How Protestants got sucked into the Rapture

OCTOBER23

THE RAPTURE
----------------

IT IS IN THE BIBLE.

JESUS says that He will go to His Father's House and PREPARE A PLACE FOR THE CHURCH.

REV 12 says that the Church (woman) FLIES TO A PLACE PREPARED BY GOD (JESUS)

For 31/2 years just when Satan is Cast down to the Earth.

REV 3 JESUS says that HE will Keep the Philadelphian Church from the Hour of Testing

(The Great Tribulation of 31/2 years)-(The New Jerusalem):rapture::rapture::rapture:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: (The New Jerusalem)

if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,

and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared

by God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

-- REV 12 There are TWO WOMEN , TWO CHURCHES in Rev 12.
-- One Woman (Philadelphian Church) goes up when Satan is Cast down
and the Second Woman (Laodicean Church) goes up after a little persecution from Satan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wilderness -

2048 ἔρημος eremos -- adjective

AV-wilderness desert solitary

1) solitary, uninhabited place

(The New Jerusalem)

Last edited:

Danoh

The Rapture was invented by Roman Catholics trying to counter the
identification of the Vatican as the Great harlot.

Then Darby, and Scofield, and Hal Lindsay popularized the Rapture,
and now many Protestants think that the Rapture is some kind of Protestant doctrine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hXKNTMuEY

Yep; leave it to the ever sensationalizing, ever compromising, lost in his works for salvation, 7th Day Adventist, Doug Batchelor (the man in the video) to know what he is talking about.

Of course, someone else just might follow up with another one of these just as sensationalizing Adventists, as he did on another forum (of course, as he put it then, his Adventist "is a Jew; he knows...")

Hmmm.... we MADists need to get on the ball - it seems we've been "left behind" :chuckle: all the other schools of thought [sic] all have their circus acts suckering in their own into the purchase of more, and more flashy covered books, and videos about "the truth."

The Preterists, the Historicists, the Acts 2ists, the Adventists, the Partial Preterists, the this, that, the other...

In short, Nazaroo :rotfl:

CherubRam

The Rapture was invented by Roman Catholics trying to counter the
identification of the Vatican as the Great harlot.

Then Darby, and Scofield, and Hal Lindsay popularized the Rapture,
and now many Protestants think that the Rapture is some kind of Protestant doctrine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hXKNTMuEY

The term "Rapture" is not biblical, however, there will come a time when the elect will be taken with Christ back into heaven. As for the Christians that are not taken, they will have to wait for the second resurrection.

RBBI

The rapture myth came about from a word of prophecy given by a Scottish woman named Margaret MacDonald. It was a spiritual word, to be spiritually understood, but was taken by a man who heard it, into the natural understanding, spread about for him to prosper by and gain materially from.

A close reading of Matt. 13 the parable of the wheat and the tares destroys this myth, as does the understanding of what being born from above (not born again) really is.

Then there is Noah, in whose day only the wicked left the earth; the righteous were raised up above the judgment in the Ark. HE is the Ark of the covenant we are to get into. No one is going to fly away; it's a doctrine whose roots are fear and selfishness. Peace

SaulToPaul 2

Yep; leave it to the ever sensationalizing, ever compromising, lost in his works for salvation, 7th Day Adventist, Doug Batchelor (the man in the video) to know what he is talking about.

Of course, someone else just might follow up with another one of these just as sensationalizing Adventists, as he did on another forum (of course, as he put it then, his Adventist "is a Jew; he knows...")

Hmmm.... we MADists need to get on the ball - it seems we've been "left behind" :chuckle: all the other schools of thought [sic] all have their circus acts suckering in their own into the purchase of more, and more flashy covered books, and videos about "the truth."

The Preterists, the Historicists, the Acts 2ists, the Adventists, the Partial Preterists, the this, that, the other...

In short, Nazaroo :rotfl:

I will agree, Acts 9'ers are the only ones not getting rich off of their doctrine. And, that tells me something.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The rapture myth came about from a word of prophecy given by a Scottish woman named Margaret MacDonald. It was a spiritual word, to be spiritually understood, but was taken by a man who heard it, into the natural understanding, spread about for him to prosper by and gain materially from.

A close reading of Matt. 13 the parable of the wheat and the tares destroys this myth, as does the understanding of what being born from above (not born again) really is.

Then there is Noah, in whose day only the wicked left the earth; the righteous were raised up above the judgment in the Ark. HE is the Ark of the covenant we are to get into. No one is going to fly away; it's a doctrine whose roots are fear and selfishness. Peace

1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV -

HisServant

People were 'caught up' when they voted for Reagan, or Obama... and the Catholics were 'caught up' when the Pope visited town a few weeks back.