Hi, I'm Poly

journey

Hello Poly,

Welcome back! I'm happy to hear that your health has improved. I know how difficult health problems can be.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Hey, you! Good to have you back! I am praying your health will continue to improve and we will all get to "see" more of you on TOL.

Maybe your efforts will result in getting BillyBob back online as well!

In case you don't remember me, I am still trying to set up evangelicals and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus.

...(even though most Christians are under the misconception that you should never judge)....

I think that misconception comes from taking Jesus seriously...

--"Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

--"...Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."

--"Who made ME a judge?"

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
--"Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

--"...Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."

--"Who made ME a judge?"
Where is the prohibition against judging?

And why are you pretending to know Jesus when you ignore most of what He says?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged"

so if i just merrily bump along through life without judging anything - red lights, pedophiles, dump trucks heading towards my children playing in the road....

...then i won't be judged by God?

sweet! :banana:

and here i thought i had to go through all the bother of accepting Christ and doing good works and confessing my sins to a priest

aikey's way seems a heckuva lot easier

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Where is the prohibition against judging?

And why are you pretending to know Jesus when you ignore most of what He says?
The prohibition is found in the Bible.

I would like you yourself look up the verses from Jesus that I have passed along. "Bible Study" is actually "studying the Bible."

Everything Jesus says that challenges me often results in my trying to discount what he says and at the same time trying to justify myself when I cannot follow him.

I am certainly willing to be accountable for all the things Jesus has said that I ignore. What, specifically, is it that I am ignoring here?

BTW, "most of what he says" in the New Testament is about the poor and the destitute.

PureX

Anyway, I'm Poly and that's my TOL story. :)
Hi Poly! I remember you from 'back in the day', and I heartily welcome your return! And I'm especially glad to hear that you're feeling better.

I have to say, however, that most of you "truthsmakers" wouldn't know the truth if it fell on you, :chuckle: but then, that's why I'm here … to try and straiten you out. ;)

Welcome back!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome back Poly. Can you grant billybob a reprieve?

I'll answer this for all of the TOL staff, just so you don't feel the need to ask again (What is this, the third time?). No.

If any of the TOL staff wants to know why billybob was banned, you can PM me and I'll share the PM he sent me.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
welcome back. after reading your post, i am a truthsmacker. not a troll. huge difference. i welcome and encourage anyone to read every post i've ever made. a "real" truthsmacker knows one when they see one. it becomes blatant, when we focus on God's Word. God Bless you, your family and health. i feel a need to intercede, in some cases, and smack a little truth. if anyone disagrees, it is usually not based in Truth. i'll keep a half of one eye on your posts. so far, great ! ! ! - :)

Thank you Patrick. Not quite sure if I remember you, but looking forward to getting to know you again. :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Poly! I remember you from 'back in the day', and I heartily welcome your return! And I'm especially glad to hear that you're feeling better.

I have to say, however, that most of you "truthsmakers" wouldn't know the truth if it fell on you, :chuckle: but then, that's why I'm here … to try and straiten you out. ;)

Welcome back!

Ya know what PureX? I remember you very well. You're a tough nut to crack but I'm bound and determined to try to do everything in my power to do so. So...I guess we'll just be smackin' each other around for a while, huh? :D