Hell's Daily Arrivals

WeberHome

Re: Hell's Daily Arrivals

Former US President George H.W. Bush passed away November 30, 2018 at age 94. The media couldn't say enough good about Mr. Bush; day after day the papers, the television, the magazines, the op eds, and the radio talk shows were filled with accolades about how wonderful he was as a man, a father, a humanitarian, and a political leader.

Well; in my estimation, all that flap and rhetoric was little more than a red herring as I couldn't help but wonder what Almighty God thought of the man; and of the people who spoke and wrote so much about him.

John 5:44 . . How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

Netherworld Update: 1167 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 70,430,784 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

WeberHome

Jesus Christ had some pretty astounding capabilities. He could beef up withered limbs, cure cripples, cleanse leprosy, stop chronic bleeding, cure blindness, multiply food stuffs, calm storms, exorcise demons, restore dead people to life, and protect people from the wraith of God, etc.

In my estimation, a man who can do all that can just as easily do it in reverse; viz: wither people's limbs, cripple their legs, infect people with leprosy, make them bleed, cause them to go blind, cause famines, stir up storms, open people to demon possession and/or just outright assassinate them, and condemn them to hell; etc.

So I'm sometimes curious why Christ's enemies weren't more afraid of him.

Netherworld Update: 1,187 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 71,637,824 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Christians as well as pagans have healing shrines where people from all over gather to be healed from infirmatives--inluding lameness, blindness, skin diseases and other maladies.

There is a pagan shrine in Turkey dedicated to the God Asclepius.
There is a Christian shrine in France dedicated to God, Mary and Jesus.

At the end of these places’ paths you can find cast-off wheelchairs, walkers and canes.

But you will never find empty coffins, piles of toupees or artificial limbs.

WeberHome

I was brought up a Catholic youth. The extent of my Catechism classes was pretty elementary. They didn't inform me that Jesus Christ was returning some day to rule the world, so it wasn't till I was around 24 years old when a Protestant man asked me if I was ready for the Lord coming back.

Well; at first the man's question puzzled me because i wasn't aware of that aspect of the Earth's future. But then right away I became alarmed because I instinctively knew that if I had to face Christ, the outcome would not be favorable as I had a lot to answer for. I learned later that my instincts were right.

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matt 13:40-42)

Netherworld Update: 1,193 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 71,999,936 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

WeberHome

Num 16:28-35 . .Then Moses said, "This is how you will know that The Lord has sent me to do all these things and that it was not my idea: If these men die a natural death and experience only what usually happens to men, then The Lord has not sent me. But if The Lord brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the grave, then you will know that these men have treated The Lord with contempt.

. . . As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them, with their households and all Korah's men and all their possessions. They went down alive into the grave, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community. At their screams, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, "The earth is going to swallow us too!"

That is one of the most frightening scenes ever depicted in the Old Testament.

Netherworld Update: 1,295 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 78,155,840 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

NOTE: The entire global sky contains roughly six thousand stars visible to the naked eye. There's more than that out there of course, but not all are discernable as points of light without optics. However, we can't see all six thousand stars at once; only the ones that come out at night. So then; the most we can see in one night is, at most, somewhere around three thousand stars.

If we divide my latest update by 3,000 we get something like twenty-six thousand and fifty-two night skies of people who've passed on to the fiery nether regions since I began keeping track. That many night skies adds up to around seventy-one and a third years.
_

Last edited:

WeberHome

Matt 25:41 . .Then he will say to those on his left: Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.

The Greek word for "angels" is aggelos (ang'-el-os) which is one of the Bible's many ambiguous words. It means messenger; and it isn't limited to spirit beings.

For example at Matt 11:10 it refers to John the Baptist. At Luke 7:24 it refers to John's disciples. At Acts 7:53 and Gal 3:19 it refers to divine apparitions in the form of voices, fire, smoke, earthquakes, and a human likeness. At Jas 2:25 it refers to the spies that hid out at Rahab's home. At Rev 1:20-Rev 3:14, the word aggelos refers to high-ranking church officers.

So, we have in view at Matt 25:41 not only spirit beings, but quite possibly also human beings who serve as messengers for the Devil, e.g. preachers, ministers, Sunday school teachers, deacons, missionaries, evangelists, cultists, etc; whose version of Christianity is a doctored version rather than Christ's.

2Cor 11:13-15 . . For such are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

I have a personal interest in this matter. My eldest brother is a Friar; he and I are both now in our mid to late seventies. My brother has been spending his entire adult life obedient to Rome and propagating Catholicism. If it turns out that version of Christianity differs from Christ's, then my brother won't make it to safety when he passes on. His life's work will go up in smoke, and he'll be branded forever as one of the Devil's angels. That possibility does not set well with me.

Netherworld Update: 1,300 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 78,457,600 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Aimiel

I have a personal interest in this matter. My eldest brother is a Friar; he and I are both now in our mid to late seventies. My brother has been spending his entire adult life obedient to Rome and propagating Catholicism. If it turns out that version of Christianity differs from Christ's, then my brother won't make it to safety when he passes on. His life's work will go up in smoke, and he'll be branded forever as one of the Devil's angels. That possibility does not set well with me.
Fear not! God isn't about religion. He doesn't take attendance. He doesn't judge as men do. There is not one single denomination or religion which is 100% correct. God looks upon the thoughts and intents of the heart. :thumb:

WeberHome

Luke 23:39-40 . . One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us! But the other criminal rebuked him. Don't you fear God, he said, since you are under the same sentence?

There's a humorous incident depicted in Dante's Inferno where these two guys are having an argument over which deserves to be in Hell more than the other. But when both are in Hell, it matters little who deserves to be there more. Having a holier-than-thou-attitude in Hell is pretty much going to get you nowhere.

Netherworld Update: 1,324 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 79,906,048 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

NOTE: The average thickness of a human hair is around .1 mm. So 79,906,048 human hairs laid side by side would spread out to something like 7,990,604 mm, equaling 314,591 inches, or 26,216 feet: almost five miles.

These days when the Federal debt is in the trillions, a million seems trifle; but nevertheless, a thousand thousands is still a pretty large amount. Were someone to budget their expenses to $600 a week, they could live off a million dollars for 32 years. They could live off 79,906,048 dollars for 2,561 years.
_

WeberHome

There's a variety of negative opinions about God all across the internet. Some say He's cruel, sadistic, heartless, unjust, unfair, unkind, a despotic bully, a monster, sexist, and just a general all around jerk.

Well, it matters little whether He's all that, and more. It's futile to criticize God and rake Him across the coals because God can't be stopped no matter what His faults.

There's little to be gained by a man on the gallows with a noose already around his neck turning to the executioner and saying: Your breath stinks. Well; maybe it really does stink but the condemned man is still going to get his neck stretched regardless. He will have the satisfaction of getting in a parting shot but pointing out the executioner's faults won't stop him from doing his job.

"Who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it: Why did you make me like this? (Rom 9:20)

Netherworld Update: 1,343 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 81,052,736 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

WeberHome

FAQ: If it's true that people in Hell are destined to be stuck there forever, then wouldn't it be accurate to say they have eternal life seeing as how they will never cease to exist?

A: Eternal life has practically nothing at all to do with longevity.

Eternal life has to do with God's basic nature, i.e. the very core of His divine being; whereas human life has to do with a human's basic nature, i.e. the very core of a created being.

People in Hell live and move and have their being with human nature; whereas people in Heaven live and move and have their being with divine nature. (2Pet 1:3-4)

If people in heaven really and truly do have divine nature rather than human nature, then just imagine how easy it is for them to please God not just some of the time, nor even most of the time; but all of the time.

The tree of life in the garden of Eden would've extended longevity indefinitely for as long as the people kept nourishing themselves with its fruit and using its leaves for remedies (Gen 3:22, Rev 22:2). So that goes to show that it isn't necessary for humans to have eternal life in order for them to exist a long, long time. There are other ways to keep human life going. I suspect that God has quite a few tricks up His sleeve about which we are thus far unaware.

Netherworld Update: 1,355 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 81,776,960 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
_

Last edited:

Hawkins

A wrong assumption has been made here. Those in the final hell are no longer humans.

What (or the main part of it) defines a human is his conscience. Conscience is the law God has put in everyone's heart. Technically it's something put in our spirit (but not soul). From a design perspective, the soul is for a continuous witnessing from day 1 till eternity. A body marks a stage in this eternity, one can have more than 1 stages, that is our today's body will be gone with our physical death which marks the end our stage 1 existence. Heaven is the next stage existence of a newly given body. Thus we need something stage-dependent. Our spirit serves this purpose.

Along with the end of our stage 1 existence, our stage-dependent spirit will return to God. Our conscience is of God's Law and thus belongs to God. You don't have conscience when you are in hell. The spirit also carries your earthly affections. An analogy is your ex-girlfriend. You no longer have the love for her, you still remember the days you were with her though. Similarly, when the spirit is gone, your soul no longer has the affection for your parents or children and so on. In our heaven existence, we have only the affection for our brothers and sisters when a new spirit is given.

A very much close analogy to the situation is the zombies. Zombies have no conscience, they bite (well they sin) mindlessly. We kill them all in order to save a single human. So we kill 67% of the zombies in order to save 33% of humans. That doesn't sound to be a bad plan at all!

This plan was actually fore-shadowed. The Canaanites were the zombies. They were cleaned up for the humans (the Jews) to survive (such that God's salvation can reach today's humans).

So wheat and weeds, sheep and wolves, humans and zombies, they are of the same thing. You do have a choice to stay in one camp or another, or do you?!

Be warned, those who are making mindless attacks in the midst of God's sheep! (or in Christianity forums? if you ever caused one soul to leave God by your words, you are thus a murderer)

God judges and you'd better know what you are doing! If you don't have the intelligence to figure things out, perhaps it's time to make use of your faith instead!

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why do you think? Why do you think I would claim to find it odd that God could be displeased?

Why do you think I'm asking? Because I'm not sure why you would think that.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Why do you think I'm asking? Because I'm not sure why you would think that.

Right. Well, I was hoping you would take a little time to think it through. You and I know what it is to be displeased, or disappointed because we are men - people - human beings. We get disappointed or displeased because things dont go our way, or our expectations are not met.

But God is not like us. He is not a man with limited knowledge and understanding. It is said that a person without expectations will have no disappointments.

God doesn’t have to have expectations because he has knowledge. Since he already knows every outcome, he doesn’t have any disappointments.

That’s why.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Right. Well, I was hoping you would take a little time to think it through. You and I know what it is to be displeased, or disappointed because we are men - people - human beings. We get disappointed or displeased because things dont go our way, or our expectations are not met.

But God is not like us. He is not a man with limited knowledge and understanding. It is said that a person without expectations will have no disappointments.

God doesn’t have to have expectations because he has knowledge. Since he already knows every outcome, he doesn’t have any disappointments.

That’s why.

On the portion which I've highlighted in your post, do you personally believe that God knows every outcome?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
On the portion which I've highlighted in your post, do you personally believe that God knows every outcome?

Absolutely. That is without question in my mind. Not only do I believe that God knows every outcome, I’m willing to believe that he may have allowed every outcome. Would you like to know why?

It’s because of probability theory. According to probability theory, for any given event there are an infinite number of potential outcomes.

So, let’s just say that the given event God chose to allow or specifically create was material existence. We have a little knowledge of material existence, because it seems we are experiencing it right now. Yet, there is much we don’t know. So, if we exist, then it’s entirely possible that other beings exist in a way similar to ours, but slightly different because of one small probable outcome variation. There could be ten billion or more existences similar to ours but different.

If God exists, and he is Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent, then he would have no problem keeping track of a billion different worlds. Or a billion billion different worlds.

Our existence could very well be simply one in a potentially infinite number of different universes simply because God allowed it to be.