Hey joggers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

meshak, I doubt shoes are causing you pain. Its probably the way your foot hits the ground. When barefoot you naturally change your style. Just copy that with shoes on and you'll be free from joint pain AND cuts.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
meshak, I doubt shoes are causing you pain. Its probably the way your foot hits the ground. When barefoot you naturally change your style. Just copy that with shoes on and you'll be free from joint pain AND cuts.

I gave up on shoes. I got used to it in less than three months. :)

I think I damaged skinny bone of the right foot when I started to walk long time ago. I have to live with it.

The Berean

Do you think you could run a 5K under 20:00 barefoot on asphalt? :chuckle:

I ran a 5K time trial on the track in 21:05 back in late 2011. But in shoes though. I wish I could ran as fast as this legendary runner did in her prime. She ran a 14:48.07 5K barefoot as a teenager. :shocked:

Budd-Zola-19840081ZB5.jpg

Daedalean's_Sun

I ran a 5K time trial on the track in 21:05 back in late 2011. But in shoes though. I wish I could ran as fast as this legendary runner did in her prime. She ran a 14:48.07 5K barefoot as a teenager. :shocked:

Budd-Zola-19840081ZB5.jpg

I think the fastest timed 5k I've ever run was 16:21, in 2010 I believe. But that was in distance spikes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the fastest timed 5k I've ever run was 16:21

That's pretty good.

16:21 would have been the overall winning time at some of the smaller 5K's I used to run in.

I could never break 18:00 in a 5K. I used to hate 5K's, but ran in a lot of them.

10K's and half-marathons were my favorites.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I remember running 5K's when I was in my 30's and 40's, and little 14 year old girls would be passing me. It was very humiliating.
You should have carried a stick with you. :plain:

Oh, Ok, Nope. I jogging is the only thing I can. No running. It is much tougher running.
A six minute mile is decent for distance. Eight to ten isn't awful if you're a recreational runner. The point is to get moving, stay moving and make it an enjoyable part of your day. I look forward to my five plus. Unless you plan to run competitively in your age group don't worry about time.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I remember running 5K's when I was in my 30's and 40's, and little 14 year old girls would be passing me. It was very humiliating.

I am so short that everyone pass by me.:chuckle:

that's ok, I enjoy it and feel satisfied by keeping it up.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
A six minute mile is decent for distance. Eight to ten isn't awful if you're a recreational runner. The point is to get moving, stay moving and make it an enjoyable part of your day. I look forward to my five plus. Unless you plan to run competitively in your age group don't worry about time.

My goal is to jog until I die no matter how slow:)

I am not interested in competition.

People who compete develop pain problem.

You have to push your limit to compete.

The Berean

I am so short that everyone pass by me.:chuckle:

that's ok, I enjoy it and feel satisfied by keeping it up.:)

This guy is 5'6", 128 lbs. He's run the 5K in 12:37.35, the fastest in history.

cd828c2.jpg

This lady is 5'3", 106 lbs. She's run the 5K in 14:11.15, the fastest ever by a woman.

2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.