ECT How alone is Grace alone salvation?

How alone is Grace alone salvation?

• Total voters

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Adam made this choice as federal head of the human race. When he chose to not believe God, he suffered spiritual and physical death, and all his offspring were imputed with the same death sentence as he. And it was irreversible under the Law and Covenant of Works. IOW's no man since Adam can work his way out of this death sentence and appease the holy anger of Creator God.

This is nonsense and totally unscriptural. You cannot biblically prove this at all.

Uh, what do platitudes such as this prove?

This is not scripturally sound . . it is merely invented from the minds of men. More platitudes; not Truth revealed by God.

Bah . . .

I am smart enough not to buy into your unbiblical deceptions.

You are the best "unintentional comedian" ever. I would pay to laugh at your theological opinions.

Don't log out! Keep it coming... I couldn't pay to be this entertained!

Spiritual Typification that is outside of Nangs Commentary confuses him.

Spoiler alert... Ezekiel 28:14

Jerry Shugart

Adam made this choice as federal head of the human race. When he chose to not believe God, he suffered spiritual and physical death, and all his offspring were imputed with the same death sentence as he.

No, all men die spiritually because of their own sin and not as a result of Adam's sin.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death"
(Jas.1:14-15).​

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

From all of this we can understand that a person does not emerge from the womb in a state described as being spiritually dead. If a person is born spiritually dead as a result of Adam's sin then it would be impossible for him to die spiritually as a result of his own sin. That is because a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually. The very definition of "death" demands that a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually: "the end of life" (Merriam-Webster.com.).

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No, all men die spiritually because of their own sin and not as a result of Adam's sin.

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death"
(Jas.1:14-15).​

"What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death...For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Ro.6:21,23).​

From all of this we can understand that a person does not emerge from the womb in a state described as being spiritually dead. If a person is born spiritually dead as a result of Adam's sin then it would be impossible for him to die spiritually as a result of his own sin. That is because a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually. The very definition of "death" demands that a person must be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually: "the end of life" (Merriam-Webster.com.).

I know you are a man of restraint in your words... but ... forgive me...

Preach it Brother Jerry! Crack that hard clay! ..... AaaaaaaMen!!!!!

:thumb:

Jerry Shugart

Both. All the offspring of Adam were imputed with a death sentence, due to Adam's federal headship, and they also are held accountable for their own sins.

A person cannot die spiritually as a result of Adam's sin and then die again spiritually because of his own sin because he has to be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel by Nang...

God knew Adam was going to Eat of the tree. Places Adam in the Garden... "Slips away for a bit"... Eve messes up at the deceit of the serpent...

God shows up and doesn't just drop the bam on Adam and Eve but punishes all humanity, by predestination... mind you.

Yup.... makes perfect sense....

[MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION].... # Nope

Nang's version has God saying "Don't eat of the fruit" ... while winking at the audience and implying the word... "Sucker"

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
A person cannot die spiritually as a result of Adam's sin and then die again spiritually because of his own sin because he has to be alive spiritually before he can die spiritually.

Sir Jerry,

I couldn't agree with you more!

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? (Fruit of the Eternal Father that is Blameless and TriUne) Certainly not! (Affirmed) On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. (Did God give us the fruit or tell us not to eat it?). For I would not have known covetousness (Covet what? Isaiah 14:14) unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, (1 Cor. 15:54f, 56) taking opportunity by the commandment (1 Cor. 15:56), produced in me all manner of evil desire. (Heb. 2:14) For apart from the law sin was dead. (Gen. 2:16) 9 I was alive once without the law (Gen. 3:5) , but when the commandment came (Gen. 3:7 ... the opposite of 2 Cor. 5:7) , sin revived and I died (Heb. 2:14). 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life (John 16:9), I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me (Gen. 3:5 ... Rev. 12:9), and by it killed me. (Heb. 2:14) 12 Therefore the law is holy (Mk. 10:18), and the commandment holy and just (Gal. 3:24) and good. (Mk. 10:18)

Whoops... is that the original counter doctrine to the "false doctrine" of "Predestined original sin"?

What's the true doctrine of original sin? (John 16:9; Isaiah 14:14; Proverbs 16:18; Ezekiel 28:17; Obadiah 1:4; Mt. 23:12; 1 Pt. 5:6; Heb. 2:14; Gen. 3:5; 1Co. 15:54f; 56; Rev. 12:9)

Classical Origonal Sin Counter Doctrine Courtesy of the Apostel Paul? Yep!!!

Scriptural Royal Flush... Jesus wins ALL! (John 5:39f ... John 16:9 ... Ephesians 2:8f)

Last edited:

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)>
John 16:9 The world’s sin is unbelief in me; 10 there is righteousness available because I go to the Father and you shall see me no more; 11 there is deliverance from judgment because the prince of this world has already been judged.

That author assumed you understood this... That same author wrote John 6:29; 63.

Above All... the Bible's Author said... (John 5:39, 40)

Jesus would call you the leavening...
John would label you a Pharisee
Paul would wish that you circumcised all of yourself to keep your vile leavening from spreading.

You are setting yourself up to do the Holy Spirit's Job and are therefore clearly in league with (Is. 14:14) now.

Do you believe Jesus is YHWH?
John was specifically talking about a group of Gnostics who had invaded the various Churches under his care. The Gnostics believed they possessed a deposit of divine essence inside that could not be changed no matter how much carnality they engaged in. John was saying that practicing a lifestyle of sin is inconsistent with being a child of God. Shall we call John a 'Pharisee" for saying true Christians do not live in sin? Were his words, spoken against the antinomianism of the Gnostics, "leaven" that Christians should avoid? I think they are just as applicable to modern antinomian Christians who believe they are free to live perpetually in sin because all their transgressions, past, present and future are forgiven.

Yes, Jesus is YHWH.

Awe . . . that's too bad, but it is not surprising that Evil would still seek to devour his own brother even after such an admission. However what it does reveal is that the vicious attacks really have nothing to do with core principles but rather the scripture you quote and how you allow that scripture to mold your thinking. Though I do not agree with your confession, ("Jesus is YHWH"), I have enjoyed your posting and it was nice to meet you. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Awe . . . that's too bad, but it is not surprising that Evil would still seek to devour his own brother even after such an admission. However what it does reveal is that the vicious attacks really have nothing to do with core principles but rather the scripture you quote and how you allow that scripture to mold your thinking. Though I do not agree with your confession, ("Jesus is YHWH"), I have enjoyed your posting and it was nice to meet you. :)

Says the Christ Rejector

Though you don't believe Jesus is YHWH... you also agree that Jesus Blood (AKA.. God's Blood) accomplished nothing but reinforcement of the Law.... Cozey on up there bud... you loves you those works based don't you Daqqy?

Who wanted Jesus to turn the Stones to bread? Who's the lamb of God that "Takes away the sin of the world?" Who became our curse... according to Galatians?

Who couldn't understand my counter scripture?

Who seeks to condemn all who believe Jesus is God and our source of Salvation by Faith as all scripture teaches and Daqq denies?

I know I'm doing good when the serpents come out to play?

daqq

Says the Christ Rejector

Though you don't believe Jesus is YHWH... you also agree that Jesus Blood (AKA.. God's Blood) accomplished nothing but reinforcement of the Law.... Cozey on up there bud... you loves you those works based don't you Daqqy?

Who wanted Jesus to turn the Stones to bread? Who's the lamb of God that "Takes away the sin of the world?" Who became our curse... according to Galatians?

Who couldn't understand my counter scripture?

Who seeks to condemn all who believe Jesus is God and our source of Salvation by Faith as all scripture teaches and Daqq denies?

I know I'm doing good when the serpents come out to play?

Are you going to add a full wall to this post after I leave as you usually do?
Sorry, not interested in your rantings. :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That is a lie. I have never rejected Messiah.
You however continually reject his holy Testimony.

Did Jesus atone for all human sin that all we must do is believe and as our propitiation... God sees us as instantly right with Him as if we were His perfect Son... Who is The Very Face of YHWH.. (Col. 1:15).. and thus John 10:30 means He is our... (Is. 43:11; Lk. 2:11)?

Do you empty the power of His Cross with Idle Prattle?