HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
you just have to prove it to God
-what you do will do that

No, you have to prove it to James, but GOD knows the heart.

Show who?
Show 'me', James.
Show 'thee', others.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

But, how does GOD know?

Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, you have to prove it to James, but GOD knows the heart.

Show who?
Show 'me', James.
Show 'thee', others.

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

But, how does GOD know?

Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
why do we have to waste anymore time here
-if
-God knows the heart?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
why do we have to waste anymore time here
-if
-God knows the heart?

It's not a waste of time for the Holy Spirit indwelt believer to take on the ministry of reconciliation as defined by Paul:

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I deserve to go to hell. But I won't, so that puts me in the grace category. If only I had Jesse's will.

journey

Hello Nick M,

I also deserve to go to hell, but God offered me a GIFT. It had to be a gift because I don't deserve anything, and I didn't earn anything. I understood many years later that God calls this "Grace". All I really deserved was punishment. I give thanks every day that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sins - He was buried - but he arose from the dead on the third day - and He's our Living Lord and Saviour forever. I strongly believe this, and I found out many years ago that God calls this "faith". So, I was Saved by God's Grace through faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work of Salvation on the Cross. His precious blood has washed my sins away, and I have been set free from the curse of sin and death. God gets all of the glory, and I have nothing to brag about except Him.

Regarding Salvation, Jesus Christ did pay it all - all to Him we owe - just like the beautiful old hymn.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God allows an invisible Satan creature to fool the whole world, then drowns everyone accept the Satan creature, then condemns his finite children to hell for being fooled by his Satan creature.

Its that kind of logic that nearly sent me out of the pew as a child to tell the preacher he should be arrested for being stupid!

Lon

God allows an invisible Satan creature to fool the whole world, then drowns everyone accept the Satan creature, then condemns his finite children to hell for being fooled by his Satan creature.
Not the whole story, is it... :plain: I can make anything I like 'look' ridiculous. Here let's try: "You mean the U.S. sent people to the moon at the cost of hundreds of millions of dollars to play golf and collect rocks!!!???" See how that works? You aren't as 'brilliant' or intelligent as you think you are.

Its that kind of logic that nearly sent me out of the pew as a child to tell the preacher he should be arrested for being stupid!
Sure, you'd be an arrogant ignorant brat to have done so, not 'brilliant.'

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Not the whole story, is it... :plain: I can make anything I like 'look' ridiculous. Here let's try: "You mean the U.S. sent people to the moon at the cost of hundreds of millions of dollars to play golf and collect rocks!!!???" See how that works? You aren't as 'brilliant' or intelligent as you think you are.

Sure, you'd be an arrogant ignorant brat to have done so, not 'brilliant.'

You don't much like me Lon, and for one simple reason. The things I say have truth in them and that just pisses you off! But there is truth in what you say, I was a spoiled brat, I spoiled myself. But one doesn't need to be "brilliant" to see the stories of the Hebrews don't pass the laugh test.

Of coarse anyone can plainly see that IF the flood story were true, IF God really regretted creating everyone except an ancestor of the flawless people who wrote the story, then obviously he didn't destroy Satan. But that's not all. The authors of the BOR have Satan being locked up for a thousand years but then being let out again????? Maybe you were the teachers pet who allowed yourself to be spoon fed this sort of stuff without question. I'm not! Pardon me and my rebellious nature, but when someone says Jews had Chinese babies then I'm like, errrrm, NO!

And here we are back again, you would have relied on the scripture and the Pharisees to tell you what to think of Jesus.

Good boy Lon, you get a little gold star today for defending the church government.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It was man's job to subdue all things, including Satan. Adam failed. Christ won't.
In other words, you have no real answer so the snarky comment tickles the ears of the insecure for a while anyway, leading to so many unanswered questions. Like wetting your pants on a cold day, warm for a bit but then not so much.

That's one reason I like my book, it explains what happened, who Lucifer was and how he had the power and authority that he abused in "fooling the whole world". It explains who Adam and Eve were, where they came from, why they were on our evolved earth, what happened, and where they are now. It explains why Lucifer, Satan and the other evil ones were not stopped, how and when Jesus defeated them and where they are now. It explains who Jesus was/is, where he came from, what he taught, what he meant, and where he returned to.

Last edited:

Lon

You don't much like me Lon, and for one simple reason. The things I say have truth in them and that just pisses you off!
Er, perhaps half-right. :plain:

But there is truth in what you say, I was a spoiled brat, I spoiled myself. But one doesn't need to be "brilliant" to see the stories of the Hebrews don't pass the laugh test.
Sure, simple minds, simple amusements, but why cast your lot that direction?

Of coarse anyone can plainly see that IF the flood story were true, IF God really regretted creating everyone except an ancestor of the flawless people who wrote the story, then obviously he didn't destroy Satan. But that's not all. The authors of the BOR have Satan being locked up for a thousand years but then being let out again????? Maybe you were the teachers pet who allowed yourself to be spoon fed this sort of stuff without question. I'm not! Pardon me and my rebellious nature, but when someone says Jews had Chinese babies then I'm like, errrrm, NO!
Knee-jerk will do that 'for' you every time. Right? Not by any necessity. I too wrestled with these issues. Unlike you, I didn't jump. I can still wrestle with the text. You can't. Why? You rejected it, jumped ship/bailed, found Urantia stuff. Oddly, you strained a gnat and then proceeded to swallow a camel.

And here we are back again, you would have relied on the scripture and the Pharisees to tell you what to think of Jesus.
I know this is going to surprise you, and that it is yet another point of how shallow your rejection is, but the Pharisees didn't write the Gospels or New Testament. I'll likely have to connect the dots for you in my next post. I don't know how to get you to think critically. You'll protest now :plain:
Good boy Lon, you get a little gold star today for defending the church government.
There are two reasons I correct you. 1) because it is here for posterity and the correction was needed. 2) you need it. I may not come across as well as I'd often like, but this is, in fact, in service to you as well.

SaulToPaul 2

In other words, you have no real answer so the snarky comment tickles the ears of the insecure for while anyway leading to so many unanswered questions. Like wetting your pants on a cold day, warm for a bit but then not so much.

That's one reason I like my book, it explains what happened, who Lucifer was and how he had the power and authority that he abused in "fooling the whole world". It explains who Adam and Eve were, where they came from, why they were on our evolved earth, what happened, and where they are now. It explains why Lucifer, Satan and the other evil ones were not stopped, how and when Jesus defeated them and where they are now. It explains who Jesus was/is, where he came from, what he taught, what he meant, and where he returned to.

I'm a Bible believer. I don't know anything about what you believe, or your book.
Adam's job was to subdue all things. He failed. Christ will not. That's the point of it all.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Er, perhaps half-right. :plain:

Sure, simple minds, simple amusements, but why cast your lot that direction?

Knee-jerk will do that 'for' you every time. Right? Not by any necessity. I too wrestled with these issues. Unlike you, I didn't jump. I can still wrestle with the text. You can't. Why? You rejected it, jumped ship/bailed, found Urantia stuff. Oddly, you strained a gnat and then proceeded to swallow a camel.

I know this is going to surprise you, and that it is yet another point of how shallow your rejection is, but the Pharisees didn't write the Gospels or New Testament. I'll likely have to connect the dots for you in my next post. I don't know how to get you to think critically. You'll protest now :plain:

There are two reasons I correct you. 1) because it is here for posterity and the correction was needed. 2) you need it. I may not come across as well as I'd often like, but this is, in fact, in service to you as well.

You didn't get something, I wasn't saying the Pharisees wrote the gospels, I meant they were the leaders of the common Jewish believer, they were the defenders of the scripture, they were the ones who were dismissive of Jesus as a mere boy who also dare to ask questions of the church leaders. Then as an adult Jesus was dismissed by the same "experts" of the law because they thought like you think. And here you accuse me of not thinking critically?????Who can be a critical thinker and buy the Bible as a document of perfection?????

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'm a Bible believer. I don't know anything about what you believe, or your book.
Adam's job was to subdue all things. He failed. Christ will not. That's the point of it all.

It was Eve and Adams job to remain loyal to their superiors in the face of the previously fallen beast on a previously fallen, populated world.

Earlier I pointed out what seems to me to be a reasonable observation and question, according to the authors of the Bible God destroyed all the wicked people on the earth, except he kept Satan????? And the earth got all wicked again real fast. So, silly me, I would have though he should have gotten rid of Satan while he was at it, after all, he did get cross with the beast and curse him to????

I have an answer, the flood never happened, these questions wouldn't arise in spoiled brat Caino and God wouldn't be portrayed in this way. We wouldn't have this conflict.