Hell's Daily Arrivals

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hell is an invention of backward holy men who didn't know a better message of truth. God is good and moral.

WeberHome

Re: Hell's Daily Arrivals

-
In the incident below; Abimelech was within a hair's breadth of being slain for sleeping with Abraham's wife Sarah even though he didn't know at the time that she was married.

Gen 20:4b . . He said: O Lord, will You slay people even though innocent?

The answer to Abimelech's question is YES.

The thing is; although ignorance mitigates one's responsibility, ignorance doesn't excuse it. For example: laws in the 5th chapter of Leviticus require that after it's brought to someone's attention that they have done something wrong, they have to offer an atonement for the guilt they accrued without their knowing it. In point of fact: Num15:30-31 permits neither forgiveness nor atonement for sins committed knowingly; viz: deliberate sins.

So the offender is guilty either way; whether he sins uninformed or sins informed makes no difference except that informed sins pull down upon one's self far more serious consequences than uninformed sins.

Luke 12:47-48 . .That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be required.

Netherworld Update: 675 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 40,737,600 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the incident below; Abimelech was within a hair's breadth of being slain for sleeping with Abraham's wife Sarah even though he didn't know at the time that she was married.

Did Abimelech have sexual relations with Sarah?

Did Abimelech sin?

"And God said to him in a dream, 'Yes, I know that you did this in the integrity of your heart. For I also withheld you from sinning against Me, therefore I did not let you touch her.'"

WeberHome

-
Rev 20:12-13 . . I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

There's a few points about this judgement that I think are worth highlighting.

1• It's often thought of as a so-called general judgement; but this one is specifically for the dead. No living are in view here.

2• It's also thought of as the sheep and goats judgement; but that one takes place when Christ returns to rule the current world, whereas this one takes place when the current world is no more.

3• According to Jude 1:14-15 the dead will be given a fair trial.

4• According to Matt 12:36, every word that the dead have spoken will used as evidence both against them and/or for them; not just their serious words, but also their careless words.

5• The scene doesn't depict one future out of a variety of possible futures; no, it depicts the actual future.

/

WeberHome

-
Rev 20:13 . . I saw the dead, and they were judged, every one of them

Netherworld Update: 679 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 40,979,008 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

Rev 20:13 says that "every one of them" were judged. Well; I don't know precisely how many people that entails, but lets say that it's the number above. Well; if each case takes an hour to complete, we're looking at 1,707,459 calendar days, i.e. 4,678 years; if the judging goes around the clock 24/7/365.

Just think of that. In only 679 days, enough cases accumulated to keep the great white throne busy a minimum of 46½ centuries.

From today, 4,678 years goes back to 2661BC; roughly 101 years before construction of the great pyramid at Giza.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 20:12-13 . . I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

According to their deeds.

Are you referring to their past deeds?

What makes you think salvation is given because of our deeds?

WeberHome

-
The current world population is approximately 7,422,789,590. If each of those numbers were given even as little as a half hour with God to answer for themselves, it would take something like 423,675 years to clear the docket.

I once remarked to a friend that it is going to take God a very long time to judge everyone. He responded; "Well; He has lots of time."

Netherworld Update: 692 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 41,763,584 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

Last edited:

WeberHome

-
Psalm 15:1-5

Q: Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?

A: He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear The Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Netherworld Update: 725 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 43,755,200 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 43,755,200 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

Hell is an English term for the grave.

What are your figures based on?

WeberHome

-
Christ is often thought of as a pacifist. But the fact of the matter is, Christ and the fearsome God of the Old Testament are in total agreement.

John 10:30 . . I and my Father are one.

In other words; Christ would never disapprove of the Flood, nor of the incineration of Sodom and Gomorrah. In point of fact, had Christ been on hand for those events, he would have been only too happy to lend a hand.

John 8:29 . . He that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.

It's puzzled me why Christ's enemies weren't more afraid of him because when you think about it: if he could cure blindness, then he could just as easily cause it, and if he could cure paralysis, then he could just as easily cause that too; and if he could cure the deaf and the dumb, then he could just as easily take away the ability to speak and hear; and if he could feed thousands, then he could just as easily starve thousands; and if he could calm a storm, then he could just as easily generate a storm; and if he could replace a severed ear, then he could just as easily take an ear off; and if he could turn water into wine, then he could just as easily turn water into acid; and if he could exorcise demons, then he could just as easily muster demons for wide-spread possession.

The first time Christ came, he came as a victim; the next time he will come as a conqueror. One day out ahead, Christ is taking the reins of this planet, and his administration will be neither soft hearted nor soft headed.

Ps 2:9-12 . .You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery. Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. Serve The Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son, lest he be angry and you be destroyed in your way, for his wrath can flare up in a moment.

Some time ago I noticed that the law Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy contains no stipulations for plea bargaining, imprisonment, or appeals-- justice is swift and some of its punishments are what we today in our sophisticated society would call cruel and unusual; plus capital punishment is ordered for quite a variety of violations. There is no such thing as a life sentence in that law. Those that would otherwise deserve it, are simply put to death.

Netherworld Update: 734 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 44,298,368 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
1Pet 3:15b . . Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you.

The koiné Greek word for "hope" in that passage, and in others (e.g. Rom 8:23-25) is elpis (el-pece') which means expectation; viz: elpis isn't wishful thinking, nor crossing your fingers, nor is it a blend of longing, insecurity, and doubt; no, elpis is a confident kind of hope that looks forward to something that it fully expects to obtain; ergo: elpis is an anticipating hope; viz: it doesn't pray for the best, while in the back of its mind dreading the worst.

The Bible says that elpis is a "calling"

Eph 4:5 . .You were called to one hope when you were called

When people aren't 100% sure what the afterlife has in store for them-- if there is even the slightest possibility of disappointment --they can't possibly comply with Peter's instructions for the simple reason that the hope that is in them, if any, is the wrong kind of hope.

Netherworld Update: 740 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 44,660,480 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
POSIT: God doesn't burn His children in hell!

RESPONSE: Not everyone qualifies as God's children; for example:

Matt 5:9 . . Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

The koiné Greek word for "peacemakers" is eirenopoios (i-ray-nop-oy-os') an ambiguous word that can indicate people who effect peace, and also people who are peaceable in nature.

Peaceable folk are tactful and make an effort to keep a civil tongue in their head-- a tongue that goes easy on people's nerves rather than a tongue that deliberately grates, stirs the pot, chafes, antagonizes, denigrates, humiliates, demoralizes, ridicules, injures, provokes, demeans, discourages, and tears people down and makes them feel bad about themselves.

There are some people in this world who are simply implacable. They're indignant over everything, For them rivalry, conflict, revenge, retaliation, quarrelling, and grudging are a way of life: every disagreement is an act of war-- their egos are fragile; they're defensive, they're reactive, and easily insulted.

They thrive on criticism, carping, finding fault and pointing out mistakes, tattling, bickering, retorts, rejoinders, recriminations, endless debate, telling other people off, and giving others a piece of their mind. And some of them are bullies, meddlers, domineering, imperious, and rumor mongers.

Those kinds of people are definitely not of the peaceable genre so it's necessary to quarantine them away from God's children so as not to make heaven a living hell like they do for people on earth.

Netherworld Update: 743 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 44,841,536 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

NOTE: That number of pints equals 5,605,192 gallons of water; which would refill a standard Olympic swimming pool 8½ times.

/

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 44,841,536 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

The fiery sector of Hades existed only in pagan mythology.

Are you pagan?

WeberHome

-
In the letter to Hebrews; it's explained that Yom Kippur's ritual only addresses sins committed up to that point; i.e. the very moment that the high priest completes the full and complete ritual, new sins immediately begin to accumulate on the books requiring the attention of yet another Yom Kippur; and another, and another, and another, ad infinitum; viz: Yom Kippur's ritual is never sufficient to address sins once and for all. In other words: it's always and only for addressing the people's past sins; never their future sins.

Q: How can any ritual, man-made or God-given, address sins that people haven't even committed yet, and/or may never commit?

A: Note the grammatical tense of the passage below. It's past, rather than present.

Isa 53:6 . . We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and The Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

In other words; seeing as how that passage in Isaiah was penned sometime in the 8th century BC, then the sins of the world were all laid on Christ even before he was born. Well, in order to do that, God would have to know in advance each and every sin that the world would commit from beginning to end. Now that's what I call omniscience to the max.

1John 2:2 . . He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOTE: Jesus is described as the lamb slain from the foundation of the world; indicating that Calvary was factored into creation's master plan even before God made the very first carbon atoms. (1Pet 1:20, Rev 13:8)

In addition, believers are described as chosen before the foundation of the world. No doubt the reason for that being that God knew beforehand who would follow His son and who wouldn't. (Eph 1:4-5)

FYI: Knowing in advance who would, and who would not, follow His son is sometimes perceived as pre-selecting people for salvation. No; it's just that people, from God's perspective, are a foregone conclusion, i.e. He knows every decision that we'll ever make before they even come along for us to think about. It's impossible to surprise God.

Netherworld Update: 746 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 45,022,592 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
1Pet 5:5b . . and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

The koiné Greek word for "humble" is tapeinophrosune (tap-i-nof-ros-oo'-nay) which means lowliness of mind; viz: modesty, which Webster's defines as freedom from conceit or vanity. Lowliness of mind is to be greatly desired for its blessing.

Matt 5:3 . . Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Humility is very rare on internet forums. Active members are typically easily insulted and infected with vanity; plus imperious, domineering, despotic, assertive, confrontational, arrogant, conceited, reactive, thin-skinned, self-righteous, emotional, critical, and defensive. Those are not what I would call good Christian attributes. They also have a propensity to jump to conclusions, get the wrong impression, and fly off the handle. Those aren't good Christian attributes either; in point of fact; none of those attributes are blessing-worthy.

"Grace" is one of those ambiguous abstract nouns that nobody seems to agree upon. Noah found grace in God's eyes (Gen 6:8) which in his case, regarded providence; which can be defined as kindly patronage. It was by God's providence that Noah and his family survived the Flood while the sons of God and their harems didn't. Let that sink in. Just because people label themselves a Christian, and profess a belief in Christ, is no guarantee they'll escape the horrors of the book of Revelation. Noah was a righteous man, and perfect in his generation; too many of today's card-carrying Christians are neither.

The koiné Greek word for "proud" is huperephanos (hoop-er-ay'-fan-os) which means appearing above others, viz: haughty. Those kinds of people typically regard others with contempt, i.e. underserving of respect or even so much as common courtesy. Haughty people are typically cruel, thoughtless, insensitive, and badly infected with a superiority complex, which goes hand in hand with arrogance: defined as an exaggerated sense of one's importance, sometimes manifested in an overbearing manner.

Arrogant people can be intolerably pushy and assertive at times; standing up to them usually always provokes an indignant reaction and a call to arms, so to speak, because these folk regard any and all disagreements with their way of thinking as demeaning attacks upon their core values and their distorted sense of self worth. These people have very little interest in harmony; they're stand-up fighters whose primary interest is winning.

Seeing as how Heaven is reputed a place of peace, then the arrogant, the haughty, and the proud cannot be allowed to go there with their unholy personalities. For sure they'd just end up making things very uncomfortable for Heaven's normally mild-mannered, affable society.

Netherworld Update: 751 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 45,324,352 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
1Cor 15:26 . .The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

There will be no more death after the second death spoken of in Rev 20:11-15. However, according to the prophet Daniel (Dan 12:2) and according to the lord and master of Christianity (John 5:28-29) there is but one end-time resurrection allotted per person. So then, nobody will be coming back from the lake of brimstone seeing as how they will use up their one allotted end-time resurrection in order to face justice at the great white throne event.

The abolition of death simply means that nobody will ever have to die again, but it does not mean that many of those who die prior to the abolition of death won't stay dead; viz: just as those who died in the Flood stayed dead, so those on track to die in the lake of brimstone will also stay dead because death won't be abolished until after all is said and done at the great white throne event. (Rev 21:1-4)

Netherworld Update: 754 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 45,505,408 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
The gospel preached by the apostle Paul contains a class action indictment against not just some impiety and some unrighteousness, nor against the worst kinds of impiety and unrighteousness; rather, against everything that's impious and unrighteous. (Rom 1:18)

The main points of the indictment are:

1• Suppressing the truth about what's truly right and what's truly wrong. (Rom 1:18)

2• Ignoring the evidence of nature that the cosmos-- all of is forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design, (Rom 1:19-20)

3• Replacing the genuine God with artificial substitutes. (Rom 1:21-23)

4• Revising the facts about God with fiction, fantasy, and imagination. (Rom 1:25a)

5• Placing more importance upon the value of nature than upon the value of the maker of nature. (Rom 1:25b)

6• Perverting normal bedroom activities and affections, i.e. LGBT. (Rom 1:26-27)

7• Living one's life uncaring about how God might feel about anything. (Rom 1:28)

8• Indifference to what is widely known to be divine consequences. (Rom 1:32)

Netherworld Update: 758 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 45,746,816 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

WeberHome

-
Rom 1:16-17 . . I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ . . For therein is the righteousness of God revealed.

The righteousness of God is often accused of being unrighteous. But you know; God's righteousness doesn't have to be truly righteous. The thing is; God's righteousness is on His own terms, i.e. it's whatever God decides to say is righteous because He's a powerful despot who's in a very good position to have everything His own way.

Rom 9:20 . .Who are you, O man, that talks back to God?

Netherworld Update: 761 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 45,927,872 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/