Hello out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel7

Hey, congrats! :D I only just had the pleasure of telling my father that we're expecting our first child in May.

:thumb: At one time I had thirteen rescued animals on the acreage. Age and attrition has lowered the number to ten. I'm planning on volunteering at our no kill shelter (opened in the last month).

:e4e:

~Hello! How exciting to be expecting your first child! A whole new world awaits you! ~Nice to meet another animal lover also!:)

nicholsmom

:think:
We need a "bowing" smiley!

:bow:

:wave2: Hi Angel7! I once had 12 cats (all outdoors - the offspring of strays that took up residence in our garage), but I couldn't stand their digging up my flowers, and when they started in on the veggie garden, off they wet to the pound for someone else to adopt. Through the years of adopting strays and raising their young, I mostly was successful in giving them to a local pet store because we had lots of calicoes and other adorable sorts, so I know that they all got adopted :)

I currently have 9 goats, 1 duck (a stray cat killed my drake the other day :(), 5 turkeys, 3 rabbits, 1 cat, and something like 2-3 dozen chickens. Plus 6 kids (the human sort) :D

Welcome to TOL :wave:

Angel7

:bow:

:wave2: Hi Angel7! I once had 12 cats (all outdoors - the offspring of strays that took up residence in our garage), but I couldn't stand their digging up my flowers, and when they started in on the veggie garden, off they wet to the pound for someone else to adopt. Through the years of adopting strays and raising their young, I mostly was successful in giving them to a local pet store because we had lots of calicoes and other adorable sorts, so I know that they all got adopted :)

I currently have 9 goats, 1 duck (a stray cat killed my drake the other day :(), 5 turkeys, 3 rabbits, 1 cat, and something like 2-3 dozen chickens. Plus 6 kids (the human sort) :D

Welcome to TOL
~Wow, you are living my dream with all those animals! One day I hope to own a farm! All of my cats are indoor cats only. And six children! How do you find time to post here at all? ~So nice to hear about you, and thanks for the welcome!:wave:

doodlebug

hi angel7 you do sound like a cat lover. i love all animals and have had more dogs than cats. I also love horses. riding is so much fun and whenever i had time, i would go riding. you sound like a good lady, sorry if i guessed wrong? you seem so? I too am a Christian woman and looking for more to learn about theology. and to make some new friends. there is so much to read here and most members seem very nice :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
~Wow, you are living my dream with all those animals! One day I hope to own a farm! All of my cats are indoor cats only. And six children! How do you find time to post here at all? ~So nice to hear about you, and thanks for the welcome!:wave:

Nicholsmom is a very kind woman who tells it just like it is. I hope to hear more from you.

Welcome angel7 to the nonstop entertainment! Keep your hat on high and your feet planted in the stirrups.
K

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm vegetarian!

Well, good for you; I am rather one myself, not on any moral principle, it is because rich calorie food makes me fat.:eek:

I personally do not see anything exciting about being vegetarian. The problem with most persons is they think too much about ideals, rather than the realities of life.

Hope you post on some of the other threads, if you are shy, consider, there are many shy persons here and I would stand up for them as long as they are reasonable, not always correct, but reasonable. :wave2:
K

Angel7

Well, good for you; I am rather one myself, not on any moral principle, it is because rich calorie food makes me fat.:eek:

I personally do not see anything exciting about being vegetarian. The problem with most persons is they think too much about ideals, rather than the realities of life.

Hope you post on some of the other threads, if you are shy, consider, there are many shy persons here and I would stand up for them as long as they are reasonable, not always correct, but reasonable. :wave2:
K

~Hello Ktoyou!~Vegetarianism is a way of life for me, for both moral and health reasons. I actually prefer the taste of fresh organic veggies and fruits, to a slab of flesh, that was mistreated in the process. :mmph:

Yes, I am shy, especially looking at your reputation here and your number of posts, which is a bit intimidating!:bow:Hope to get to know you better here...Have a great day!:jolly:

Angel7

hi angel7 you do sound like a cat lover. i love all animals and have had more dogs than cats. I also love horses. riding is so much fun and whenever i had time, i would go riding. you sound like a good lady, sorry if i guessed wrong? you seem so? I too am a Christian woman and looking for more to learn about theology. and to make some new friends. there is so much to read here and most members seem very nice :)

~Hello doodlebug! I too, hope to learn here. I respect everyone's opinions, and of course, have many strong ones of my own. This seems like a good place to share them and have some good conversation. Finding time is my only problem. Always nice to meet another animal lover like myself! Just wanted to say hello!:wave:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Vegetarianism is a way of life for me, for both moral and health reasons.
You know what else is a way of life? Recreational Vehicles...bow hunting...Amway.

:think: Now if there were only a way to combine them without getting the state police involved.
I actually prefer the taste of fresh organic veggies and fruits, to a slab of flesh, that was mistreated in the process. :mmph:
Ah, you should learn to hunt then. :thumb: Perhaps from a moving RV.

Now I prefer that (the fruit of the hunt) to the taste of frozen, slaughtered peas.

Oh, the silence of the peas...:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think that would be an immoral way to not live.

We'll see how loud you are with that when I drive by in my RV with the window open and an arrow knocked. :plain:

What's that? You'd like some cleaning products, would you? Why sure. I have some right here.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, Angel. Welcome to TOL. Lots of good places and people to dialog with around here.

Don't forget to slip on your hip waders before you venture off into the other places, though.
I actually prefer the taste of fresh organic veggies and fruits, to a slab of flesh, that was mistreated in the process.
Are you opposed to eating meat at all, or just to eating meat from animals that were mistreated in the process? :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.