Hall of Fame Members, How You Doin'?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Someone seemed interested so I thought I'd start a thread to relieve people of their concern over the general and particular welfare of the group.

So let me get this kicked off...I'm feeling fine. Had a nice walk through my woods with Jack today and the sky was this ridiculously bright blue, the sun was warm on us, a slight cool breeze just barely making sweaters necessary. Perfect fall like weather here.

Thanks for the interest.

To the rest of the Hall, the floor is open.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, it's really cold. I am not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I hate winter. Especially the white stuff.

Outside of that, doing okay.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know I'm not a member but just wanted to say thanks for the thread. This is one less worry for me. I'm glad Townie and Rusha are doing well. And Rusha, I hate winter as well. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Did you have a good day today TH?
Not bad. It was too cold for an outside jaunt with Jack, so we settled for a photo safari from the Ram, taking in the local Centennial Park. It's a goodly size property still in development, has a river access that looks like a scene out of every Southern swamp you see in a movie, including an thin old pier and a sign with bullet holes. :D

Jack told his mother, "We saw where the gators live!"

That's a good day. Tonight I put him in bed, said prayers and let him fall asleep against me. It goes easier that way. He likes to know I'm there when he's fading and in the morning when he wakes. So I am.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not bad. It was too cold for an outside jaunt with Jack, so we settled for a photo safari from the Ram, taking in the local Centennial Park. It's a goodly size property still in development, has a river access that looks like a scene out of every Southern swamp you see in a movie, including an thin old pier and a sign with bullet holes. :D

Jack told his mother, "We saw where the gators live!"

That's a good day. Tonight I put him in bed, said prayers and let him fall asleep against me. It goes easier that way. He likes to know I'm there when he's fading and in the morning when he wakes. So I am.

That sounds fun :) We drove down near where i think you are to go to florida, we veered off and went down around mobile bay, to see what it looked like around there and wanted to take a ferry from dauphin island over to orange beach and was going to drive the long way through alabama into pensacola all the way to destin, but when we got to the ferry it was closed lol so we had to turn around and go all the way back - i liked that really long bridge though over the water and dauphin island and sad that missed a ferry trip on the ocean..

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That sounds fun :) We drove down near where i think you are to go to florida, we veered off and went down around mobile bay, to see what it looked like around there
I wish you'd had a taste of Government Street in Mobile. It has a great feel. Lots of really beautiful homes along that rout.

and wanted to take a ferry from dauphin island over to orange beach
That's a nice ride.

and was going to drive the long way through alabama into pensacola all the way to destin, but when we got to the ferry it was closed lol so we had to turn around and go all the way back - i liked that really long bridge though over the water and dauphin island and sad that missed a ferry trip on the ocean..
Sorry you missed a ride across the Gulf. It's not long, but it's a pleasant one. There's not a lot on the island on the Mobile side, though you should have seen the fort and the science center. Orange Beach has our giant Ferris wheel and our favorite burger joint. I put a few shots of that in the Jack thread over the summer. The Cuban is marvelous.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I wish you'd had a taste of Government Street in Mobile. It has a great feel. Lots of really beautiful homes along that rout.

That's a nice ride.

Sorry you missed a ride across the Gulf. It's not long, but it's a pleasant one. There's not a lot on the island on the Mobile side, though you should have seen the fort and the science center. Orange Beach has our giant Ferris wheel and our favorite burger joint. I put a few shots of that in the Jack thread over the summer. The Cuban is marvelous.

Hopefully we will get to do it again and maybe the ferry will be working this time :) Oh and ill take a look at government street, is it downtown, i think we were next to downtown mobile when we went through a tunnel, is it far from that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hopefully we will get to do it again and maybe the ferry will be working this time :) Oh and ill take a look at government street, is it downtown, i think we were next to downtown mobile when we went through a tunnel, is it far from that?
Not far, though how depends on the tunnel. The old Bankhead tunnel empties onto Government Street. The other, newer tunnel that runs across the bayway is the George Wallace and it runs toward Pensacola and around the outside of the city, though there's an exit onto Water Street that's one left away from Government.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not far, though how depends on the tunnel. The old Bankhead tunnel empties onto Government Street. The other, newer tunnel that runs across the bayway is the George Wallace and it runs toward Pensacola and around the outside of the city, though there's an exit onto Water Street that's one left away from Government.

We were headed toward Pensacola, so its probably that one - we werent able to go the beach drive from there either when we got to pensacola, it was closed also because of a storm several days before, but we got to see a neat white house in the shape of a dome while we were there

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We were headed toward Pensacola, so its probably that one.
If it was light and relatively short and you ended up crossing the water on a bridge right out of it then you were passing through the Wallace tunnel. The battleship Alabama should have been on your right not long after that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If it was light and relatively short and you ended up crossing the water on a bridge right out of it then you were passing through the Wallace tunnel. The battleship Alabama should have been on your right not long after that.

Yes, thats the one

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Glad it is the weekend! Hoping I can get in a little goofing off time today. Lately my schedule is conflicting with that of my Wife and daughter and I have been needing to babysit during my normal relaxing times. Little D won't be two forever though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Taking Jack to Mobile today. Going to have his first IMAX experience (something to do with butterflies) and a romp in the Explorium, then lunch and maybe Fort Conde and/or the battleship if it isn't too cold out and he isn't off his feet. :D