Hey joggers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Not a good idea to run barefoot. I would stick to running on grass or non-pavement type surfaces.

My idea is that to make my feet tough. I cannot find any place that I can jog on the grass. I live in Texas. And there are stickers in the grass.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I did for the third time and my feet is getting used to the hard ground, bare foot for 45 minutes..

I have to see if I have pain in the middle of the night.

yeshuaslavejeff

she's free from the deception of the pope - that can destroy your soul (if you're not free)....

also, there's more people poisoned by immunizations, tap water(things in it), store bought processed milk, soy flour, salt, refined flour
than by going bare-foot,

and it's ON PURPOSE ! (the poisoning of america) ...

Meshak, put your shoes back on! You know that dogs do their business on asphalt and some men spit on asphalt and noxious waste is sometimes dumped on asphalt!
Your shoes will protect your feet from all sorts of bad stuff.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I did not have pain in the middle of the night. I think I am on the way to be bare foot jogger:)

Doormat

Something to ponder, sister. There are better forms of exercise than jogging, and you could potentially hurt yourself running barefoot on asphalt. Instead of jogging, you could switch to walking (with split toe shoes), sprint 8, and step aerobics. You can do the Sprint 8 in a number of ways, even without a recumbent bike; it can be accomplished with sprints on a track or other ways. You can do the step aerobics at home if you buy a step and an exercise DVD.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Something to ponder, sister. There are better forms of exercise than jogging, and you could potentially hurt yourself running barefoot on asphalt. Instead of jogging, you could switch to walking (with split toe shoes), sprint 8, and step aerobics. You can do the Sprint 8 in a number of ways, even without a recumbent bike; it can be accomplished with sprints on a track or other ways. You can do the step aerobics at home if you buy a step and an exercise DVD.

I would consider it. But I really enjoy jogging. I hate to give it up.

I jogged on running truck and it seem much better than side work.

thank you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will try training my feet to overcome all these.

we will see how it goes.

Your feet are no different than those of other mere mortals. Wounds bleed ... and can get infected. Being able to withstand pain doesn't change that.

As annoying as you are, I don't wish to see you end up in the hospital or permanently disabled.

Wunderhund

My idea is that to make my feet tough. I cannot find any place that I can jog on the grass. I live in Texas. And there are stickers in the grass.

I live in Arizona so I know what you mean about lack of grass. When running barefoot it isn't feet you should be worried about as much as you should be more worried about the lack of support for your spine, knees and joints that are taking a beating while running. I ran in Jr high, high school and college and beyond. Now that I am in my late 40's, I run less and bike more due to my aching knees. I tell you this because all my years of running, I spared no expense on good quality running shoes in order to help preserve my kness, ankles and other joints. Therefore the thought of running barefoot makes me cringe. I spent the majority of my running years in MI where there is plenty of soft friendly running ground. So, be very careful with your barefoot running venture.

I remember a former South African runner (Zola Budd Bud?) and she ran barefoot and was a world class runner, but I do not know how she fared once she got into her 30's and beyond.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I live in Arizona so I know what you mean about lack of grass. When running barefoot it isn't feet you should be worried about as much as you should be more worried about the lack of support for your spine, knees and joints that are taking a beating while running. I ran in Jr high, high school and college and beyond. Now that I am in my late 40's, I run less and bike more due to my aching knees. I tell you this because all my years of running, I spared no expense on good quality running shoes in order to help preserve my kness, ankles and other joints. Therefore the thought of running barefoot makes me cringe. I spent the majority of my running years in MI where there is plenty of soft friendly running ground. So, be very careful with your barefoot running venture.

I remember a former South African runner (Zola Budd Bud?) and she ran barefoot and was a world class runner, but I do not know how she fared once she got into her 30's and beyond.

How about if I just jog for 4 miles, 5 times a week? Is that still too much too?

The Berean

Zola (Budd) Pieterse still competes today but she wears running shoes now. She's commented that she wears shoes due to getting older and some previous injuries in his 30's. Even at age 47 today she can still hammer in races. This past fall she ran in a college cross country race and destroyed the entire field of runners who were young enough to be her daughters. This past weekend she won a marathon race.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140118/PC20/140119396

1PeaceMaker

Sorry about that! I know barefoot jogging can be really good for people. That's not to contradict advice about the stuff on roads, but I'm sure that your body wants barefoot contact with the earth and that's why it feels so good. Also shoes mess up the way we stand and use our feet. I like barefooting it. I'd like to do it in rural off-road settings, where there are no nails or glass mixed with animal manure on the ground.

But since I've got wimpy shoed feet I think I'll settle for bare-handed weeding in the garden.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Sorry about that! I know barefoot jogging can be really good for people. That's not to contradict advice about the stuff on roads, but I'm sure that your body wants barefoot contact with the earth and that's why it feels so good. Also shoes mess up the way we stand and use our feet. I like barefooting it. I'd like to do it in rural off-road settings, where there are no nails or glass mixed with animal manure on the ground.

But since I've got wimpy shoed feet I think I'll settle for bare-handed weeding in the garden.

I really don't know how it ends up with but I will give it a try for a while.

I just don't want to give up jogging.

1PeaceMaker

I hear ya sis. I wouldn't want to either, in your shoes, er feet, I'm sure. I think getting grounded to the earth electrically is very important. And jogging barefoot is safer for the joints than shoes that make you run heel-toe, heel-toe.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I hear ya sis. I wouldn't want to either, in your shoes, er feet, I'm sure. I think getting grounded to the earth electrically is very important. And jogging barefoot is safer for the joints than shoes that make you run heel-toe, heel-toe.

So far I feel fine. I just cannot jog too fast any more. I would like to continue with 4 miles an hour pace and that's it. No more. I was going to try 5 miles, one hour but that is expecting too much for my age..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am still jogging bare foot. I am getting used to it already. I still feel rough jogging the road. Side walk is much easier.

I wear socks when it is cold like 35 degree or lower.

I don't have pain in the night any more.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I experimented jogging bare foot. It has been less that three months and I am already getting used to it.

I declare this is success. I don't have by buy expensive shoes to jog.:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm doing five and a half miles a day...in sneakers. I feel great and I don't have to worry about stepping on a rock or a nail.

Just saying. :idunno: Shoes don't have to be all that expensive, but an emergency room always will be.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm doing five and a half miles a day...in sneakers. I feel great and I don't have to worry about stepping on a rock or a nail.

Just saying. :idunno: Shoes don't have to be all that expensive, but an emergency room always will be.

I am telling you, they are expensive. Good ones are $100 average for my problem feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.