ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
To further answer PPSs question, we are ALL multi-faceted people. We ALL express ourselves differently. It depends on the situation how we communicate with others. I'm a man who has a serious side, a humorous, witty side, and a sarcastic side. However, all these facets of my being come from the same source. That source being, my particular personality.

And you think you exude justified godliness through all those facets.

Key word being think.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Paul was also a tent maker.

Titus

Chapter 2

1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Cross Reference

Paul was also a tent maker.

Titus

Chapter 2

1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Huh?? What does any of that have to do with learning the ways of God . . as Father? Do you believe after all that you will in union with Him? V14 is a starter for understanding sons being that peculiar people. . . Got more?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Huh?? What does any of that have to do with learning the ways of God . . as Father? Do you believe after all that you will in union with Him?

You stumble here....

Cross Reference

Son-ship is a growing up process to be as Jesus was in His flesh. He proved Himself as was translated. Ya there yet? What do you think you need to arrive at that juncture in your life?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Those who are today are self appointed.

This is the kind of statement one expects from those who do not take Hebrews to heart.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Psalms 94:1
O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Son-ship is a growing up process to be as Jesus was in His flesh. Ya there yet?

Close enough....

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

What do you think you need to arrive at that juncture in your life?

Nothing.

In my patience, which I have received through tribulation, I possess my soul while waiting and pressing for more of Christ's quickening.

With confidence as well as fear and trembling.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
NOTHING I say is a "Pattern of Nothingness." I mean every word and sentance I post.

Well... At least we got 4 decent posts, whether some agree with the content or not.

Now it's back to the mind-numbing nothingness of drive-by one-liners; with no wit, and plain meanness as attempted sarcasm.

Carry on (oh, wayward son). LOL.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well... At least we got 4 decent posts, whether some agree with the content or not.

Now it's back to the mind-numbing nothingness of drive-by one-liners; with no wit, and plain meanness as attempted sarcasm.

Carry on (oh, wayward son). LOL.

Now that my orders have come in, I will follow them like a real Trooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.