How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

rexlunae

If you kill islam there would not be any muslims, all you have to do is warn them to leave mecca and then blow up their big black rock, and boom there goes islam because they would believe it all false if that was blown up since they believe allah would never allow it to happen.

Easy.

You are just exactly the counterpart Daesh needs, their perfect mirror in every way. You should be ashamed, if you were capable of such emotion.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you kill islam there would not be any muslims, all you have to do is warn them to leave mecca and then blow up their big black rock, and boom there goes islam because they would believe it all false if that was blown up since they believe allah would never allow it to happen.

Easy.
It's too analogical with Titus's AD 70 Jerusalem temple razing for me. That didn't end Judaism, not even a little. I wouldn't expect Islam to end, even if both Medina and Mecca were glassed, and the Dome of the rock was melted down into ingots and slag. :idunno:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I would leave the mosque on the mount. After you nuke Mecca and Riyadh, the mosque can be disassembled and the temple excavated by the Israelis.
When the Church crushes Islam, I'd imagine that everything over there is suddenly going to get a whole lot easier for everybody.

Unlike many centuries ago, there's no such thing today, as anyone who really and seriously believes in Greek, Roman, or Norse myths. What changed? The Church decimated these false religions/paganisms. They're dead as a doornail, and Islam will be too.

eider

Whereas if some of you nutters had your way and WWIII happened you'd just sit in the driveway and wait for the rapture to happen?

Absolute lunacy. Horrific.

What did that other righteous member say? Some thing about 'mental illnress is exacerbated by sin'...?
There are cases popping up all over this thread. :D
Just imagine, try and imagine.... just for one second..... that such folks as these bigots ran the World.
OK? Done? Now relax and enjoy the present situation, because however bad it gets, it can't be that bad!

On the side:
J Corbyn has claimed that our terrorist incidents at home are either caused or fueled by our aggression abroad. However wrong his politics might be, his speech writers got this right, imo. We've surely been right little warmongers all over the Mid-East, and, for instance, our efforts to overthrow Gaddafi have almost certainly caused massive instability here. Even that thug Saddam held down control within Iraq. I know that there was little justice in his rule, but there was control.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

Statistically, the probability of being killed in a terrorist attack is the same as being hit by an asteroid!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Statistically, the probability of being killed in a terrorist attack is the same as being hit by an asteroid!
That is a bald faced lie, there have been multiple thousands killed in terrorist attacks and none of them were hit by an asteroid, you fool

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's too analogical with Titus's AD 70 Jerusalem temple razing for me. That didn't end Judaism, not even a little. I wouldn't expect Islam to end, even if both Medina and Mecca were glassed, and the Dome of the rock was melted down into ingots and slag. :idunno:

surely it's worth a try?

rexlunae

Islam would die if Mecca was cratered. That is a fact.

You really think a billion people whose entire lives are built around the religion would just give it up in a snap if a bunch of Christians got together and destroyed their holy site? Just, en masse they'd all convert to something else? I think that's downright delusional, in addition to being a Daesh-level war crime.

musterion

You really think a billion people whose entire lives are built around the religion would just give it up in a snap if a bunch of Christians got together and destroyed their holy site? Just, en masse they'd all convert to something else? I think that's downright delusional, in addition to being a Daesh-level war crime.

Islam would die.

rexlunae

i think they'd all collapse like a puppet with its strings cut

And what? The people would just disappear? They'd stop going to their mosques? They wouldn't ask their religious leaders for guidance? And those leaders wouldn't come up with anything?

I think you're delusional.