Hey joggers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am telling you, they are expensive. Good ones are $100 average for my problem feet.
My Reebok DMX Max was, I think, fifty dollars. My feet aren't complaining at all. I know you can do better and pay more, but if I can run along on these with my size (well over six feet and topping two bills) I think you could manage well enough.

And I guarantee you the inconvenience and expense of an emergency or doctors visit plus medicine will dwarf that. And every time you run in bare feet you risk needing that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My Reebok DMX Max was, I think, fifty dollars. My feet aren't complaining at all. I know you can do better and pay more, but if I can run along on these with my size (well over six feet and topping two bills) I think you could manage well enough.

And I guarantee you the inconvenience and expense of an emergency or doctors visit plus medicine will dwarf that. And every time you run in bare feet you risk needing that.

good for you. I have tried many shoes and did not work for me.

why are you fighting against my successful bare foot jogging?

I am happy bare foot jogging.

At this rate, I am sure nothing will bother my feet with bare foot jogging, even on very rough asphalt road.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Okay, then go to by all means, but be careful and I hope you don't run to regret it. :e4e:

I started work out tree yeas ago. I do my best to stay fit and healthy. I have been successful everything I did with all kind of trials to what works for me.

I am not so young but I have been keeping up very good. I am also very limber too which most people are not. I can split too.:)

that should tell you that I am not reckless jogger.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I had excruciating back pain from overdoing my yard work without any work out three years ago. The Doctor told me my two discs are wearing out.

that's the time I started work out with physical therapy.

Now I am pain free with super fit condition.:)

Daedalean's_Sun

Does anyone jog or run bare foot?

I just started it, and feel fine. No more pain my in feet. It feels rough but I think my soles will be tougher.

It's not the shoes or lack thereof that matters, it's the form. Those that run in well-cushioned foot ware tend to "heel run", which over the course of many miles can lead to foot problems. Barefoot running generally causes one to run moreso on the toes which acts like nature's shock absorbers. You can get the same effect with shoes, but you have to make a conscious effort to stay on your toes as opposed to landing on your heel.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's not the shoes or lack thereof that matters, it's the form. Those that run in well-cushioned foot ware tend to "heel run", which over the course of many miles can lead to foot problems. Barefoot running generally causes one to run moreso on the toes which acts like nature's shock absorbers. You can get the same effect with shoes, but you have to make a conscious effort to stay on your toes as opposed to landing on your heel.

I don't know about that. My problem started long time ago when I was wearing super cheap tennis shoes to take a long walk. Then I changed to better shoes and it stopped.

Recently I started dancing with the music with toes for an hour. After a few day or so my knees and ankles started to swell up.

That's the time I realized I should not work out with toes. I concentrate on heels instead of toes. My ankle and knees are not completed healed but I am sure I will be ok because I can jog and it is not getting worse..

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't know about that. My problem started long time ago when I was wearing super cheap tennis shoes to take a long work. Then I changed to better shoes and it stopped.

Recently I started dancing with the music with toes for an hour. After a few day or so my knees and ankles started to swell up.

That's the time I realized I should not work out with toes. I concentrate on heels instead of toes. My ankle and knees are not completed healed but I am sure I will be ok because I can jog and it is not getting worse..

You can get good shoes without spending too much, you just have to look at whats on clearance at good stores. I get excellent shoes cheaper than what a cheap store sells cheap shoes for.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You can get good shoes without spending too much, you just have to look at whats on clearance at good stores. I get excellent shoes cheaper than what a cheap store sells cheap shoes for.

I am tired of selecting shoes and annoying pain.

I am doing just fine now.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey Angel, I just released you from my ignor list and to see what you have to say in this thread.

sheesh, your phony Christianity is showing in you neg rep giving. I have to put you back on ignore.

It is too ugly to see your true color which is red.

good day.

Daedalean's_Sun

I don't know about that. My problem started long time ago when I was wearing super cheap tennis shoes to take a long walk. Then I changed to better shoes and it stopped.

Depends on what the problem was. The most common problems caused by bad running shoes would be blisters, runner's toe (black toenails), or poor arch support could cause a number of other problems.

Swelling is most likely caused by sweating out more salt than your body can spare resulting in an electrolyte imbalance. I don't think that has anything to do with being on your toes vs. your heels.

Heel running is worse for your knees and back, trust me. I know a lot about the biomechanics of running form. I'm an experienced runner.

http://barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/4BiomechanicsofFootStrike.html

Why do Different Foot Strikes Matter?

Here we focus on the difference between heel striking and forefoot striking (see bottom of page for more on midfoot striking which is often intermediate). In heel striking, the collision of the heel with the ground generates a significant impact transient, a nearly instantaneous, large force. This force sends a shock wave up through the body via the skeletal system. In forefoot striking, the collision of the forefoot with the ground generates a very minimal impact force with no impact transient.

Therefore, quite simply, a runner can avoid experiencing the large impact force by forefoot striking properly.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hey Angel, I just released you from my ignor list and to see what you have to say in this thread.

sheesh, your phony Christianity is showing in you neg rep giving. I have to put you back on ignore.

It is too ugly to see your true color which is red.

good day.

I negged you in a different thread, but ill give you one for this one too since you want it so bad.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Depends on what the problem was. The most common problems caused by bad running shoes would be blisters, runner's toe (black toenails), or poor arch support could cause a number of other problems.

I developed the problem by wearing too tight shoes.

Swelling is most likely caused by sweating out more salt than your body can spare resulting in an electrolyte imbalance. I don't think that has anything to do with being on your toes vs. your heels.

I am 65 years old. I am susceptible to all kinds of stuff. I have to find the way to continue on with my jogging. Many times, I push my limit too much. I have to remind myself of my age often..

Heel running is worse for your knees and back, trust me. I know a lot about the biomechanics of running form. I'm an experienced runner.

Someone at the gym told me the opposite and I agree with him from my experience.

I have to stick with less than an hour jogging even though sometimes I would like to do more.

Daedalean's_Sun

I developed the problem by wearing too tight shoes.

Well, there you go.

I am 65 years old. I am susceptible to all kinds of stuff. I have to find the way to continue on with my jogging. Many times, I push my limit too much. I have to remind myself of my age often..

I would recommend a high electrolyte intake before running.

Someone at the gym told me the opposite and I agree with him from my experience.

I think the problem is that you are misinterpreting your experience, as I think we see from the swelling example has nothing to do with your foot strike.

If you give more credence to the word of some random stranger at the gym, than to the scientific study I just cited, then I don't know what to tell you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, there you go.

I would recommend a high electrolyte intake before running.

I think the problem is that you are misinterpreting your experience, as I think we see from the swelling example has nothing to do with your foot strike.

If you give more credence to the word of some random stranger at the gym, than to the scientific study I just cited, then I don't know what to tell you.

I experienced many things. I think I am doing just fine.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.