How the Gospel Refutes All Religions and Reconciles Us to God

Samie

HOGWASH!

Your claim that people are born saved is not according to the Bible.

This means that people would posses the Holy Spirit at birth and then when they sinned God would take away his Holy Spirit and they would become lost. Really, really, dumb and unbiblical.
You are simply insisting against the words of the Master Teacher. If that is not being dumb and anti-Christ, then how would you call it? We are born in Christ, hence born saved.

When people sin, the Holy Spirit is not taken away. The HS continues to convict them of their wrong-doings. You also sin, don't you? Has the HS been taken away from you? No. You continue to be led by the HS despite your sins. But the fact that the HS continue to lead you, does not leave you off the hook. If you continue to be overcome of evil instead of overcoming it with good, then when you die NOT an overcomer, your name will Christ blot out from the book of life (Rev 3:5), that's when you are lost forever (Rev 20:15, 21:27).

Again, our Lord & Savior through the parable of the lost sheep, lost coin and lost son made clear that people start out NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ. He said He came to seek and save that which was lost. He did not fail in His mission. He reported to the Father that He has finished the work He was assigned to do (John 17:4). He already found us, as He explained in the parable of the lost. The sheep, coin and son were all found.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How do others have assurance that are saved without waiting to death to find out they really were saved?

All Christians are given the guarantee of everlasting life (Ephesians 1:13-14)by the anointing of the Holy Spirit. (I John 2:20)

His Spirit witnesses to their spirits.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are simply insisting against the words of the Master Teacher. If that is not being dumb and anti-Christ, then how would you call it? We are born in Christ, hence born saved.

When people sin, the Holy Spirit is not taken away. The HS continues to convict them of their wrong-doings. You also sin, don't you? Has the HS been taken away from you? No. You continue to be led by the HS despite your sins. But the fact that the HS continue to lead you, does not leave you off the hook. If you continue to be overcome of evil instead of overcoming it with good, then when you die NOT an overcomer, your name will Christ blot out from the book of life (Rev 3:5), that's when you are lost forever (Rev 20:15, 21:27).

Again, our Lord & Savior through the parable of the lost sheep, lost coin and lost son made clear that people start out NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ. He said He came to seek and save that which was lost. He did not fail in His mission. He reported to the Father that He has finished the work He was assigned to do (John 17:4). He already found us, as He explained in the parable of the lost. The sheep, coin and son were all found.

I have showed you scripture that we are born in sin, Psalm 51:5.

You rejected it. I have nothing further to say to you.

Samie

I have showed you scripture that we are born in sin, Psalm 51:5.

You rejected it. I have nothing further to say to you.
I have long told you that the verse does not say what you say it says. Read it again.

You apply to all people what David said of himself but you REFUSE to apply to all people what God told Jeremiah in Jer 1:5. Hence, conceived in sin (as David said of himself), but sanctified in the womb (as God told Jeremiah). And those whom God sanctified He made perfect forever (Heb 10:14). They were conceived in sin but having been sanctified in the womb and made perfect, they are born already sanctified and perfect in God's sight.

You simply can't believe that your teaching is against what Christ taught in the parables of the lost. People start out in life NOT lost. And to be NOT lost is to be in Christ. As Solomon quipped, God made man upright (Eccl 7:29).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How does our mind feel our own spirit?

Does the Holy Spirit rule your mind, or does your mind rule the Holy Spirit?

Assurance of salvation does not depend upon feelings or experiences, anyway . . . assurance comes by the divine gift of faith, alone.

So what is the basis of these challenging questions from you, I ask . . .

???

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Does the Holy Spirit rule your mind, or does your mind rule the Holy Spirit?

Assurance of salvation does not depend upon feelings or experiences, anyway . . . assurance comes by the divine gift of faith, alone.

So what is the basis of these challenging questions from you, I ask . . .

???
We know exactly what God does with his elects via the Bible. Personal feelings and experiences are the same as hope. I base myself on my personal hope. Hope and assurances are not the same. How are you 100% sure you are the elect? Holy spirit rules everything and I hope I'm right. Feelings and knowing are the same

Robert Pate

Banned
We know exactly what God does with his elects via the Bible. Personal feelings and experiences are the same as hope. I base myself on my personal hope. Hope and assurances are not the same. How are you 100% sure you are the elect? Holy spirit rules everything and I hope I'm right. Feelings and knowing are the same

You are trusting in yourself. You are looking for something within yourself as assurance of your salvation.

Paul said, "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the Spirit and rejoice in Christ Jesus and have NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH" Philippians 3:3.

You trust in feelings. I trust in Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

There is no assurance without hope, and there is no hope without assurance.

Both are found according to the loving grace of God who grants us faith to believe in all His promises. Hebrews 11:1-7

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
There is no assurance without hope, and there is no hope without assurance.

Both are found according to the loving grace of God who grants us faith to believe in all His promises. Hebrews 11:1-7
Hope is at the edge of total depravity

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Wow. You need to study some basic lexicography. Start with elpis (hope). You have absolutely no idea what it objectively means and you're depending on some vague concept of your own mind instead of the inspired text.

Feelings and knowing (whether gnosis, epignosis, or oida; or other words and their meanings) are NOT the same thing. They are somewhat inter-related, but are not synonymous at all.

Reading your posts is a bit of a theological, exegetical, and lexical mess. I could provide clarity, but I don't think you'd listen.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
How does our mind feel our own spirit?

The nous (mind) is a faculty of the physis (nature) of the ousia (essence/being) of man. The ousia is the human pneuma (spirit); underlied by the hypostasis (substance/individuality), which is the predominant majority of the psyche (soul).

The internal intuitive knowledge of the human spirit is oida, contrasted to knowledge (gnosis) and knowledge (epignosis).

This isn't simple and shallow theological subject matter. This is Anthropology Proper whereby we can lexcially understand the composition and functionality of man's constitution.

This isn't for neophytes with vague deductions and speculation devoid any actual understanding.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hope is at the edge of total depravity
There are many things in this world we "hope" for. We hope that we will receive a raise in our salary. We hope that our favorite team will win the World Series. This kind of hope expresses our personal desires for the future. We have hope concerning things that are uncertain. We don't know if our desires will come to pass, but we hold out hope that they will.

However, when Scripture speaks of hope, it has something different in view. Scriptural hope is a firm conviction that the future promises of God will be fulfilled. Scriptural hope is not mere wish projection, but an assurance of what will come to pass. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:19).

Hope takes its place alongside faith and love as one of the Christian virtues that the apostle Paul sets forth in 1 Corinthians 13:13. Hope is faith directed toward the future.

Hope is used in two ways in Scripture. The less common usage points out the object of our hope: Our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope of eternal life. The more common usage is as an attitude of assurance regarding the fulfillment of God's promises. The Christian is called to hope, that is, to have full assurance of the resurrection of God's people and the coming of God's kingdom. Within Scripture, hope is inextricably bound up with eschatology.

AMR

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The nous (mind) is a faculty of the physis (nature) of the ousia (essence/being) of man. The ousia is the human pneuma (spirit); underlied by the hypostasis (substance/individuality), which is the predominant majority of the psyche (soul).

The internal intuitive knowledge of the human spirit is oida, contrasted to knowledge (gnosis) and knowledge (epignosis).

This isn't simple and shallow theological subject matter. This is Anthropology Proper whereby we can lexcially understand the composition and functionality of man's constitution.

This isn't for neophytes with vague deductions and speculation devoid any actual understanding.

I felt my totally depraved built instinct that came with my birth.Things you say reminds me of cults. You want me to listen, you better something worthwhile. Meanwhile I don't do anything outside God's arrangements of circumstances in my life. He didn't arrange me to listen to you but thanks for listening to me and the holy ghost and that it tickled your curiosity to the truths. Good day

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
There are many things in this world we "hope" for. We hope that we will receive a raise in our salary. We hope that our favorite team will win the World Series. This kind of hope expresses our personal desires for the future. We have hope concerning things that are uncertain. We don't know if our desires will come to pass, but we hold out hope that they will.

However, when Scripture speaks of hope, it has something different in view. Scriptural hope is a firm conviction that the future promises of God will be fulfilled. Scritural hope is not mere wish projection, but an assurance of what will come to pass. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:19).

Hope takes its place alongside faith and love as one of the Christian virtues that the apostle Paul sets forth in 1 Corinthians 13:13. Hope is faith directed toward the future.

Hope is used in two ways in Scripture. The less common usage points out the object of our hope: Our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope of eternal life. The more common usage is as an attitude of assurance regarding the fulfillment of God's promises. The Christian is called to hope, that is, to have full assurance of the resurrection of God's people and the coming of God's kingdom. Within Scripture, hope is inextricably bound up with eschatology.

AMR

tumblr_mbk6spsQje1r1o6z3o1_400.jpg

Prayer is to my spirit what breathing is to my body.
"Pray continually"
1 Thessalonians 5:17

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I felt my totally depraved built instinct that came with my birth.Things you say reminds me of cults. You want me to listen, you better something worthwhile. Meanwhile I don't do anything outside God's arrangements of circumstances in my life. He didn't arrange me to listen to you but thanks for listening to me and the holy ghost and that it tickled your curiosity to the truths. Good day

Cult? It's lexicography from scriptural terms for exegesis. The "worthwhile" is right in front of you in those posts.

If you don't do anything outside of God's arrangements of circumstances in your life, and if He didn't arrange you to listen to me (which was a simple explanation with biblical terms); then how and why could/would you respond?

Threre's a created order for man's internal design and functionality. Understanding it is part of our responsibility as Believers. Misrepresenting it is not.

Perhaps I misunderstood you intent, which seemed adversarial. But this post seems no less so.

BTW... I know the truth and the truth has made me free. His who is free is free indeed.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Hope (elpis) is not "hope" as most people understand the English word's common applied meaning of "wishfulness".

Elpis is earnest expectation and anticipation, with desire of obtaining something in the future because of promises made. There's an assurance for "hope", based upon God's very Word as promise.

This is what is most often understood as faith, with hope being more of a wishful positivism. Thus faith is most often not employed as the foundation for Christian doctrine and living.

Eagles Wings

However, when Scripture speaks of hope, it has something different in view. Scriptural hope is a firm conviction that the future promises of God will be fulfilled. Scritural hope is not mere wish projection, but an assurance of what will come to pass. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:19).

AMR
Really appreciate this post, AMR.