HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How many posters on TOL consider themselves to be "Grace Gospel Believers?" A GGB is one who believes that one must hear the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. They also believe that they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe the Holy Spirit baptizes (not by water) the true believer into the Body of Christ.

They also believe they cannot lose their 'position' in Christ. They believe faith is the only prerequisite to receiving God's Grace. Which is a free gift to those who place no faith in themselves or their actions, but ALL their faith in Christ who shed His blood and resurrected from the grave. They also believe we're living in the "Dispensation of Grace" that the Apostle Paul spoke of.

They also are guaranteed eternal life in the here and now and need not worry about their Spiritual destination after leaving this world. They follow the Gospel that the "Ascended Christ" gave to the Apostle Paul. Last but not least the Grace Gospel is for the Jew as well as the Gentile today and the Gospel is for everybody, not just the so-called Elect.

Predi

I thought I was one until I read that definition :)

I believe God's grace is so big that it applies even to those who failed to hear Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I thought I was one until I read that definition :)

I believe God's grace is so big that it applies even to those who failed to hear Paul.

You have the right to believe whatever you wish. However, when one's eternal destination is at stake it's best to make sure you're believing in the one and only truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe Paul's teachings are not essential to salvation. Righteous Abel was the first person to be saved by Christ's grace.

Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible, not the New Testament.

Predi

You have the right to believe whatever you wish. However, when one's eternal destination is at stake it's best to make sure you're believing in the one and only truth.

I believed this for many years and I was sure that's what the Bible taught. Just a few years ago I realized that if that were true I should see Paul urging everyone to preach without ceasing... I should see him worrying about fellow Christians' family members, who leave this world for eternal damnation.

Well, I found nothing of this kind in the Bible.

I don't want to argue, I was just drawn to this topic by the title and wanted to explain why I consider myself a grace believer, but my definition of grace is much shorter :)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How many posters on TOL consider themselves to be "Grace Gospel Believers?" A GGB is one who believes that one must hear the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. They also believe that they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Cc: [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13754]exminister[/MENTION]

What evidence do you have that you are sealed by the spirit? :sherlock: Mt 7:20 Tell us all about putting sin behind you and you new found relationship with your Lord and Savior. :blabla:

If you claim a verse of scripture, :listen: be sure it belongs to you (Zech. 13:1, 1 Jn 3:14).

See:

The Power of the Resurrection Michael Youssef

Also see:

What is antinomianism?
What is easy believism?
What is Free Grace Theology?
What is cheap grace?
What is the emerging / emergent church movement?

Related:

Lordship
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
Where is Prince Now?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
How many posters on TOL consider themselves to be "Grace Gospel Believers?" A GGB is one who believes that one must hear the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. They also believe that they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe the Holy Spirit baptizes (not by water) the true believer into the Body of Christ.

They also believe they cannot lose their 'position' in Christ. They believe faith is the only prerequisite to receiving God's Grace. Which is a free gift to those who place no faith in themselves or their actions, but ALL their faith in Christ who shed His blood and resurrected from the grave. They also believe we're living in the "Dispensation of Grace" that the Apostle Paul spoke of.

They also are guaranteed eternal life in the here and now and need not worry about their Spiritual destination after leaving this world. They follow the Gospel that the "Ascended Christ" gave to the Apostle Paul. Last but not least the Grace Gospel is for the Jew as well as the Gentile today and the Gospel is for everybody, not just the so-called Elect.

"Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

Epoisses

I consider myself a grace gospel believer. I affirm all five solas of the Reformation and believe in grace alone by faith alone in Christ alone.

I personally enjoy grace based speakers like Joseph Prince who are mocked by many.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He did use Hebrew Bible, but what he taught from was direct revelation from the Lord, wasn't it?

Paul taught the Jews that the law does not of itself produce salvation. Paul taught Gentiles they were included in the Abrahamic covenant.

There was nothing new in either of these teachings. Christ taught circumcision of the heart through Moses.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Oh, darn it Serpy
GM will now tell us how much he hates the world system (Jas 4:4).
blanket_by_wooded_wolf.gif

glorydaz

Cc: [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13754]exminister[/MENTION]

What evidence do you have that you are sealed by the spirit? :sherlock: Mt 7:20 Tell us all about putting sin behind you and you new found relationship with your Lord and Savior. :blabla:

If you claim a verse of scripture, :listen: be sure it belongs to you (Zech. 13:1, 1 Jn 3:14).

See:

The Power of the Resurrection Michael Youssef

Also see:

What is antinomianism?
What is easy believism?
What is Free Grace Theology?
What is cheap grace?
What is the emerging / emergent church movement?

Related:

Lordship
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus

Why do you keep doing this? Is it because you don't have assurance of your own salvation?