Greetings peoples

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD2man

Hello all! Even though I've already mades some posts, I wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Clarence Davis II (the second), I'm 24 years of age from Dallas, Texas. I believe in holiness plus nothing with some respect towards Calvinistic, Dispensational, and Arminian theology. I've been a born again Christian for 8 years going on 9, and I look forward with interacting and furnishing friendship with you all. I hope to be inspired, enlightened, and edified, and pray I can provide the same for you. Be Blessed!

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Hello all! Even though I've already mades some posts, I wanted to introduce myself formally. My name is Clarence Davis II (the second), I'm 24 years of age from Dallas, Texas. I believe in holiness plus nothing with some respect towards Calvinistic, Dispensational, and Arminian theology. I've been a born again Christian for 8 years going on 9, and I look forward with interacting and furnishing friendship with you all. I hope to be inspired, enlightened, and edified, and pray I can provide the same for you. Be Blessed!

Clarence, what do you mean by holiness plus nothing?

CD2man

Clarence, what do you mean by holiness plus nothing?

I'm glad you asked Joey. I believe that holiness is God's standard of living for the saints. 1 Peter 1:15-16 states "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy for I am holy."

If you notice the Apostle Peter used the word 'conversation' which is translated in the Greek as meaning behavior or conduct. Because God is a holy God He expects us to live our lives in like manner, and this can be done through the assistance of the Holy Spirit. Wesley and Finney called it 'entire sanctification'. Therefore as one who would like to "walk worthy of the vocation wherewith I'm called" I strive to live a pure, holy and sanctified life through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit.

I hope that clarified some things for you.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad you asked Joey. I believe that holiness is God's standard of living for the saints. 1 Peter 1:15-16 states "But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy for I am holy."

If you notice the Apostle Peter used the word 'conversation' which is translated in the Greek as meaning behavior or conduct. Because God is a holy God He expects us to live our lives in like manner, and this can be done through the assistance of the Holy Spirit. Wesley and Finney called it 'entire sanctification'. Therefore as one who would like to "walk worthy of the vocation wherewith I'm called" I strive to live a pure, holy and sanctified life through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit.

I hope that clarified some things for you.

Clarence, thanks. What you're saying reminds me of The Salvation Army: which is a holiness movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiness_Movement) based off John Wesley, as you already mentioned. I bring that up to see if you were referring to this exactly, or to see if you were to agree with this, or with similar things, such as Methodism. Plus, these things are oppose to Antinomianism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinomianism), Protestantism. There is probably more.

Anyways, I attend The Salvation Army, who believe in these things. However, the obvious question is going to be then, do you believe in earning your salvation (which might go against Ephesians 2:7, 8, 9, 10) through your works of holiness, still?

CD2man

Clarence, thanks. What you're saying reminds me of The Salvation Army: which is a holiness movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holiness_Movement) based off John Wesley, as you already mentioned. I bring that up to see if you were referring to this exactly, or to see if you were to agree with this, or with similar things, such as Methodism. Plus, these things are oppose to Antinomianism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinomianism), Protestantism. There is probably more.

Anyways, I attend The Salvation Army, who believe in these things. However, the obvious question is going to be then, do you believe in earning your salvation (which might go against Ephesians 2:7, 8, 9, 10) through your works of holiness, still?

Actually I am aware of the Salvation Army that was started by William and Catherine Boothe, however, I don't believe in earning salvation through works. Christ fully earned salvation for me and once I accepted Him I was saved. Now I do believe that as a result of my salvation I am to live holy, which can only be maintained through prayer, fasting, and in living obedience to the Lord's commands. As the old adage says "You don't have to work for salvation, but after you get saved you will work."

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Actually I am aware of the Salvation Army that was started by William and Catherine Boothe, however, I don't believe in earning salvation through works. Christ fully earned salvation for me and once I accepted Him I was saved. Now I do believe that as a result of my salvation I am to live holy, which can only be maintained through prayer, fasting, and in living obedience to the Lord's commands. As the old adage says "You don't have to work for salvation, but after you get saved you will work."

Clarence. Good. But what can you lose your salvation, still?

CD2man

Clarence. Good. But what can you lose your salvation, still?

It depends on what you mean by "lose". My salvation is perfectly secure in Christ and as long as I have faith in Him as the source of salvation my salvation remains. There is a possibility of "losing" my salvation if I reject God's sacrifice in His son and turn my back on fulfilling His will for my life, namely returning to a lifestyle of sin.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
It depends on what you mean by "lose". My salvation is perfectly secure in Christ and as long as I have faith in Him as the source of salvation my salvation remains. There is a possibility of "losing" my salvation if I reject God's sacrifice in His son and turn my back on fulfilling His will for my life, namely returning to a lifestyle of sin.

Will you ever or can you ever reject God's sacrifice?

CD2man

Will you ever or can you ever reject God's sacrifice?

As far as I know, right now, I have no desire in me to reject the holy sacrifice of God. And I'm persuaded and determined not to ever discount its effect upon my life. When I committed my heart to the Lord, it was for the rest of my life not for the rest of that month or week..

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
As far as I know, right now, I have no desire in me to reject the holy sacrifice of God. And I'm persuaded and determined not to ever discount its effect upon my life. When I committed my heart to the Lord, it was for the rest of my life not for the rest of that month or week..

Are you scared of the possibility of rejecting Christ someday, or the possibility of blaspheme to the Holy Spirit, or the possibility of doing something really bad, or the possibility of walking away, of not believing in the faith any more?

CD2man

Are you scared of the possibility of rejecting Christ someday, or the possibility of blaspheme to the Holy Spirit, or the possibility of doing something really bad, or the possibility of walking away, of not believing in the faith any more?

Not at all. "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded the he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." -2 Tim 1:12, I believe that He's able to keep me from falling, and present my fautless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. (Jude 24)

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Not at all. "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded the he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." -2 Tim 1:12, I believe that He's able to keep me from falling, and present my faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. (Jude 24)

Do you really believe that God is going to keep you?

CD2man

Clarence, if that's the case, then how can you ever walk away from the faith then?

Because man/humanity still possess free will. Being saved doesn't make me a zombie, I still must choose to deny self and take up my cross and follow the Lord daily or as Paul said "die daily".

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Because man/humanity still possess free will. Being saved doesn't make me a zombie, I still must choose to deny self and take up my cross and follow the Lord daily or as Paul said "die daily".

Clarence, how is God going to keep you if you choose out of freewill to walk away, to reject God later, to not keep yourself in God, then, seriously, right? We were just talking about how God promises to keep those who are saved. Do you really believe that God can and will keep you, if you are saved, or do you think that God is not going to keep you because you may just decide to walk away because of freewill?

Last edited:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sort of a neighbor here, CD2man, from Shreveport, LA. Welcome to TOL! :wave2:

~Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.