ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes, have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation?

I trusted the Lord on the night He revealed grace to me through guiding me (a totally lost unbeliever existing only as a blank spiritual slate) to read the promise of Ezra 9:8.

This reading changed my heart forever . . .

Later, I learned the depths of this bestowed grace as taught in the entirety of Holy Scripture, which includes Paul's teachings in I Corinthians 15:1-4.

Now, if you insist and persist on saying I was not saved until I later read I Cor. 15:1-4, you have a serious contradiction on your hands and head.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I trusted the Lord on the night He revealed grace to me through guiding me (a totally lost unbeliever existing only as a blank spiritual slate) to read the promise of Ezra 9:8.

Later, I learned the depths of this bestowed grace as taught in the entirety of Holy Scripture, which includes Paul's teachings in I Corinthians 15:1-4.

Now, if you insist and persist on saying I was not saved until I later read I Cor. 15:1-4, you have a serious contradiction on your hands and head.
Deleted

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Dear TB,

I hope you do not place any contradiction upon my testimony of being saved by reading and trusting Ezra 9:8 before later finding & also believing I Cor. 15:1-4 . . .

He was reiterating that it would be a contradiction for someone to persist in saying you weren't saved until the later 1Cor 15 scenario. :)

Eagles Wings

Praise God, for using this passage in Ezra to bring you to Himself.

Sonnet

It DOES... as the source FOR them. But if one doesn't understand the breadth of ALL Greeks nouns being anarthrous, and THEN having the article added; the nearly-endless depth of meaning is lost because the English language simply cannot process all that structural information that is innately imbedded in Greek noun constructs.

Will respond - but bit busy at moment....
:)

Sonnet

It DOES... as the source FOR them. But if one doesn't understand the breadth of ALL Greeks nouns being anarthrous, and THEN having the article added; the nearly-endless depth of meaning is lost because the English language simply cannot process all that structural information that is innately imbedded in Greek noun constructs.

? It's the definite article that is always 'missing' in Greek as far as I am aware - so why are you saying 'ALL Greeks nouns being anarthrous'.

Sonnet

No. They would render it as a word in its direct form. It's the appropriate plural form with the article. The text itelf is not a lexicon, and translation is daunting enough with balancing word-for-word literality and thought-for-thought literality. Adding such lexical minutiae to the text would give us a New Testament of extreme length.

And you have interposed anarthrous for articular above. The Greek article attached to plural hamartia is more than source OR act, OR sourc AND act combined. In Greek, the article makes the noun into a stand-alone concept, and can personify the noun. It serves to nominalize or conceptualize.

I don't see any scholars conceptualizing it as you doing though. I have seen it said that the articular points to a particularity (of the noun) just as with the English 'the'.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Perverting the gospel of Christ is adding any requirements beyond trusting the Lord believing it for salvation.

Acts 21:25 states: "As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication."

The "Christian Jews" desired that the newly saved Gentiles be burdened with being circumcised and to follow the law. When all the time, they couldn't even obey the law. Paul had a 'different' Gospel for the Gentiles that was given to him by the "acsended Lord Jesus Christ." The Grace Gospel, that The Apostle Paul preached to the Gentiles was, that they were saved by faith alone without circumcision or the law. Paul finally compromised with the believing Jews in order to placate them so that they would accept the Gentile believers.

Status
Not open for further replies.