Human rights watchdog: Trump is an authoritarian populist

Danoh

You have a point. After the tape of Trump bragging about being able to get away with sexual assault, a poll showed about 19% of his followers saying that the tape actually made them like him better.

The irony is in the following description of the actual frame of reference and values and beliefs system behind such rationalizations.

For regardless of whether one claims to be "a Christian" or not, or what have you; the following ends up a description of a basic frame of reference, in one aspect or another, of far too many on all sides of the fence...

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Rom. 5:8

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have a point. After the tape of Trump bragging about being able to get away with sexual assault, a poll showed about 19% of his followers saying that the tape actually made them like him better.

I simply do not understand the devotion and in some cases, the cult-like following of this wretched man. IF he were a decent human being whose top priority was making the lives of American's better, I could ignore the ugly and support him. However, I truly believe his motivation is to settle self-induced conflicts, stroke his ego and line his own pockets. He is an embarrassment.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
That case was dropped (the civil suit accusing sexual predator Donald Trump of raping a 13 year old girl). How about we save Daddy Trump's sexual escapades (that's a nice tern for a sexual degenerate) for another thread and talk about the subject title?

Oh, so now you're an apologist for pedophilia?

If I were a defender of pedophilia, I'd have to call myself a Libertarian.

Great Moments In Libertarian History: NAMBLA Spokesman Declares Himself “Libertarian”
http://exiledonline.com/great-momen...ambla-spokesman-declares-himself-libertarian/

drbrumley

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
That case was dropped (the civil suit accusing sexual predator Donald Trump of raping a 13 year old girl). How about we save Daddy Trump's sexual escapades (that's a nice tern for a sexual degenerate) for another thread and talk about the subject title?

If I were a defender of pedophilia, I'd have to call myself a Libertarian.

Great Moments In Libertarian History: NAMBLA Spokesman Declares Himself “Libertarian”
http://exiledonline.com/great-momen...ambla-spokesman-declares-himself-libertarian/

:yawn:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, the point is that some rich moron feels that he can do whatever he wants with women. You think he asked for consent? Even implied that? What planet do you live on. The guy is a pig.

The guy is indeed a pig, but it's retarded to take half of his comment at face value and disregard the rest

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the [redacted]."

"They let you do it" is implied consent

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You like polls? They were so accurate on Hillary winning :rotfl:

glorydaz

Were ACW's references inaccurate? Did the Dear Leader in the White House not say those things?
Did you see the special cabinet meeting when all the swamp dwellers paid him homage and showed their adoration?
He is not a populist. He is simply a very rich man with no feeling for the general population, but he is caught in a position that he is neither trained for nor emotionally able to deal with properly. He blames everyone else for his screw-ups---Obama, unloyal (note the word) Republicans, immigrants, the real media. He is at heart an insecure bully

ACW's opinion is as colored as yours is....a personal dislike for a man.

glorydaz

LOL...you're the one who voted for someone who has never run as a Republican prior to realizing that he could dupe them into actually believing he's a conservative.

I would vote for Joe the Plumber before I would vote for a Politician. There was no "duping" involved.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I watched some vids of President Trump back before he was President, on Howard Stern, going all the way back to the early 1990s.

Danoh

The guy is indeed a pig, but it's retarded to take half of his comment at face value and disregard the rest

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the [redacted]."

"They let you do it" is implied consent

Often, because a celebrity is so idealized, when they then do something like that, it so shocks one that their normal defenses against such things shut down and "they let you do it."

A kind of "Deer in the headlights" kind of moment.

Years ago, when I was in the world, I was engaged in a conversation with a famous playwrite, when one of their fans walked up all excited and wanting an autograph.

The Playwrite turned really rude, even though consenting to giving the autograph.

About an hour later, the person returned, tore up the autograph in said Playwrite's face and basically said they could not believe they had allowed themselves to be so poorly treated just because said Playwrite was so famous, and stormed off.

At which point the Playwrite turns to me and huffs "some people!"

Such actually come to expect to be allowed to get away with their poor treatment of others because so many who meet them never get past that momentary "deer in the headlights" shock to their system that rude crude celebrities can so disarm them with, due to how idealized these people are, by most.

And I have often observed this dynamic between the famous and the not.

Stop to reflect on such the actual dynamic within such moments, and you'll find you've had your share of such momentary freeze ups in your own life - the dynamic is the same.

Heck, simply recall the effect of the more popular males or females in grammar school; high school; etc.

Or simply when one's boss walks in the room.

Now, is that same kind of dynamic always the case where what Trump was obviously proving himself the pig he has long been known for throughout his adult life, is concerned?

I doubt it.

You'd best walk a few moons in another's moccasins before allowing yourself to be so quick to conclude the "consent" you allowed yourself to conclude within so obviously narrow a vacuum.

Rom. 5:8

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
None of which addresses the fact that "they let you do it" = implied consent

And so, no sexual assault

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
None of which addresses the fact that "they let you do it" = implied consent

And so, no sexual assault
I heard about this utterance from the soon-to-be President of the United States, before I read the words that he actually said. IOW I heard the incensed, angry reaction to what he said first, and then I read what he actually said. And that's the part that leapt off the page to me as well, they let him do it. He didn't even actually say he did it (though he probably did? maybe? who knows...), that he censored, he just said that, "They let you [censored]." But at any rate, even if he did do it, "They let [him]."

The argument could be made, I suppose, that the women in question were intimidated by the presence of, and especially the attention of, a famous person, or in the future President's own words, "a star," and that, because of this stunned state in which they found themselves, through no fault of their own, they had been mesmerized and impaired and basically incapacitated generally, temporarily incapable of being responsible for their own behavior, and so, it was future President Donald Trump's own responsibility to protect the ladies' chastity.

But then I think about the birds and the bees, and if President Trump is as impetuous as an adolescent boy wrt the birds and the bees, as he appears to be, and if I imagine him as a high schooler who is big man on campus, and he behaved the same way, and some of the girls "let him [censored]," and then I caught him bragging about what some women are like with him, I would again be thinking about chastity, and not crime. What the President of the United States said, before he became President of the United States, about his own unchaste proclivities, reminded me not of assault, but of drug use. Namely cocaine and marijuana, both of which President Obama, before he became President of the United States, used more intensively, than what can be justifiably called experimenting. And then a headline like this reminds me that there are a lot of drug users among "the stars:"

http://us.cnn.com/2013/07/04/showbiz/gallery/substance-abuse-celebs/index.html

And President Donald John Trump, has never used any illicit drugs, and he also does not drink any liquor.