GUNS!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
On a side note; after happily totin' around my little .38 S&W for 5 or so years, this theater thing has me seriously considering upping my game a bit. :think:

:jawdrop:

Do I here the birth of a Sig Sauer 1911 C3 in progress?

Try Winchester 230 Ball in it, as proper nutrition is essential for good performance.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:jawdrop:

Do I here the birth of a Sig Sauer 1911 C3 in progress?

Try Winchester 230 Ball in it, as proper nutrition is essential for good performance.

:chuckle: No, that's just the old P229 9mm. I never really took to the single action as a concealed carry gun. I prefer DA/SA (Even over the modern striker fire triggers... I guess I'm just old and stuck in my ways.) and I'm a big adherent of shot placement and rapid follow up.

If the Bradys get their way and limit magazine capacities though I can assure you that I will go to the .45ACP to make up for the volume lost. :chuckle:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I'm a big adherent of shot placement and rapid follow up.

Gotta agree with you there....the way I see it is if the shot placement is good with a 45 on the first round, no need in rapid follow up.

If the Bradys get their way and limit magazine capacities though I can assure you that I will go to the .45ACP to make up for the volume lost. :chuckle:

:chuckle: We do differ some, I believe in buy now and beat the rush. I hate lines an price increases, I had to pay an extra $25 on a purchase last year because I waited a couple extra days making my mind up. :idunno:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I like the Compound bow pse Thunderbolt

Many years ago I tried bows but I was doing a lot of competition rifle shooting so I lost interest in the bows.

Now that may life has slowed down a good bit I decided to pick up cross bow shooting...got an inexpensive Tacoma Track 150 as a start up bow. I knew cross bows had a lot of power but this one really surprised me. Too bad they aren't belt fed! :rotfl:

Just watched the video...self cocking and loading electric cross bows, my dreams have been answered.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Many years ago I tried bows but I was doing a lot of competition rifle shooting so I lost interest in the bows.

Now that may life has slowed down a good bit I decided to pick up cross bow shooting...got an inexpensive Tacoma Track 150 as a start up bow. I knew cross bows had a lot of power but this one really surprised me. Too bad they aren't belt fed! :rotfl:

You can't have one of those!....They are armor piercing! :shocked:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Gotta agree with you there....the way I see it is if the shot placement is good with a 45 on the first round, no need in rapid follow up.

If the shot placement is good with anything on the first round there is no need for a rapid follow-up....Unless there are multiple targets. ;)

:chuckle: We do differ some, I believe in buy now and beat the rush. I hate lines an price increases, I had to pay an extra $25 on a purchase last year because I waited a couple extra days making my mind up. :idunno:

:mad: Price gougers!

;)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Oh no, not that argument again...OK, OK, I just like big bullets!;)

:chuckle:

514_400x400_Framed.jpg

;)

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dare I ask how much $$? Or by new you mean replica and not just new to you.

Tom already answered this, but yes, it is a replica.

I am very pleased with Uberti and their attention to detail. They don't cut corners, and they do their research.

Great guns.

I'm having an identity crisis. I always thought I was a Glock man, but then I started shooting and liking Sigs. Now I have nearly as many Sigs as Glocks. The last three guns I bought (not all at the same time) were a Sig Sauer 1911SS (.45 ACP) without rail (I don't like rails on Sigs); a CZ75B (9 mm) (no rail here either. I got this beauty in my hands and couldn't let go, plus the dealer gave me an extra 10% discount); and two weeks ago, a Glock 33 (.357 Sig). I have ... a number of Glocks but this is my first .357 Sig. I couldn't pass it up at $399. (The owner also knocked 10% off, I guess because I'm a regular.) I'm looking forward to some serious range time as soon as I get some ammo to replace what I'll inevitably shoot.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm having an identity crisis. I always thought I was a Glock man, but then I started shooting and liking Sigs. Now I have nearly as many Sigs as Glocks. The last three guns I bought (not all at the same time) were a Sig Sauer 1911SS (.45 ACP) without rail (I don't like rails on Sigs); a CZ75B (9 mm) (no rail here either. I got this beauty in my hands and couldn't let go, plus the dealer gave me an extra 10% discount); and two weeks ago, a Glock 33 (.357 Sig). I have ... a number of Glocks but this is my first .357 Sig. I couldn't pass it up at $399. (The owner also knocked 10% off, I guess because I'm a regular.) I'm looking forward to some serious range time as soon as I get some ammo to replace what I'll inevitably shoot.

I have always been, and will most likely always be, a Glock man. Having said that, there is no shame in owning and enjoying Sig Sauers. They are good guns, and well made.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Tom already answered this, but yes, it is a replica.

I am very pleased with Uberti and their attention to detail. They don't cut corners, and they do their research.

Great guns.

Uberti makes a good gun...my Rolling Block 45/70 was built by Uberti, haven't had a problem with it in 12 years.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.newson6.com/story/19858704/12-year-old-girl-shoots-intruder-during-home-invasion

The during that time, the intruder made his way through the house. St. Clair's daughter told deputies the man came into the room where she was hiding and began to open up the closet door. That was when the 12-year-old had to make a life-saving decision.

"And what we understand right now, he was turning the doorknob when she fired through the door," said the Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden.

:up: