Greetings peoples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello all! Even though I've already mades some posts, I wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Clarence Davis II (the second), I'm 24 years of age from Dallas, Texas. I believe in holiness plus nothing with some respect towards Calvinistic, Dispensational, and Arminian theology. I've been a born again Christian for 8 years going on 9, and I look forward with interacting and furnishing friendship with you all. I hope to be inspired, enlightened, and edified, and pray I can provide the same for you. Be Blessed!
Welcome to TOL!

AMR

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Great...
Holy rollers.

Yet another puritan. :vomit:. Exactly what we needed....

You should get dinged for this...you were greeted pleasantly enough by people who fundamentally take exception with your foundational approach. You seem to be devolving of late...disappointing.

Nydhogg

You should get dinged for this...you were greeted pleasantly enough by people who fundamentally take exception with your foundational approach. You seem to be devolving of late...disappointing.

It was a cheap shot, and uncalled for.
I'll apologize.

Looking forward to arguing with you, CD2. After all, butting heads with the moralist types in Politics is hella fun.

CD2man

I'll apologize.

Looking forward to arguing with you, CD2. After all, butting heads with the moralist types in Politics is hella fun.

Not a problem. I took no offense to your statement, actually thought it was funny. I look forward to our interaction and maybe fellowship. :)

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello all! Even though I've already mades some posts, I wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Clarence Davis II (the second), I'm 24 years of age from Dallas, Texas. I believe in holiness plus nothing with some respect towards Calvinistic, Dispensational, and Arminian theology. I've been a born again Christian for 8 years going on 9, and I look forward with interacting and furnishing friendship with you all. I hope to be inspired, enlightened, and edified, and pray I can provide the same for you. Be Blessed!

Mr Congeniality here...

Welcome to TOL. A forum of diversity, which you have seen already.

This is a great forum to be in, at, and around.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll apologize.
Glad to see it. I thought you began with a leveler head than noted of late...for instance, it's one thing to advance the position that you value liberty above any other thing, and something else to threaten to harm an officer of the court for performing his or her duty under the law. It's one thing to argue that a fetus should be viewed as an extension of the mother and under her autonomous control and another to shout of its worthlessness in the face of those you understand hold an equally adamant and opposing view.

Methodology in approach is important. Now I have been known, from time to time, to take a sardonic stick to this or that poster, but I never begin a contest of ideas with insult, humorous or not--though I have and will enter wielding that stick against someone who has advanced their ideas with that sort of opening... I think you approach someone who is differing respectfully in that same spirit and you count coup on those who bluster in with exaggeration and a meanness of spirit. I've also noted that people who utilize that meanness of spirit as an integral part of their methodology only succeed in attracting a handful of similarly stunted souls to their part (and then more as reflections than allies) and quickly marginalize their impact and opinion among the larger body here.

:e4e:

Nydhogg

Glad to see it. I thought you began with a leveler head than noted of late...for instance, it's one thing to advance the position that you value liberty above any other thing, and something else to threaten to harm an officer of the court for performing his or her duty under the law. It's one thing to argue that a fetus should be viewed as an extension of the mother and under her autonomous control and another to shout of its worthlessness in the face of those you understand hold an equally adamant and opposing view.

Methodology in approach is important. Now I have been known, from time to time, to take a sardonic stick to this or that poster, but I never begin a contest of ideas with insult, humorous or not--though I have and will enter wielding that stick against someone who has advanced their ideas with that sort of opening... I think you approach someone who is differing respectfully in that same spirit and you count coup on those who bluster in with exaggeration and a meanness of spirit. I've also noted that people who utilize that meanness of spirit as an integral part of their methodology only succeed in attracting a handful of similarly stunted souls to their part (and then more as reflections than allies) and quickly marginalize their impact and opinion among the larger body here.

:e4e:

I admit, it was uncalled for.
As for my hardliner stance in politics: It was always there. I'm generally a zealot.

And I don't advocate violence.
Currently I advocate a complete shutdown of all government through organizing the body of technicians and engaging in a massive, no end in sight wildcat strike.
Y'know. Suff stops working. Not a fine, not a criminal case, not a bureaucrat's salary, not an airport, not a power plant, not an industry works.
Infrastructure simply ceases to function. Consequently the State would grind to a screeching halt.

It would pose a bigger threat to a government than an armed uprising. And technicians are a small enough part of the population that they could be effectively organized.

Last edited:

zippy2006

Welcome :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.