Human rights watchdog: Trump is an authoritarian populist

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Yep. The average predicted she'd get about 2.3 millon more votes than Trump. She got about 3 million more.

Which isn't the same as winning :chuckle:

Right. Just showing that the polls slightly underestimated how many more votes she'd get than Trump got.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And President Donald John Trump, has never used any illicit drugs, and he also does not drink any liquor.

"I'm not a crack user; I just play one on Twitter."

Maybe so.

Donald Trump’s Alleged Drug Use: 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know
1. Trump Claims That He Lives a Drug-Free Lifestyle

2. His Brother Was an Alcoholic

3. Allegations of Trump’s Drug Use First Surfaced 24 Years Ago
Despite Trump’s claim that he lives a clean, drug-free lifestyle, rumors that he abused certain types of drugs have circulated for more than two decades. In a February, 1992, Spy Magazine story, investigative reporter John Connolly unearthed a medical record that appeared to show that Trump had visited a New York doctor named Joseph Greenberg who, Connolly reported, was a physician to the stars known for prescribing diet drugs to celebrities — including Trump, Spy Magazine reported.

According to the story, which was revisited by the site Gawker this summer, Greenberg diagnosed Trump with “metabolic imbalance,” which despite not being an recognized medical condition, gave Greenberg a pretext to prescribe Trump a drug called Tenuate Dospan, or diethylpropion, which according to the site Drugs.com, “may impair your thinking or reactions… (and) may also cause restless feelings that can hide the symptoms of extreme tiredness.”

In other words, the drug acts like an amphetamine.

The medical site WebMD says that patients should not use diethylpropionm for more than “a few weeks at a time.” But according to the findings in Connolly’s 1992 story, Trump may have used the drug for a period of at least three years, from 1982 to 1985, the period during which he was Greenberg’s patient.

4. More Allegations Of “Cheap Speed” Use Surfaced This Year

5. Trump’s Bizarre Sniffing Habit at the Debates Sparked New Allegations

At both the first and second presidential debates, Trump exhibited an odd and frequently repeated sniffing behavior.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/donal...niffing-sniffles-cocaine-clinton-debate-test/

Danoh

"I'm not a crack user; I just play one on Twitter."

Maybe so.

Donald Trump’s Alleged Drug Use: 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know
1. Trump Claims That He Lives a Drug-Free Lifestyle

2. His Brother Was an Alcoholic

3. Allegations of Trump’s Drug Use First Surfaced 24 Years Ago
Despite Trump’s claim that he lives a clean, drug-free lifestyle, rumors that he abused certain types of drugs have circulated for more than two decades. In a February, 1992, Spy Magazine story, investigative reporter John Connolly unearthed a medical record that appeared to show that Trump had visited a New York doctor named Joseph Greenberg who, Connolly reported, was a physician to the stars known for prescribing diet drugs to celebrities — including Trump, Spy Magazine reported.

According to the story, which was revisited by the site Gawker this summer, Greenberg diagnosed Trump with “metabolic imbalance,” which despite not being an recognized medical condition, gave Greenberg a pretext to prescribe Trump a drug called Tenuate Dospan, or diethylpropion, which according to the site Drugs.com, “may impair your thinking or reactions… (and) may also cause restless feelings that can hide the symptoms of extreme tiredness.”

In other words, the drug acts like an amphetamine.

The medical site WebMD says that patients should not use diethylpropionm for more than “a few weeks at a time.” But according to the findings in Connolly’s 1992 story, Trump may have used the drug for a period of at least three years, from 1982 to 1985, the period during which he was Greenberg’s patient.

4. More Allegations Of “Cheap Speed” Use Surfaced This Year

5. Trump’s Bizarre Sniffing Habit at the Debates Sparked New Allegations

At both the first and second presidential debates, Trump exhibited an odd and frequently repeated sniffing behavior.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/donal...niffing-sniffles-cocaine-clinton-debate-test/

Emotions are chemical. Thus, the impact on emotions that introducing drugs (external chemicals) into one's system, often have.

And it is obvious Trump's overblown narcissism is an emotional or chemical abuse, long set in as his reality.

Thus, the many failed attempts at "intervention" so many in DC keep coming away with, where attempting to reason with Trump is concerned.

No surprise then, the kinds of "Christians" "chemically" attracted to him.

No surprise then that such justify his every word and action.

Such have long been on the same "drug."

A passage like the following, has no impact on such.

Not given their version of Trump's fool assertion he is "too smart to read Intel..."

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

In such, the more these kinds of things are pointed out to them - about them - the more such perceive one is not only the one with the actual problem, but that one is their enemy.

Theirs is the very illogic of the drunk and his bottle; when confronted with the obvious to all, but to said drunk.

Trump Dronism, being what it is...

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Right. So as I said, President Donald John Trump has never used illicit drugs, nor does he drink any liquor.

Unlike so many other of our "stars."

ClimateSanity

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-rights-icj-idUSKBN1A42A3

Trump is new breed of 'authoritarian populist': rights watchdog

GENEVA (Reuters) - Donald Trump is one of a new breed of leaders around the world who seek to use their democratic mandate to undermine the rule of law, the head of a legal and human rights watchdog said on Wednesday.

Branding the U.S. president an "authoritarian populist", Saman Zia-Zarifi, secretary-general of the Geneva-based International Commission of Jurists (ICJ), compared him to the leaders of Turkey, the Philippines, Hungary and Venezuela.

"The new populism has a certain shamelessness about it that is new. It's not that people are denying that they are violating rights, what they are saying is they can violate rights because somehow they are empowered by the people," he said.

"I would say that in the U.S., Trump is an authoritarian populist. He has authoritarian tendencies but he still is facing checks and balances," Zarifi said. "So he is not a full-blown authoritarian figure."

I think that last quote is spot on.
Whose rights are Trump violating?

ClimateSanity

You have a point. After the tape of Trump bragging about being able to get away with sexual assault, a poll showed about 19% of his followers saying that the tape actually made them like him better.
If there is consent, there is no sexual assault. The women wanted it ...that is if you believe Trump wasn't just bragging about an non existent event.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Right. So as I said, President Donald John Trump has never used illicit drugs, nor does he drink any liquor.
True of every practicing Mormon, too.

But not the Mormons. :plain: Or, presumably, the Mormon stars.

So, way to go, Wilford Brimley. Shame about the diabetes though.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
If there is consent, there is no sexual assault. The women wanted it ...that is if you believe Trump wasn't just bragging about an non existent event.

No, he was bragging about existing events. And of course his narcissism demands that every woman wants him.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No one listening to the tape ever got the impression that Trump was bragging that those women wanted him to assault them.

He was bragging that he could do it and no one would stop him. Notice his confusion and dismay when a woman doesn't respond as his fantasies demand.

He's repeatedly demonstrated that he's frightened and angered by any woman who won't knuckle under to him.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
True of every practicing Mormon, too.
But not the Mormons. :plain: Or, presumably, the Mormon stars.

So, way to go, Wilford Brimley. Shame about the diabetes though.
Before President Barack Hussein Obama became President of the United States, he was a pothead and a cokehead.

President Donald John Trump has never consumed illicit drugs, and does not drink any liquor.

Who cares what druggies think?

President Trump hasn't said anything like, "They let you [censored]," since becoming President of the United States; just as I'm sure that President Obama didn't consume any cannabis or cocaine once he himself became President of the United States.

President William Jefferson Clinton was an adulterer before, and while he was President of the United States.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's real progress. And he hasn't actually tried to shoot anyone to test his theory of personal popularity. I call that a win for self-control.
It is, and lest anybody pats him on the back for it, it's not tough to abstain from what we're talking about here. Anybody can not do that stuff.
Now about that Twitter account...
I personally enjoy that he does this. I wish all of our Presidents, not only did what he's doing, but were forced to do it, even if they didn't want to. Presidents should be constantly chattering with Americans, as much as possible; we knowing him better than we ever knew any previous leader, is not a bad thing!

:)