GUNS!

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a Mossberg 500 "Watchdog"

It's chambered for 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

Not too expensive, but I've enjoyed it very much.

It also came with an attachable flashlight and laser, but I took them off.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice shotgun and the prices I saw on it made it even better. Nice find!

I'm not overly fond of the plastic stock and so forth, but for the price, it's been an excellent gun!

Some day, I'd still like to invest in a nice (expensive) break action shotgun...one of the old-fashioned types. But I'm happy with what I have for now.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I can understand that!

I've got 3 guns that I spent more on than I normally would, usually I'm pretty frugal.

The way I see it is, "pretty doesn't necessarily make it good", so if I can hit and bring down what I'm shooting at then the gun is a good one!

The most accurate "out of the box" gun I own is that little $350, 17 caliber rifle and it has become one of my favorites.

But every once in awhile I see one of the old style guns that unfortunately carry's the price tag to go with it and I do a little dreaming.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a Mossberg 500 "Watchdog"

It's chambered for 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells.

Not too expensive, but I've enjoyed it very much.

It also came with an attachable flashlight and laser, but I took them off.

That aught to put some serious holes in something! I still haven't bought a pump, so the only scatter gun I have is a SxS 12 ga.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Latley I have been looking at the Stevens 350 Pump Field/Security Combo For $200 it has a 28" barrel and an 18 1/4"

Not fancy but a lot of gun with a lot of options for $200!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Latley I have been looking at the Stevens 350 Pump Field/Security Combo For $200 it has a 28" barrel and an 18 1/4"

Not fancy but a lot of gun with a lot of options for $200!

I can't speak intelligently on the weapon as I have no first hand experience with it. I can say it's based on John Moses Brownings (PBUH) Remington Mod.17/Ithaca Mod.37 (which happens to be a design I highly favor)...unfortunately there has been quality issues with the Stevens offering (depending upon who you talk to). :idunno:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I can't speak intelligently on the weapon as I have no first hand experience with it. I can say it's based on John Moses Brownings (PBUH) Remington Mod.17/Ithaca Mod.37 (which happens to be a design I highly favor)...unfortunately there has been quality issues with the Stevens offering (depending upon who you talk to). :idunno:

Ditto!

Did a scan on it and some of the reviews are not very good at all.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It is a Chinese copy of the Ithaca 37. The reviews I have read, while they complain about fit and finish, don't have anything bad to say about function. Unless you are a left, that is. I do like the idea of having 2 barrels. One for HD and one for clays. Of course I could get 2 used Maverick 88s for not much more and leave the barrels on.

The Berean

Some of you baseball fans might know that the Houston Astro's original name was the Houston Colt .45's. Here is the cover of their first year book from 1962. Hey vegascowboy how cool is this?! :AoO:

279d1153111284-colt-stadium-1962-houston-colt-45-yearbook-.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of you baseball fans might know that the Houston Astro's original name was the Houston Colt .45's. Here is the cover of their first year book from 1962. Hey vegascowboy how cool is this?! :AoO:

279d1153111284-colt-stadium-1962-houston-colt-45-yearbook-.jpg

I completely missed this!! Three of the greatest things in the world here: Cowboy guns, baseball, and Texas!!

Speaking of several of the above, as you probably heard I got a VERY nice replica of an 1874 Colt .45.

I went to the Bass Pro Shop (where I happened to be closest to) and asked them for some ammo. The only brand they had was Hornady. Do any of you have any recommendations for other brands? Is this a good one? I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to take it shooting!!

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I'd join you.....but I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about cowboy guns. I do like the 30-30 and the 45-70, but I'm more of a 1911 and onward gun kinda guy.

PS. I'm the kinda guy that calls them "weapons." It must be left over from my Army days. I was in the First Cav Division...you might appreciate that VC.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd join you.....but I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about cowboy guns. I do like the 30-30 and the 45-70, but I'm more of a 1911 and onward gun kinda guy.

PS. I'm the kinda guy that calls them "weapons." It must be left over from my Army days. I was in the First Cav Division...you might appreciate that VC.

I do appreciate that. My father was in the First Infantry Division...the Big Red One.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I completely missed this!! Three of the greatest things in the world here: Cowboy guns, baseball, and Texas!!

Speaking of several of the above, as you probably heard I got a VERY nice replica of an 1874 Colt .45.

I went to the Bass Pro Shop (where I happened to be closest to) and asked them for some ammo. The only brand they had was Hornady. Do any of you have any recommendations for other brands? Is this a good one? I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to take it shooting!!

Whoa..whoa..whoa, there son. That's premium defense ammo...kinda pricey for target shooting. :nono: