HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
This is ridiculous- acting as if Calvinists do not believe in grace and the Gospel.

It just shows you all's incompetence in theology. You will find the brightest among Protestantism hold to predestination theology- you're not even Protestant if you believe otherwise :rolleyes:

There's only one Gospel, and it's TULIP you extravagant morons :)

You just proved my point pal. Calvinists are arrogant, egocentric, argumentative and angry. You fit the profile perfectly my friend and fellow poster. You are one proud follower of the murderer John Calvin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists like Crucible think highly of themselves and their opinions. However, what they think and what is, are two different things. He thinks of himself as the "Cat's Meow" whereas, he's actually a tiny squeaking mouse. Therein lies the difference.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I sympathize with his lackluster plight. I mean, in reality, he's just a disembodied "voice" on the Internet like the rest of us. Yet, he desires to have his opinion "stand out."

whitestone

indeed,we bang away on the keyboard and spill our guts. One bangs away Grace,while those who are antichrist explain the things we should do in place of the things they reason any good replacement Savior would have done if he was the actual Christ,,,"send in the back up Savior,#666",,,

journey

To the OP,

Amen! - Good post. Yes, I am a Grace Gospel believer.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him (1 Jn 3:3–15). :juggle:

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
How many posters on TOL consider themselves to be "Grace Gospel Believers?" A GGB is one who believes that one must hear the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. They also believe that they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe the Holy Spirit baptizes (not by water) the true believer into the Body of Christ.

They also believe they cannot lose their 'position' in Christ. They believe faith is the only prerequisite to receiving God's Grace. Which is a free gift to those who place no faith in themselves or their actions, but ALL their faith in Christ who shed His blood and resurrected from the grave. They also believe we're living in the "Dispensation of Grace" that the Apostle Paul spoke of.

They also are guaranteed eternal life in the here and now and need not worry about their Spiritual destination after leaving this world. They follow the Gospel that the "Ascended Christ" gave to the Apostle Paul. Last but not least the Grace Gospel is for the Jew as well as the Gentile today and the Gospel is for everybody, not just the so-called Elect.

A conservative estimate would be about 10%. The rest are just religious.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I believe Paul's teachings are not essential to salvation.
What a stupid thing to believe. The Bible tells us that there is a gospel (the gospel of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV today to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

Paul was given that gospel by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It was before a mystery Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

If the gospel that is the power of God to save everyone that believeth was given to Paul and preached by Paul (and it was), then it stands to reason that "Paul's teachings" (particularly the gospel Paul preached) ARE "essential to salvation".

heir

TOL Subscriber
I believed this for many years and I was sure that's what the Bible taught. Just a few years ago I realized that if that were true I should see Paul urging everyone to preach without ceasing... I should see him worrying about fellow Christians' family members, who leave this world for eternal damnation.

Well, I found nothing of this kind in the Bible.
Paul writes that God chose the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV) and what is it that will save them that believe, but the gospel that Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Is that the gospel you preach?

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is ridiculous- acting as if Calvinists do not believe in grace and the Gospel.

It just shows you all's incompetence in theology. You will find the brightest among Protestantism hold to predestination theology- you're not even Protestant if you believe otherwise :rolleyes:

There's only one Gospel, and it's TULIP you extravagant morons :)
When did you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the gospel of your salvation?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You just proved my point pal. Calvinists are arrogant, egocentric, argumentative and angry. You fit the profile perfectly my friend and fellow poster. You are one proud follower of the murderer John Calvin.

Is that why there are a million anti-Calvinist threads and few vice versa :idunno:

Some get tired of the constant riffraff of people so desperate to attack their belief, wailing nonstop with a million errant claims and then when one comes along that's worth talking about- you all think you've beaten the theology.

It's blatant, proud ignorance that would never be displayed somewhere within the confines of reason- only here, where almighty ignorance is a golden calf when one is in doubt.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
When did you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the gospel of your salvation?

I need not reply to such shenanigans. I'm a traditional Protestant who holds to the integral cores of the Reformation, not some oddity of the 19th century.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So, you are basically a reformed catholic?

calvinist_symbol.png

Calvinism (also called the Reformed tradition, Reformed Christianity, or the Reformed faith) is a major branch of Protestantism that follows the theological tradition and forms of Christian practice of John Calvin and other Reformation-era theologians.

There you go. I even made it look nice, just for you :wave2:

Predi

Paul writes that God chose the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV) and what is it that will save them that believe, but the gospel that Paul preached (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Is that the gospel you preach?

How could I not? The problem is I don't think the term "salvation" to most Christians today means what it meant to Paul. The question is - what is salvation? "Save/salvation" are common words in the Bible in both Greek and Hebrew so... the context is everything.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How could I not? The problem is I don't think the term "salvation" to most Christians today means what it meant to Paul. The question is - what is salvation? "Save/salvation" are common words in the Bible in both Greek and Hebrew so... the context is everything.

Salvation is immortality. Jesus is the first of many to attain immortality (salvation from death).