Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

Right Divider

Body part
Israel is the Church when again we look at and consider the redemption promise made to Israel Ps 130:7-8

7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

The Promise is that the Lord shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities. Now this is fulfilled in the church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Titus is written to the Church, the Elect of God Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Its the same people, the Church, and Israel being redeemed from all iniquity ! No not ethnic national israel, they were a type, a shadow, but Spiritual Israel, Christs and Abrahams Spiritual seed.
The body of Christ is not spiritual Israel. Spiritual Israel is spiritual Israel.
The body of Christ is a new creature.

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ has not replaced Israel, but is Israel in union with her Husband and Saviour Jesus/Israel. Yes Jesus is Israel, scripture reveals this. Who does the Prophet mean as Israel here Isa 49:3

And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

This is none other than Jesus Christ in whom God is Glorified.

Jn 13:31

Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Jn 17:4

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Now the name Israel means:

Israel = "God prevails"

Remember when God first named Jacob Israel ? Notice the words Gen 32:28

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The greek word for Israel :

Israel = "he shall be a prince of God"

The risen Christ is the Prince Israel and Saviour Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now this word prince equates to Israel, now understand, this Prince Israel is the Head of His Body the Church, and One with His Wife, who can deny that Christ is now the Head of His Body the Church Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Herein lies the great Mystery, that Christ and His Body the Church are One Flesh Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So the Church is One Flesh with Israel, the Prince of God, who has prevailed.

If Christ is Israel, the servant of God in whom God is Glorified Isa 49:3

Then His Body the Church, with whom He is One Flesh, is also Israel, this is the Mystery !

beloved57

Israel and the Church are the same, Jacob spoke of this in prophesying about the gathering of the People through Christ Messiah, the Seed of the woman, Paul established the same prophesy Gen 49:9-10

9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Shiloh is Jesus Christ, and He shall come, do a work [His Cross Work] and it shall be for the gathering of the People, the Church of God out of the jews and gentiles.

The High Priest also either wittngly or unwittinly spoke of the same John 11:52

And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Now Paul Eph 1:10

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Also John again Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring is another way of saying gather !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Church, the Body of Christ has not replaced Israel, but is Israel in union with her Husband and Saviour Jesus/Israel. Yes Jesus is Israel, scripture reveals this. Who does the Prophet mean as Israel here Isa 49:3

This is none other than Jesus Christ in whom God is Glorified.

Jn 13:31

Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

Jn 17:4

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Now the name Israel means:

Israel = "God prevails"

Remember when God first named Jacob Israel ? Notice the words Gen 32:28

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

The greek word for Israel :

Israel = "he shall be a prince of God"

The risen Christ is the Prince Israel and Saviour Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Now this word prince equates to Israel, now understand, this Prince Israel is the Head of His Body the Church, and One with His Wife, who can deny that Christ is now the Head of His Body the Church Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Herein lies the great Mystery, that Christ and His Body the Church are One Flesh Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So the Church is One Flesh with Israel, the Prince of God, who has prevailed.

If Christ is Israel, the servant of God in whom God is Glorified Isa 49:3

Then His Body the Church, with whom He is One Flesh, is also Israel, this is the Mystery !
It is not the mystery. it is only a figment of your wild imagination. you are are heretic plain and simple. This is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit.Hewas seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the word and taken to heaven in glory. (NLT)