HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

glorydaz

Your next thread: :sherlock: God lovin' me while I'm lovin' sin
slow-dance-smiley.gif
1 Jn 2:15

New creatures don't love sin if that's what you're thinking.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How many posters on TOL consider themselves to be "Grace Gospel Believers?" A GGB is one who believes that one must hear the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) and place their faith in Christ as their Savior. They also believe that they are sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, they believe the Holy Spirit baptizes (not by water) the true believer into the Body of Christ.

They also believe they cannot lose their 'position' in Christ. They believe faith is the only prerequisite to receiving God's Grace. Which is a free gift to those who place no faith in themselves or their actions, but ALL their faith in Christ who shed His blood and resurrected from the grave. They also believe we're living in the "Dispensation of Grace" that the Apostle Paul spoke of.

They also are guaranteed eternal life in the here and now and need not worry about their Spiritual destination after leaving this world. They follow the Gospel that the "Ascended Christ" gave to the Apostle Paul. Last but not least the Grace Gospel is for the Jew as well as the Gentile today and the Gospel is for everybody, not just the so-called Elect.

Count me in!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
New creatures don't love sin if that's what you're thinking.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.​
I'd ask GM to examine :sherlock: his new creatureness (2 Co 13:5).
butterfly_rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif
He'd take offense to that and place me on ignore (Eph 4:14).
noway.gif

Predi

There was nothing new in either of these teachings.

Nothing new?

No, we declare God's wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7)

This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. (...) God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness, the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. (Colossians 1)

Zeke

The Way was the same yesterday and today, ever since Divine off springs/Souls have incarnated, And the way back has always been within us no matter the age, Grace being the overcoming tool that has no label or egocentric/pride that preach exclusions built by doctrines of men.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Another ridiculously dumb anti-Calvinist thread :rolleyes:

People who don't realize the grace and your ample misunderstanding of Calvinism, pat each other on the back and call an angel a demon.
That's what false witnessing, time wasting, remarkably simple minded folk do after all- you should more concerned about actual blasphemers and enemies of God than the ORIGINAL DOCTRINES WHICH FREED YOU FROM THE POPE :doh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Another ridiculously dumb anti-Calvinist thread :rolleyes:

People who don't realize the grace and your ample misunderstanding of Calvinism, pat each other on the back and call an angel a demon.
That's what false witnessing, time wasting, remarkably simple minded folk do after all- you should more concerned about actual blasphemers and enemies of God than the ORIGINAL DOCTRINES WHICH FREED YOU FROM THE POPE :doh:

Well, at least, you have an opinion. That's a good start. I'm of an opinion that Calvinists misinterpret Scriptures to fit nicely into their false doctrine. Furthermore, I believe that Calvinists (Reformed folks) have to change the Character and intent of the God of the Bible in order to make Him fit into their false Gospel. (Another Gospel) Your turn.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'm of an opinion that "Calvinism" (Reformed Theology) is a form of cultist belief and denies the obvious truths of Scripture.

How is it 'cultist' belief when it is the historical core of the ENTIRE REFORMATION :freak:

It IS the obvious truth of Scripture, that is why IT WAS PUT FORTH IN THE FIRST PLACE.

If you want heresy, just refer to your actual cultist belief that started in the 1800's among oddball American society :rolleyes: