Gold As Everyday Currency

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said we should value and covet "God, not mammon."

Do the Scriptures speak contradictions or do some wrongly divide the word of truth?

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

2Co 12:14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do the Scriptures speak contradictions or do some wrongly divide the word of truth?

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

2Co 12:14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children

right. good scriptures -

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Going to be tricky carrying that around in one's pocket. Just sayin'. :AMR:

AMR

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

If we could go back in time, every author of every verse in the Bible would confidently assert they are speaking the unvarnished truth.

Much like all of us do here on TOL.

Any sense of the holy and the sacred has to be filtered down through real, actual human beings existing together on earth. Because of this, a complete and holistic description of the divine will never take place among believers.

You cannot fit infinity into a finite mind.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If we could go back in time, every author of every verse in the Bible would confidently assert they are speaking the unvarnished truth.

Much like all of us do here on TOL.

Any sense of the holy and the sacred has to be filtered down through real, actual human beings existing together on earth. Because of this, a complete and holistic description of the divine will never take place among believers.

You cannot fit infinity into a finite mind.

what's that got to do with monetary instability - i should have put this in politics.

and you compare "all of us here on TOL" to every Bible author of every Bible verse ? whaaaaaaaaaaaat ????????????

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
what's that got to do with monetary instability - i should have put this in politics.

and you compare "all of us here on TOL" to every Bible author of every Bible verse ? whaaaaaaaaaaaat ????????????

I pick up on the feeling that you don't want religion or Christianity brought into the thread.

Money, love of money, the elevation of money above all else--all this brings to my mind the teachings of Jesus. So I brought that pesky rabbi back into the discussion.

As did one other poster.

Sometimes two different things might be first seen as having no commonalities. But if one uses their imagination they can show it and see it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Problem is always supply. An economy crashes if there is not enough currency in circulation.
Neoclassical economics is bankrupt. The last crash surprised everyone who "thought" they knew what the system was all about.

No one has yet learned some fundamental lessons. The mathematical models economists devise and bow down to are only models, not the reality of economics itself. By turning a science about the behavior of human beings with free will into the dry and stale forms of "theories" we will not know how to live in a new global, ecological economy.

Speaking of the monetary environment, that's my TWO CENT's worth.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Don't you have the self-confidence to feel that you are spiritually informed and theologically correct? Often I do. And so did the ancient authors of the Bible.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I pick up on the feeling that you don't want religion or Christianity brought into the thread.

Money, love of money, the elevation of money above all else--all this brings to my mind the teachings of Jesus. So I brought that pesky rabbi back into the discussion.

As did one other poster.

Sometimes two different things might be first seen as having no commonalities. But if one uses their imagination they can show it and see it.

no. you're no good at pickin' up feelings, cuz ur not gettin' my feeling that you are way off subject and you try to steer threads off on ur tangents. we can go Christian all day, not religion. this is about gold as everyday currency, not ancient Bible verses about money and gold, but we can do that too. i never put limits on my threads so you can ramble on about anything.

i am aware of what the Bible says about coveting and i don't, thanks

ps - i did a thread on Selfishness, i know about greed, money and covetousness -

View attachment 20196

View attachment 20197

View attachment 20198

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
no. you're no good at pickin' up feelings, cuz ur not gettin' my feeling that you are way off subject and you try to steer threads off on ur tangents. we can go Christian all day, not religion. this is about gold as everyday currency, not ancient Bible verses about money and gold, but we can do that too. i never put limits on my threads so you can ramble on about anything.

ps - i did a thread on Selfishness, i know about greed, money and covetousness -

View attachment 20196

View attachment 20197

View attachment 20198
I cannot pick up anyone's feelings. I can guess at them, but I will never know what they are until the person reveals them directly.

So I am gettin' the feeling you want to keep that pesky first-century rabbi out of the discussion.

I hear you and won't confuse the issue again here. Please believe that as far as mind-reading and guessing at others' motivations, I am severely diminished in those capacities. So thanks for bringing it out in the open and refraining from your religious comments on the religious comments--if that makes any sense.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

View attachment 20196

View attachment 20197

View attachment 20198
You are making me confused.

First you say I and others are "going off on a tangent" yet you are also saying that since you don't put limits on threads, any discussion or point is welcome--as long as it goes generally along with the topic.

So what are you really trying to communicate here?