Greetings peoples

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD2man

Clarence, how is God going to keep you if you choose out of freewill to walk away, to reject God later, to not keep yourself in God, then, seriously, right? We were just talking about how God promises to keep those who are saved. Do you really believe that God can and will keep you, if you are saved, or do you think that God is not going to keep you because you may just decide to walk away because of freewill?

I believe God works with our free will. By faith I trust in Christ for my salvation, by faith I live to please the Lord, through the Holy Spirit I learn the ways of God and He teaches and leads me into further sanctification. Now is it possible for me to backslide? Yes. Is it likely? Not in this world.

Joey let me ask you this: Do you think a person is saved regardless of their lifestyle/actions?

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Sort of a neighbor here, CD2man, from Shreveport, LA. Welcome to TOL! :wave2: ~Randy
You never welcomed me to TOL, Randy, right, why not? Ok, it s ok. Just saying.

Clarence, about what we were talking about earlier, you might have contradicted yourself. Or maybe not. Let me think about that. Hold on.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
I believe God works with our free will. By faith I trust in Christ for my salvation, by faith I live to please the Lord, through the Holy Spirit I learn the ways of God and He teaches and leads me into further sanctification. Now is it possible for me to backslide? Yes. Is it likely? Not in this world. Joey let me ask you this: Do you think a person is saved regardless of their lifestyle/actions?

If God promises to keep somebody, then who am I to force God into breaking that promise?

CD2man

Once a person gets saved, are they ever going to thirst again, or will or desire to ever leave?

If a person gets truly saved with a determined and become soled out to God, no. So I assume you would say that if an individual that was "saved" backslid, they most likely wasn't really saved to begin with, correct?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You never welcomed me to TOL, Randy, right, why not? Ok, it s ok. Just saying.

Clarence, about what we were talking about earlier, you might have contradicted yourself. Or maybe not. Let me think about that. Hold on.

I miss some folks. Where are you from, Joey?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You should know in advance, CD, that a conversation with JA is like shaking a Magic 8 Ball...if you think it's ever going to end, well...:deadhorse:

CD2man

You should know in advance, CD, that a conversation with JA is like shaking a Magic 8 Ball...if you think it's ever going to end, well...:deadhorse:

Lol! JA is cool. I actually like the interaction. I was wondering, though, if he ever slept.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hello all! Even though I've already mades some posts, I wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Clarence Davis II (the second), I'm 24 years of age from Dallas, Texas. I believe in holiness plus nothing with some respect towards Calvinistic, Dispensational, and Arminian theology. I've been a born again Christian for 8 years going on 9, and I look forward with interacting and furnishing friendship with you all. I hope to be inspired, enlightened, and edified, and pray I can provide the same for you. Be Blessed!

Howdy CD2m.

Pull up a stump. Care for a biscuit? There's a bit of honey as well...

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Howdy from Plano, sir!

Always glad to see another Texan!

Joey Arnold is not the standard, here, but rather the exception. I'm not sure if that is meant to be a compliment or an insult, but there you go.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never knew you to get excited about biscuits maybe... and:banned:

Augustus cooked his biscuits outside for three reasons. One was because they house was sure to heat up well enough anyway during the day, so there was no point in building any more of a fire than was necessary for bacon and eggs. Two was because biscuits cooked in a Dutch oven tasted better than stove-cooked biscuits, and three was because he liked to be outside to catch the first light. A man that depended on an indoor cookstove would miss the sunrise, and if he missed sunrise in Lonesome Dove, he would have to wait out a long stretch of heat and dust before he got to see anything so pretty.

:e4e:

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Howdy from Plano, sir!

Always glad to see another Texan!

Joey Arnold is not the standard, here, but rather the exception. I'm not sure if that is meant to be a compliment or an insult, but there you go.

Deets, might I be the exception if I do in fact believe in heresy at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.