How did you come up with that name?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How did you come up with that name?

Studying the Psalms and the other Psalms in other books of Scripture. And benefiting from Charles H. Spurgeon's "The Treasury of David" ~ So when I thought about the user name Psalmist, it fit.​

Buzzword

When I first registered, here and on a much less open Christian forum, I had a very large chip on my shoulder regarding the massive number of hollow cliches thrown around the church in place of real answers to the more complex questions being asked by young people today.

The questions are complex, so how can the answers be simple?

Kinda the same reasoning C.S. Lewis used in Mere Christianity to contrast the apparent simplicity of the world to its highly complex reality.
If what our senses can detect is not simple, how then can something we claim to be "higher" than what our senses can detect be simple?

Thus, Buzzword.
Constantly on the lookout for them to tear them down and replace them with educated responses.

"Clichés are the bane of educated mankind."
-P.C. Cast, Divine By Mistake

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mine is a fictional tree fortress from an unpublished work--The Helmsman. She rather iconic in the story representing the conservative traditional family side.

Krsto

Take a wild guess...

Hmmm . . . I dunno. A Google search on samstarrett gives us this character - Is this you?

When we first meet Sam Starrett, he's one of those big time jerks that you just want to slap upside his head. He says rude and sexist things to get a rise out of Alyssa Locke, but the man has a heart of gold. He may be a goofball and a dork, but he gets the job done. Nothing is more important to him than his job. He's a big, bad Navy SEAL and it actually means something to him

Refractive

I really did not put much thought into it or have a specific reason.......................

I am not to be confused with a fighter-plane of central importance to the United Kingdom's war effort some 70 years ago, in any case.
Lupe_Velez_in_Laughing_Boy_trailer.jpg

Lupe Valdez, the "Mexican Spitfire"

Refractive

When I first registered here it was to offset something Cruciform said in a thread I was lurking in.

I thought "refractive" offset "cruciform" rather nicely.

Krsto

He came from an Orthodox culture and I guess Krsto was about as Christian of a name as he could come up with from there. He thought Krsto Popovic would be quite the full name.

When I was in Costa Rica the Ticas called me Manuel. The Ticos just called me Senior. :)

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
It's my stage name. I'm a drag queen that dresses in a cybergoth/cyberpunk style with an appreciation of classic literature and mythology and I drive a 66 VW Beetle.

Refractive

He came from an Orthodox culture and I guess Krsto was about as Christian of a name as he could come up with from there. He thought Krsto Popovic would be quite the full name.

When I was in Costa Rica the Ticas called me Manuel. The Ticos just called me Senior. :)
Oh! I thought maybe you worked for the Red Cross. (I have no imagination!)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I realized at the outset I'd be taking unpopular stands often enough. I don't tend to tow any completely orthodox line or feel comfortable in a particular, established ideological skin.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What if one is unsure about sticking around? Might one choose one letter, such as K? Then it is K to you, how simple!