Hi, I'm Poly

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is a "Jello Christian" you may ask?

Well, I'll be more than happy to tell you. This is a Christian with no backbone. He/she has not really studied up on the real meat of the word and doesn't know how to rightly divide it.

Just so you know, those people are very small in numbers on TOL and in the world. The real problem is the wolf. They look like that soft sheep (jello soft) who needs to be herded. It is a subtil act. TOL is my evidence.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am too hypocritical, racist and wrong-headed to even THINK about starting a new ministry. For the last 30-40 years, however, I have been emphasizing a relationship with Jesus that calls for "right action" rather than "belief."When Christians insist that belonging to the faith means giving one's assent to a list of ancient theologies and beliefs, they leave Jesus behind.You might pay attention to the posts from Meshak. I cannot say that she hasn't tried to re-introduce posters to Jesus of Nazareth, but the immature attacks on her show me that Christians are uncomfortable with the preaching of Jesus.And with good reason.

:darwinsm:

:mock: meshak

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:darwinsm:

:mock: meshak
Exactly! Meshak provokes anger and upset because of her focus on the ethics of Jesus of Nazareth. The "Wanna
Get To Heaven" believers can't handle her. Instead of facing what she is really saying, they mock and taunt her instead.

Some of the posters here even used to try and make fun of her picture!

This is why people of the world are turning against both Christianity and Islam. They are both bigoted, hypocritical, other-worldly, patriarchal, elitist and frankly immature.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am too hypocritical, racist and wrong-headed to even THINK about starting a new ministry. ? For the last 30-40 years, however, I have been emphasizing a relationship with Jesus that calls for "right action" rather than "belief."

When Christians insist that belonging to the faith means giving one's assent to a list of ancient theologies and beliefs, they leave Jesus behind.

You might pay attention to the posts from Meshak. I cannot say that she hasn't tried to re-introduce posters to Jesus of Nazareth, but the immature attacks on her show me that Christians are uncomfortable with the preaching of Jesus. she isn't correct many times and does not practice what she preaches

And with good reason.
and for no reason

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly! Meshak provokes anger and upset because of her focus on the ethics of Jesus of Nazareth. The "Wanna Get To Heaven" believers can't handle her. Instead of facing what she is really saying, they mock and taunt her instead.Some of the posters here even used to try and make fun of her picture!This is why people of the world are turning against both Christianity and Islam. They are both bigoted, hypocritical, other-worldly, patriarchal, elitist and frankly immature.

:rotfl:

:mock: aikido.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:

:mock: aikido.
Your "little toddler" reaction is to be expected.

*sigh*

Come back when you can engage me maturely and respectfully. I welcome good criticism. In fact, it's one of the only ways I can learn something different.

"A very popular error, having the courage of one's convictions. Rather, we should have the courage for an ATTACK on one's convictions."

--Frederich Nietzsche.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So a reference to scripture is non-specific and immature?
When the verse is not parsed, when the original meaning is deliberately ignored and when the verse's application to our global culture is not made, I consider theological commentary as non-specific.

The manner of many posts on this website are clearly immature and often cruel and hurtful.

It also helps to be able to separate what is history and fact from the legends and metaphors in Scripture as well....

...As in:

Jesus was a man: statement of FACT.
Jesus was the Son of God, the Messiah, etc: statements of FAITH.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the verse is not parsed, when the original meaning is deliberately ignored and when the verse's application to our global culture is not made, I consider theological commentary as non-specific. The manner of many posts on this website are clearly immature and often cruel and hurtful.It also helps to be able to separate what is history and fact from the legends and metaphors in Scripture as well.......As in:Jesus was a man: statement of FACT.Jesus was the Son of God, the Messiah, etc: statements of FAITH.

This is the nonsense that evolutionists always pull out when they know they have to disagree with what the Bible plainly says. However, when it comes to a verse they can use to further their own agenda, everyone who disagrees with them is reprobate. :chuckle:

IMJerusha

This is the nonsense that evolutionists always pull out when they know they have to disagree with what the Bible plainly says. However, when it comes to a verse they can use to further their own agenda, everyone who disagrees with them is reprobate. :chuckle:

Stripe, evolutionists don't have the corner on that market.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Good observation.

Alas, these sorts of responses come out from human beings when they really do not once to seriously consider what is actually going on. I know this is a fact only because I myself regrettably use facts, evidence and data in ways that are self-serving to me and defensive and arrogant to others.

The only person in history who has been able to act, listen, speak and love others without getting into such conflict dynamics was Jesus of Nazareth.

This is why he was called God, the Son of God, the Messiah, Lord and all the other elevated titles after his death.

He--in my view--is definitely worth picking up my own cross and trying to follow him.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only person in history who has been able to act, listen, speak and love others without getting into such conflict dynamics was Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus got executed because He would not back down from the truth.

You paint a picture of Him that is modeled upon your pacifist, homo-loving agenda. :vomit: