How high is your IQ?

Lon

IQ averages:
The average IQ in the US is 98, though that isn't because we don't have a high populace of high intelligence (see here by state).

Don't be too put off by averages one way or the other by comparison, though, because many of the higher ones involve countries where their lower IQ population can't take the test.

What does IQ mean, and what doesn't it mean?

It means those with higher scores think more quickly and come at problems in a more complex manner, and it means you likely do better on tests as well as find them easier than those with lower scores.

It also reveals an interest in academic endeavors. It can go up and down by as much as 20 points, but is generally consistent in many of us.

It has a bit to do with how well one takes tests, so is a measure based on academic endeavors. It doesn't predict how well you will necessarily do in school. Einstein didn't always do well in school. Most of the time, it is due to boredom.

The Berean

Was it this test?

_____
The DENSA test
  1. Do they have a 4th of July in England? (Yes/No) Yes. England uses the same calendar as the USA
  2. How many birthdays does the average man have? Every man has one day of birth.
  3. Some months have 31 days; some months have 30. How many have 28 days? (every month has at least 28 days.)
  4. How many outs are there in an inning? (every inning has 6 outs, 3 each for each team)
  5. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister? (Yes/No) (Non-sequtir. If a man has a widow the man is dead!)
  6. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10, what is the answer? (70)
  7. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have? (YOU have 2 apples.)
  8. A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half an hour. How many minutes will the pills last? (The pills will last 60 minutes. pill 1 at time 0, pill 2 at 30 min, and pill 3 at 60 minutes)
  9. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left? (9 left)
  10. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark? (There were no animals inside the Ark of the Covenant)
  11. A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10" tall. What does he weigh? (The clerk weighs meat)
  12. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen? (12 stamps)
  13. A plane crashes on the Canadian - US border. In which country you bury the survivors? (you don't bury survivors, they are still alive!)
  14. What is the least amount of coins it takes to make 55 cents if one of the coins is a quarter? (three coins, 2 quarters and 1 nickel.)
_____​

How'd I do?! :banana:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Over 140 - Genius or almost genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Average or normal intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency in intelligence
Under 70 - Feeble-mindedness

The Berean

I did answer #10 slightly differently. The website said that Noah, not Moses, was on the Ark and I referenced a different "ark", the Ark of the Covenant.

Arthur Brain

Mine is the highest possible break in snooker divided by the same plus the second prime number. Then add the highest possible batting score in an over in cricket (sans no balls/wides) to the total. Following this add a 'bakers dozen' and multiply the total by two and then add the number of squares on a standard chess board plus two. Subtract the number of the 'Paul Hardcastle hit song' from the 80's and then further subtract the number of hours Kiefer Sutherland had in order to neutralize a terrorist threat of some sort...

Anyone who bothers to try to work this out is not only sad they'll also receive some pos rep with obligatory abuse attached...

:plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rules of the game:
  • no numbers allowed
  • be honest
  • be creative

If you are posting how high your IQ is, you must provide some unusual comparison on how high it is without giving away the real number.

Example: my IQ is higher than my best bowling score.
Since I am not giving away my best bowling score, my IQ could be higher than a lousy bowling score, or it could be higher than a great bowling score, or somewhere in between.

Example: my IQ is higher than the number of seeds in an orange but lower than the number of seeds in a pomegranate.
Since a seedless orange has no seeds and a pomegranate has many times the number seeds as the average IQ number, this is a very large range.

So, how high is your IQ?
As high as "up" is.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mine is the highest possible break in snooker divided by the same plus the second prime number. Then add the highest possible batting score in an over in cricket (sans no balls/wides) to the total. Following this add a 'bakers dozen' and multiply the total by two and then add the number of squares on a standard chess board plus two. Subtract the number of the 'Paul Hardcastle hit song' from the 80's and then further subtract the number of hours Kiefer Sutherland had in order to neutralize a terrorist threat of some sort...

Anyone who bothers to try to work this out is not only sad they'll also receive some pos rep with obligatory abuse attached...

i have the answer. rep me first - jk :patrol:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Between the categories of "gifted" and "genius" according to the charts. It's an overrated thing though

Lon

You and your STUPID club!!!

Mine is the highest possible break in snooker

155 or 147? We play REAL football, and REAL baseball and REAL pool in the United States (REAL meaning we have NO idea what you blokes do over there or how you got started in it so have no concept of reality other than).
divided by the same plus the second prime number.
147/147 = 1 155/155 = 1

1+3=4

Then add the highest possible batting score in an over in cricket (sans no balls/wides) to the total.

4+77 = 81

Following this add a 'bakers dozen'
13 +81=94

and multiply the total by two and then add the number of squares on a standard chess board plus two.
94 X 2 + 66 = 254

Subtract the number of the 'Paul Hardcastle hit song' from the 80's
:doh: From 80-what?

254-19 +85 = 320
and then further subtract the number of hours Kiefer Sutherland had in order to neutralize a terrorist threat of some sort...

:idunno: -24? :think: :noway:

Lon

Uh oh.
Lon broke the no numbers rule.
I think that was only when expressing your own. Mine is higher than the sands on the seashore and lower than the # on a one-way sign.....wait, what were we talking about?

Besides, Arthur said "80's!" first!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think that was only when expressing your own. Mine is higher than the sands on the seashore and lower than the # on a one-way sign.....wait, what were we talking about?

Besides, Arthur said "80's!" first!
OK. We'll let that one slide.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't know about the Kiefer Sutherland question as never watched it but assuming it is less than or equal to 24 would give you a minimum of a gross less a score.
By the way, 147 is not the highest possible break in snooker. Not that it changes anything. Go on bring on the abuse!