Hello out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
~Hello Ktoyou!~Vegetarianism is a way of life for me, for both moral and health reasons. I actually prefer the taste of fresh organic veggies and fruits, to a slab of flesh, that was mistreated in the process. :mmph:

Yes, I am shy, especially looking at your reputation here and your number of posts, which is a bit intimidating!:bow:Hope to get to know you better here...Have a great day!:jolly:

I have known a few persons, more women than men, for some reason, who, for personal ethical reasons, refrain from eating meat. I will bet you are someone who has only seen meat purchased in a plastic package at a grocery store. Would you say my assumption is basically correct?

Humans are, by nature omnivores; we eat like the cat and the rabbit, this is our nature. Now this is a fact, not theory. You would not feed a cat only vegetables, yet you assume that humans can improve themselves by exercising new moralities.

Now look at it from my perspective, I was raised on a farm in the South, just like all little farm girls, I wanted to have my own animals, My father, a kind and decent man, a man respected by his community, gave me a pig to raise; naturally I was quite pleased and as you might guess, I named my pig. Later, when she had grown, my father said my pig had to be slaughtered along with the rest; I cried and hated my father for a few days, yet learned an important lesson, the best way to take responsibility for what we eat is to be part of its making.

Years after I was active in 4-H clubs and other clubs for rural girls. I never minded hunting because it was part of one continuous flow of life. Just as I tended our cattle and worked in the fields and tended the garden, all was an integral part of my youth. Farm kids learn about life in a way, which is missing today. Even kids raised on farms today, do not have the same keen awareness as we did in past years. There is too much distraction, with video games, more organized sports, extra school activities, kids today are not nearly as in touch with the land.

People are losing touch is what sustains them; they come to feel lost and to remedy the loss, they fill the void with fanciful ideas about abstractions of morality, rather than following what is taught in scripture and it all stems from the same loss of feeling connected to something personal and greater than ourselves. Too many today search aimlessly for an assurance in something permanent. The best have good parents, because what is quickly eroding is our sense of community.

Be what you want, just do not judge too adamantly and keep a clear mind; humans must be our first concern, always, we are all God's children and we shall love our neighbour. It is fine to love animals, but putting them before humans, one falls a long way from the image of God.

BTW: forget the rep thing, just don't be bothered. I am a bit hard in ways, but I do respect the right to be different, even when I know it is wrong. Follow the simple TOL rules; the persons who are banned here usually ask for it.

K

Angel7

You know what else is a way of life? Recreational Vehicles...bow hunting...Amway.

:think: Now if there were only a way to combine them without getting the state police involved.

Ah, you should learn to hunt then. :thumb: Perhaps from a moving RV.

Now I prefer that (the fruit of the hunt) to the taste of frozen, slaughtered peas.

Oh, the silence of the peas...:plain:

~To each his own! Peace.

Angel7

I have known a few persons, more women than men, for some reason, who, for personal ethical reasons, refrain from eating meat. I will bet you are someone who has only seen meat purchased in a plastic package at a grocery store. Would you say my assumption is basically correct?

~WRONG. My Uncle was an avid hunter, and I witnessed more than I care to remember, thus I cannot even discuss it without sadness. I also understand farm life and spent much time on a farm in my childhood. You are wrong to assume.

Humans are, by nature omnivores; we eat like the cat and the rabbit, this is our nature. Now this is a fact, not theory. You would not feed a cat only vegetables, yet you assume that humans can improve themselves by exercising new moralities.

~ Actually, cats CAN be fed a diet of vegetables, and quite successfully, with far less incidents of obesity. There are even dog & cat foods that are totally "green." Perhaps you have not owned a pet recently?

Now look at it from my perspective, I was raised on a farm in the South, just like all little farm girls, I wanted to have my own animals, My father, a kind and decent man, a man respected by his community, gave me a pig to raise; naturally I was quite pleased and as you might guess, I named my pig. Later, when she had grown, my father said my pig had to be slaughtered along with the rest; I cried and hated my father for a few days, yet learned an important lesson, the best way to take responsibility for what we eat is to be part of its making.

~ If you could forget a pet pig that was slaughtered & ate, then you are a tougher person than I. This would put a scar on my heart forever. I do understand that way of life. It's just not for me.

Years after I was active in 4-H clubs and other clubs for rural girls. I never minded hunting because it was part of one continuous flow of life. Just as I tended our cattle and worked in the fields and tended the garden, all was an integral part of my youth. Farm kids learn about life in a way, which is missing today. Even kids raised on farms today, do not have the same keen awareness as we did in past years. There is too much distraction, with video games, more organized sports, extra school activities, kids today are not nearly as in touch with the land.

People are losing touch is what sustains them; they come to feel lost and to remedy the loss, they fill the void with fanciful ideas about abstractions of morality, rather than following what is taught in scripture and it all stems from the same loss of feeling connected to something personal and greater than ourselves. Too many today search aimlessly for an assurance in something permanent. The best have good parents, because what is quickly eroding is our sense of community.

Be what you want, just do not judge too adamantly and keep a clear mind; humans must be our first concern, always, we are all God's children and we shall love our neighbour. It is fine to love animals, but putting them before humans, one falls a long way from the image of God.

~What made you think I was judging? I do not judge anyone. I merely stated that I am vegetarian, and explained my opinion. Are we not to have opinions here? I have NEVER put animals before humans, and am insulted that you have misinterpretted me.

BTW: forget the rep thing, just don't be bothered. I am a bit hard in ways, but I do respect the right to be different, even when I know it is wrong. Follow the simple TOL rules; the persons who are banned here usually ask for it.

~Ktoyou, How can you tell me my personal opinion is wrong? My mother died of heart disease, which is just one more reason for my vegetarian diet. Not to mention the hormones in the meat you eat! Long ago, a diet that included meat might have been healthy, not so today. I could go on, but I do not feel the need to defend my choices. I'm not asking you to agree with me. We are each free to make our own decisions and choices. I respect YOURS, and would hope you can respect mine as well.~

Angel7

Hi, Angel. Welcome to TOL. Lots of good places and people to dialog with around here.

Don't forget to slip on your hip waders before you venture off into the other places, though.

Are you opposed to eating meat at all, or just to eating meat from animals that were mistreated in the process? :cow:

~Hello! I am beginning to understand! Armour & waders are both necessary here! Is there any fun here? I have met some very nice people here though, and hope to learn from some of them!

~Yes, I am opposed to eating all meat, and in almost all cases, the process does envolve mistreatment, and cruelties beyond belief. Peta is a good place to learn the facts, (if you care to,) but only if you can be hardened to watching the horrific videos there.

Nice to meet you here, and hope to talk more!...:rapture:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
~Hello! I am beginning to understand! Armour & waders are both necessary here! Is there any fun here? I have met some very nice people here though, and hope to learn from some of them!

~Yes, I am opposed to eating all meat, and in almost all cases, the process does envolve mistreatment, and cruelties beyond belief. Peta is a good place to learn the facts, (if you care to,) but only if you can be hardened to watching the horrific videos there.

Nice to meet you here, and hope to talk more!...:rapture:
Nice to e-meet you too, Angel. Enjoy your time here.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, but you'll boil poor, defenceless peas alive and eat them. :plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

~WRONG. My Uncle was an avid hunter, and I witnessed more than I care to remember, thus I cannot even discuss it without sadness. I also understand farm life and spent much time on a farm in my childhood. You are wrong to assume.

~ Actually, cats CAN be fed a diet of vegetables, and quite successfully, with far less incidents of obesity. There are even dog & cat foods that are totally "green." Perhaps you have not owned a pet recently?

~ If you could forget a pet pig that was slaughtered & ate, then you are a tougher person than I. This would put a scar on my heart forever. I do understand that way of life. It's just not for me.

~What made you think I was judging? I do not judge anyone. I merely stated that I am vegetarian, and explained my opinion. Are we not to have opinions here? I have NEVER put animals before humans, and am insulted that you have misinterpretted me.

~Ktoyou, How can you tell me my personal opinion is wrong? My mother died of heart disease, which is just one more reason for my vegetarian diet. Not to mention the hormones in the meat you eat! Long ago, a diet that included meat might have been healthy, not so today. I could go on, but I do not feel the need to defend my choices. I'm not asking you to agree with me. We are each free to make our own decisions and choices. I respect YOURS, and would hope you can respect mine as well.~

How did it feel to just speak your mind? I knew you had it in you and while we disagree on what may seem like many issues, there is always a higher understanding, which transcends our disagreements, it is mutual trust.

You are right, I never heard of a vegetarian cat, or dog for that matter. You may have come to a different understanding of life had you lived in a society where much I have said is taken and natural, and perhaps for granted.

Long ago was yesterday for me; not eating meats raised in bulk and fed growth hormones, not grain fed, mainly grass fed. This was the way it had been and is still to a lesser degree. I do eat well still today and many are still able to choose where their meat come from, many ranchers exercise this choice.

I did not say you were wrong, rather made an assumption, which is true for the majority today. You told me I am wrong, and apparently, you're correct.

I appreciate your strong reaction. Now you know you have what it takes to stand up to anyone here. No one will do more than rebuke you for your beliefs and you have the right to rebuke them back.

The deepest water here is theological discussion and there are some knowledgeable persons on TOL. I doubt anyone would not answer your questions and if you disagree, it's fine. The only persons here who have some problem in this area, are those who continue to argue when the opposition is clear.

Do you think I respect you now?
K

Angel7

How did it feel to just speak your mind? I knew you had it in you and while we disagree on what may seem like many issues, there is always a higher understanding, which transcends our disagreements, it is mutual trust.

You are right, I never heard of a vegetarian cat, or dog for that matter. You may have come to a different understanding of life had you lived in a society where much I have said is taken and natural, and perhaps for granted.

Long ago was yesterday for me; not eating meats raised in bulk and fed growth hormones, not grain fed, mainly grass fed. This was the way it had been and is still to a lesser degree. I do eat well still today and many are still able to choose where their meat come from, many ranchers exercise this choice.

I did not say you were wrong, rather made an assumption, which is true for the majority today. You told me I am wrong, and apparently, you're correct.

I appreciate your strong reaction. Now you know you have what it takes to stand up to anyone here. No one will do more than rebuke you for your beliefs and you have the right to rebuke them back.

The deepest water here is theological discussion and there are some knowledgeable persons on TOL. I doubt anyone would not answer your questions and if you disagree, it's fine. The only persons here who have some problem in this area, are those who continue to argue when the opposition is clear.

Do you think I respect you now?
K

~Ktoyou...Are you done yankin' my chain?:rotfl:

YahuShuan

Hello! ~ This is my first post, at the requests of those of you who are curious, and wondering where I've been, since joining in August.

I am a Christian who has been given many miracles in my life. My eighteen-month-old, twin Grandbabies are just two of them! I am very blessed and I thank God each and every day.

I'm an animal welfare volunteer and activist, and love all critters! My six, rescued cats keep me almost as busy as my Grandbabies!

I hope to have more time to get involved with this site, and I look forward to meeting each of you! ~ Blessings to you all... :rapture:

Welcome A7. Blessings to you also, in the Name of Yahuweh and Yahu'Shua:)

Status
Not open for further replies.