pick a topic, and debate that one on one, and you show me and convince me you are all you claim. If you do, I'd be your biggest defender if you were and I was wrong about you.

TYes, I am very blessed to have enough scriptural teaching to have outgrown the winds of the doctrines from men who lie in wait to deceive.
Better hurry up, you got a LOT left to go it looks like.

T
The errors I had to overcome are so numerous
faux humility.

TAnd I see these errors over and over again all around me.

Yet, I know there is so much more I can learn and mature into

How can you do that if you are never wrong?

Show me where you have been wrong this year?

Seriously. Even this post... It doesn't have you admitting to being wrong, you give no case of being wrong, you just claim "Sure I've been wrong, I wouldn't be humble if I didn't admit it, so here let me admit it in public.... (i don't' know what I've ever been wrong about, but I must have been wrong, right?)"

Heterodoxical

dan p

I'm only half right. The other half is left.

I don't claim to have it all right on anything. But I'll hold my ground soundly on many things until I'm shown to be wrong.

Dan, I'm about the only one on here honest enough to admit you won't know if you are or aren't saved until you face God at judgement.

Heterodoxical

dan p

Although, you do realize you prove my purpose for the post, right? Rather than address the OP you attack me personally. The one thing I like about you Dan, if I'm ever in a ticked off mood and looking for a fight, I can read two of your posts and one is guaranteed to be psycho enough I can start a fight. :baby:

Heterodoxical

It's OK for you to call the people who do not agree with you "idiots" but you get angry when some argue that you are wrong when you say, "The blood of Christ does not save you!"

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously!

If you don't think you are an idiot for the reasons I GAVE, then show me my error and I retract the observation.

You cut out the reasons, and make it look like I just threw that name out of nowhere at you, rather than you did something idiotic.

Jerry, you never engage the points. You try to dictate points, but any objections to you, you evade, run from ignore or assasinate the character of the one making the comments.

You are a coward. I'd love to chat WITH you, but you can only talk AT people
I gave reasons for the use of the word, Idiot. You either are or you aren't. If you are, I've shown it. if you aren't you can show me to be wrong.

There is a reason you didn't argue the points, but attacked me personally.

You
Could
Not
Argue
The
Undeniable
Point.